I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

How do you mean by he's weakened? Not saying you are wrong, but I mean does that really weaken him?

Yes.... Hes been crippled by this.... He put the FULL POWER of his office behind this.... THE VICE fcuking PRESIDENT was in charge of it... Yeah... Hes a bozo... BUT thats a BIG symbolic move...

This is similar to when Bush pushed social security reform in the first months of his second term and got rejected... His presidency NEVER recovered from that politically.

As President, you've got two, maybe three big bills per congress... Thats it... First term it was the Stimulus and Ocare, and NEITHER are seen as politically popular right now... His own party is talking about reforming it because its such a mess and made health insurance costs skyrocket.... This time he went for Guns (he lost) and next is amnesty... Jury is out on that one, but he knows its in jeopardy now as well.

Wow just watched his speech... Struck me as very off-hand and unprofessional. I can see the frustration with the background checks which seem to be widely accepted but it would certainly open that door just a bit more to severe gun regulation.

Why do you suppose he had all those people in the Rose Garden? They weren't there for an Obama tantrum... As of yesterday, they had the votes to pass the manchin toomey amendment (background checks).... Something happened in the last 24 hours and the votes evaporated into thin air... And hes left with a binch of people and no way to hang this on the "Do nothing house"...

His agenda all along was to get something, ANYTHING passed in the SENATE knowing that it had zero chance in the house, so he could use it in 2014 to defeat them.... Well... That didnt go as planned.... So instead of saying "Sorry fgolks, speech is canceled. have a nice trip home." he made the political mistake of responding in anger.... And this is how he acts when he doesn't get what he wants.... He throws a tantrum.

Reid voted against it, so that proceduraly he can call for a reconsideration on IT if he finds the votes... (Unlikely).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad this is coming to a close for America! God Bless the USA...their is still hope LOL...pic from today...

post-10287-1366265882_thumb.jpg

So instead of saying "Sorry fgolks, speech is canceled. have a nice trip home." he made the political mistake of responding in anger.... And this is how he acts when he doesn't get what he wants.... He throws a tantrum.

The media will cover him. They'll spin it as, "THIS is a President who CARES..."

His agenda all along was to get something, ANYTHING passed in the SENATE knowing that it had zero chance in the house, so he could use it in 2014 to defeat them.... Well... That didnt go as planned.... So instead of saying "Sorry fgolks, speech is canceled. have a nice trip home." he made the political mistake of responding in anger.... And this is how he acts when he doesn't get what he wants.... He throws a tantrum.

No doubt he acts like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way, but I'm not so sure this affects his overall strategy for governing very much, and it might even help it. As you point out, he knows he can't enact anything significant that he wants because of the Republican House, and his strategy is all about taking back the House in 2014. Or in other words, it's a rev up the left-wing base strategy, which is the same strategy he used to get re-elected. While passing something in the Senate and then blaming the House would have been ok, now he can say that those Republicans are so extreme they filibustered even an expansion of background checks, a minimalist change that was sponsored by one of their own members. I'm sure the fundraising emails have already gone out. So I don't think what happened yesterday changes anything about his strategy or it's likelihood of success significantly, but I am skeptical that this strategy will allow him to take back the House in an off-year election with a number of vulnerable Dems. I'd be less surprised if the Repubs took the Senate than if the Dems took the House.

No doubt he acts like a petulant child when he doesn't get his way, but I'm not so sure this affects his overall strategy for governing very much, and it might even help it. As you point out, he knows he can't enact anything significant that he wants because of the Republican House, and his strategy is all about taking back the House in 2014. Or in other words, it's a rev up the left-wing base strategy, which is the same strategy he used to get re-elected. While passing something in the Senate and then blaming the House would have been ok, now he can say that those Republicans are so extreme they filibustered even an expansion of background checks, a minimalist change that was sponsored by one of their own members. I'm sure the fundraising emails have already gone out. So I don't think what happened yesterday changes anything about his strategy or it's likelihood of success significantly, but I am skeptical that this strategy will allow him to take back the House in an off-year election with a number of vulnerable Dems. I'd be less surprised if the Repubs took the Senate than if the Dems took the House.

I think that was the plan.... Problem... As of last week, 4% of respondents say "Gun control is an important issue."

I think that was the plan.... Problem... As of last week, 4% of respondents say "Gun control is an important issue."

Agreed, but to the crackpots that make up the Democratic base it would be a lot higher than that, and his strategy is all about getting a significant percentage of the base to come out and vote in an election in which only around 37% of eligible voters will show up. I don't think it will work, but that's his strategy. I bet gay marriage/rights is pretty far down the list of important issues to voters generally too but look how much time they've spent on that over the last year or so.

Agreed, but to the crackpots that make up the Democratic base it would be a lot higher than that, and his strategy is all about getting a significant percentage of the base to come out and vote in an election in which only around 37% of eligible voters will show up. I don't think it will work, but that's his strategy. I bet gay marriage/rights is pretty far down the list of important issues to voters generally too but look how much time they've spent on that over the last year or so.

The problem is, what are they going to do? Primary democrats? That will not work out for them...

The problem is, what are they going to do? Primary democrats? That will not work out for them...

Oh I agree with you. I think the strategy is a loser. But it's about the only strategy he has other than to try to "triangulate" like Clinton did and he has no interest in that.

Something happened in the last 24 hours and the votes evaporated into thin air...

Yeah, wasn't it just a matter of days ago that we apparently had "an agreement" and the bill was slated to move forward with universal background checks, etc? WTF happened there?

I can't stand how the politicians trotted out the Sandy Hook families, including young kids, and used them as political pawns. Was there a single speech where Gabby Giffords wasn't standing in the background, nodding vaguely at each sentence? Hopefully this glaring defeat will deter the future use of crime victims in political charades.

White House says Obama will be taking "additional executive actions" later this week (I guess today then?).

EDIT: Okay, seems that it was Biden mis-speaking, these actions are part of the original executive actions he was going to take.

image.jpg

What is a reasonable price to let this go? Thanks

That... Thats not worth anything... Ill take it off you hands for $50....

I kid, I kid...

Straight HK SL8? 223? Folding stock? Any optic?

Does that price include the built in red dot and I think 3 power optics in the handle or just the gun. Thanks

I removed that price because I wasnt sure what it had up top... But yeah, I would shoot for that range with that... You might want to start a little higher and see if you get any nibbles... How long is the barrel?

Nice 308 Christiann! Have you shot it yet? Like the optic?

Saw an ad for the Sig Sauer MPX this weekend. I think i need one of these in my life.

Without doing much research is there a Civy model of that?

Yes it's called the MPX-C

MPX-C-Detail-L.jpg

Has a 6.5" barrel with a 9.5" permanently attached muzzle break

Pricing looks to be around $2200

No word on availability yet.