I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I have to move to own this?

brugger_thomet_mp9.jpg

B&T MP9? Full auto- Cant own it in the U.S.

Civilian version is the tm9? or tp9? or something like that...

B&T MP9? Full auto- Cant own it in the U.S.

Civilian version is the tm9? or tp9? or something like that...

TMP9 "m" for machine ;)

Video taken with a cell phone on one of our live fire break contact drills (center peel maneuver). I am point man. I am not moving fast/taking cover well FYI - should have been moving my ass...getting lazy at 43. Turn up the volume and watch in HD and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ihBLGa9Cg

Video taken with a cell phone on one of our live fire break contact drills (center peel maneuver). I am point man. I am not moving fast/taking cover well FYI - should have been moving my ass...getting lazy at 43. Turn up the volume and watch in HD and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ihBLGa9Cg

I assume whoever is operating the drone isn't shown on the video but is in radio contact with the team, right? Cool stuff.

If someone was shooting at me it would have looked like this as I egressed from the area:

I really do enjoy you sharing this stuff with us. Cool to see for sure!

My newest projects...

16" mid length with a Osprey Gas piston system...

And a 10.3" Mk18 mod 0 pistol, which will be an SBR once I get the paper work back from the Feds.

On the pistol I built it completely from scratch. 80% lower receiver. Virgin stripped upper receiver and chambered barrel.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

Looking good RD - glad you are converting that pistol to an SBR and putting a stock on it. I do not see the value in purchasing one of those and truly using them as a pistol. They look cool but that is it.

Looking good RD - glad you are converting that pistol to an SBR and putting a stock on it. I do not see the value in purchasing one of those and truly using them as a pistol. They look cool but that is it.

AR pistol = Clear and Present Douchebag...

4518425267_de45877fe1_o.jpg

But that gun is going to be the tits once I get a stamp on it...

Im looking forward to shooting the piston gun... All the fun, without the cleaning... Im guessing that one will become my "suv". My default AR... But I think I need to upgrade the pistol grip...Something bigger to fit my hand... And "cusiony" Anybody have any thoughts?

RD - once you go piston you will never go back. So much cleaner, less gas in your face, and a MUST with a silencer. It is well worth the money! As for AR grips I am running mostly Ergo Suregrip and if you want - a little heavier the Ergo tactical deluxe grip. My favorite grips even with gloves.

RD - once you go piston you will never go back. So much cleaner, less gas in your face, and a MUST with a silencer. It is well worth the money! As for AR grips I am running mostly Ergo Suregrip and if you want - a little heavier the Ergo tactical deluxe grip. My favorite grips even with gloves.

How are they for hand fatigue on heavy use? I ""Think"" I used to have the Tactical deluxe in a palm rest grip, but iirc it was still VERY HARD... The "sure grip" is the softer "rubbery" one right?

Yes, the two I recommend feel great/soft without gloves (I do not know of any other that feel as soft). As for heavy use you should not have any fatigue or the least amount of fatigue with these.

Pic of some of my "tools" RD note the Ergo grips...

post-10287-1367265694_thumb.jpg

Jealous doesn't begin to describe my feelings...

:iamwithstupid: x2! I think Charlie wins the, "Who has the most exciting job" contest! Awesome stuff. :)

RD - once you go piston you will never go back. So much cleaner, less gas in your face, and a MUST with a silencer. It is well worth the money!

Do you have any recommendations for a retro fit piston kit? I have a 10.5" SBR that I posted earlier in the thread. It's standard gas op and I run it 99% of the time with my M4-2000. I've heard good things about the piston op guns, but never owned one...

Do you have any recommendations for a retro fit piston kit? I have a 10.5" SBR that I posted earlier in the thread. It's standard gas op and I run it 99% of the time with my M4-2000. I've heard good things about the piston op guns, but never owned one...

What type of gas block do you have and do you want to change it?

What type of gas block do you have and do you want to change it?

It's a low-pro style gasblock but I haven't laid eye upon it in a long while; it's hidden under my casv... Do the piston kits come with proprietary gas blocks?

It's a low-pro style gasblock but I haven't laid eye upon it in a long while; it's hidden under my casv... Do the piston kits come with proprietary gas blocks?

Most of them do... But I think most are designed to work with that type of set up...

I had the opposite issue. The only one I could find that would allow me to keep my front sight gas block (which I wanted to keep) was the osprey, but then it requires new handguards that will fit over the piston.

Uzzirider - I have had friends do the Adams Arms with success. OR just order a piston SBR and sell your gas SBR when you get the piston. When doing an SBR upper only go with piston!

MaciekR - the 16'" is running the Leupold Mark 6 CQB with the CMR W - here is a link...http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/mark-6-riflescopes/mark-6-1-6x20mm-34mm-m6c1/

Uzzirider - I have had friends do the Adams Arms with success. OR just order a piston SBR and sell your gas SBR when you get the piston. When doing an SBR upper only go with piston!

MaciekR - the 16'" is running the Leupold Mark 6 CQB with the CMR W - here is a link...http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/mark-6-riflescopes/mark-6-1-6x20mm-34mm-m6c1/

Would you happen to have any experience with the ACOG? If you do, how would you compare it to the Mark 6?