Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats particularly scary, is how many shots he was able to take before he went down.... I think he gets hit about 5 times before he goes to his knees... And he keeps shooting.... I count 31 hits total... But the last 10 or so were pointless. (BTW, Im not saying they shouldnt have been fired.... The notion of that fucker getting back up, while the two cops bleed out, is unacceptable. He needed to be put down permanently.)

That just backs up RDs advice to stay in the car. Of those two officers one lost a finger and the other got a wound so small he went back to work.

How the fcuk you miss two people at such close range is beyond me.

police cars are outfitted with ballistic panels (level 3) in both front doors. that might have helped.

You would be surprised how inaccurate most gun shots are even from a short distances in your standard gun fight. I will admit though the officer/deputies returning fire did an exceptional job. Nonetheless I would rather be unarmed and take down a person with a gun in a "close combat" situation than have a weapon.

Dash cam video released from Middlefield police shows a man shooting at police with an assault rifle during a traffic stop in March.

During a news conference Friday, police showed the weapons and other items that were found in the suspect’s car.

According to police, officers pulled over James Gilkerson, 42, of Mentor-on-the-Lake, on March 10 for failing to stop at the intersection of East High Street and North State Avenue.

The video shows Gilkerson getting out of the car and firing an AK-47-style rifle at the police officers.

Officers Erin Thomas and Brandon Savage were injured by gunfire. Thomas was shot in the hand. Savage was able to fire back and strike Gilkerson.

Gilkerson then moves back toward his car and yells “kill me” while continuing to fire shots.

A report released by the Geauga County prosecutor’s office said Gilkerson fired 33 rounds at the officers.

His gun had a 40-round magazine attached. Officer Savage fired 29 rounds.

Inside Gilkerson’s car, police found multiple loaded magazines and loads of ammunition, ski masks and gloves, military-style ammo cans, a scoped .22 caliber rifle, instructional DVDs and books such as “Kitchen Approved Plastic Explosives,” “Advance Close-Range Gunfighting,” Homemade Detonators” and others.

The prosecutor ruled earlier this week that both officers acted in self defense and would not face any charges.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ffd_1367619...eic0oFGLsiJt.99

What came over the PA system to make the office say "Oh my god" @ the 1:30 mark?

Clearly if she didnt have back up, she would have been dead..

I THINK Ive got a pretty good handle on the dialogue....

Audio starts when the light bar is activated, which happens at the 0:50 mark

At 1:15 car pulls over, but doesnt appear to be turned off- Brake lights still on. Electronic noise is the in police car computer, probably providing info on the license plate.

At 1:20 Cop car door can be heard opening. Probably just unlatching the door, but not swinging it open in case he takes off... His foot is still on the brake at that point.

At 1:28 the female officer can be heard saying "Is he hiding something?" (meaning they see him and instead of him grabbing the wheel at 10 and 2, hes fumbling around in the car with something in the passenger seat or back seat... That is usually interpreted as "hiding drugs"... Thats not what he was doing though)

At 1:31 the male officer finally registers what hes doing... He's pulling a long gun from a bag.. The officer responds with "Oh Shit..."

At 1:33 the female officer acknowledges that she sees it too with "oh my God."

At 1:46 you can hear the audio in the car change... My guess is, thats them swinging the door open and pulling their guns...

At 1:57 Im pretty sure I hear a gun shot as the black acura passes... Not totally sure who is shooting but it sounds muffled, and it sounds like a rifle round, like the bad guy fires the gun inside the car...

At 2:00 she says "Whoa" as he pops out with the gun and starts shooting...

At 2:14 the bad guy has been hit several times and screams "kill me"

2:17 Male officer asks "Are you hit?" She responds "Yes"

2:20 Female officer yells "You cover, Ill call dispatch."

2:23 Bad guy is kneeling appearing to try to reload or work the action.... Male officer has reloaded and unloads on him.

During that female officer can be heard yelling in the radio "Shots fired" And the location where they are which I can't make out because she is SCREAMING it over the gunfire...

2:30 A male citizen runs up and asks "are you ok?"

At 2:31 Male officer is on the radio screaming "Send back up NOW! Shots fired"

At 2:35 the citizen announces "I have a pistol" (probably so the pumped up cops dont shoot him too)

At 2:37 Female officer on the radio saying "Send an ambulance Im hit, State street just by the station" to the radio.

2:40 Male officer asks her "how bad you hit?"

2:44 Male citizen can be heard saying "Hold On, Hold on" to one of the injured officers (I think the male officer was the driver and more injured of the two).

2:45 Male officer says "He's dead"

BTW... watch the white car at 2:08, in the oncoming lanes do the "Oh Shit, reverse!"

The whole exchange, from first gunshot to last, is less than 25 seconds... In that time, the police ALONE fire 45 rounds. I have no idea how many the bg fires.

Two possibilities...

1. (my thought) He wasn't really trying. It was clearly a "Suicide by cop". Well, if you SHOOT THE COPS, they can't kill you... Which is the whole point of the exercise... So you shoot NEAR the cops, and you KEEP shooting NEAR them so they do kill you...

2. Cops had cover.... Her didnt. (Im not buying it though... That AK cuts through a cop car like a hot knife through butter. )

police cars are outfitted with ballistic panels (level 3) in both front doors. that might have helped.

Actually, most are not... Thats only become available recently, and its a pretty big expense to adopt them... Small departments like this one probably dont have them yet... And even so, AK47 rounds will cut through anything less than level 6.

What really happened: A whackjob with an AK commits suicide by cop and an armed civilian comes to their aid. What you'll hear instead: criminals prefer military-style assault rifles because they can shoot police better.

Actually, most are not... Thats only become available recently, and its a pretty big expense to adopt them... Small departments like this one probably dont have them yet... And even so, AK47 rounds will cut through anything less than level 6.

wow.

then i have the same question, how the f did he miss....

I have personally shot through railroad track with the 7.62x39, the .223 would only scuff the track up, crazy!

I have personally shot through railroad track with the 7.62x39, the .223 would only scuff the track up, crazy!

Im guessing you werent using the new(ish) M855A1 "Improved Greentip"? That stuff goes through steel like shit through a llama.

That just backs up RDs advice to stay in the car. Of those two officers one lost a finger and the other got a wound so small he went back to work.

554573_564051860305927_572763507_n.jpg