> Average American Drinks 477 Cans Of Soda Per Year
vyce77
post Jun 27 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #41

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 21,082

QUOTE (porter @ Jun 27 2011, 05:06 PM) *
You don't count. I've never seen you.

I bet his user name makes a lot more sense now.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rawr
post Jun 27 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #42

Talent is Talent

Member No.: 11,867

QUOTE (porter @ Jun 27 2011, 11:06 PM) *
You don't count. I've never seen you.

I am not talking about just myself - every other girl in college is drinking diet, are they all unfit? I know 2 guys who train MMA who drink it, like I said I don't know what you consider fit, and on the other hand can 2-3 cans a day KILL your body fat levels when you have proper diet and workout schedule? You are a smart guy you think that's the major issue??

I had higher bf levels than I do now when I drink it a lot less - may be Paris is on to something but I don't think it's the whole picture.

--------------------

The Russians also bought the «Lamborghini of Emendator», the cost of which amounted to 17 million rubles.
+Quote Post
Chipster
post Jun 27 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 3,902

I drink water or crystal light. Maybe 1-2 sodas a month. Same with coffee. Not much alcohol and the only milk I drink is chocolate milk and it has to be fat free milk. With two diabetics in the house I got used to fat free and normal milk tastes like sugar to me now.

--------------------

05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, Tubi exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
15 Toyota Tundra Platinum -7" BDS, FUEL wheels and 37s, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP
67 Cadillac DeVille Coupe, custom, bagged, glass packs, white walls
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
13 Harley Road Glide Custom - 30" wheel, stretched bags, air ride - SOLD
07 Suzuki Hayabusa - 330mm rear, lowered, Eclipse wheels - SOLD
91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed - SOLD
+Quote Post
vyce77
post Jun 27 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 21,082

QUOTE (Chipster @ Jun 27 2011, 07:25 PM) *
I drink water or crystal light. Maybe 1-2 sodas a month. Same with coffee. Not much alcohol and the only milk I drink is chocolate milk and it has to be fat free milk. With two diabetics in the house I got used to fat free and normal milk tastes like sugar to me now.

The artificial sweetener in crystal light is linked to diabetes in the eyes of some doctors. I might consider investigating it further if diabetes is a real concern. Even worse, it is tied to some serious side effects for those that already have diabetes.
+Quote Post
porter
post Jun 27 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #45

LP Resident Ninja
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,428

QUOTE (Rawr @ Jun 27 2011, 04:37 PM) *
I am not talking about just myself - every other girl in college is drinking diet, are they all unfit? I know 2 guys who train MMA who drink it, like I said I don't know what you consider fit, and on the other hand can 2-3 cans a day KILL your body fat levels when you have proper diet and workout schedule? You are a smart guy you think that's the major issue??

I had higher bf levels than I do now when I drink it a lot less - may be Paris is on to something but I don't think it's the whole picture.

Dude you are being way too literal and serious for this discussion. She made a comment about fat people drinking Diet Coke and from what I've seen in it pretty much holds true. I don't think Paris had done assays analyzing various titrations of Diet Coke into human adipose tissue. I think she made the comment because she saw fat people walking around with hamburgers in one hand and Diet Cokes in the other.
+Quote Post
Assman
post Jun 27 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #46

Lambro

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,288

Porter, I believe she taste sampled enough semen to scientifically make this conclusion.

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
porter
post Jun 27 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #47

LP Resident Ninja
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,428

QUOTE (Gasman @ Jun 27 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Porter, I believe she taste sampled enough semen to scientifically make this conclusion.

lol.gif bj.gif
+Quote Post
Destructo
post Jun 27 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,090

Screw you guys, i'm going to go get some Hostess treats and enjoy my Diet Coke while watching other people work out!

--------------------

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." - Gen. Curtis E. LeMay

"Pale Ebenezer thought it wrong to fight, But Roaring Bill (who killed him) thought it right." - Hilaire Belloc

"I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ass; and I am all out of bubblegum."
+Quote Post
Rawr
post Jun 27 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #49

Talent is Talent

Member No.: 11,867

QUOTE (porter @ Jun 28 2011, 02:16 AM) *
Dude you are being way too literal and serious for this discussion. She made a comment about fat people drinking Diet Coke and from what I've seen in it pretty much holds true. I don't think Paris had done assays analyzing various titrations of Diet Coke into human adipose tissue. I think she made the comment because she saw fat people walking around with hamburgers in one hand and Diet Cokes in the other.

One time I bring facts to the thread in my entire life and it's Hawaiian shirt day.. FML!

Well let's start up the webcams!

--------------------

The Russians also bought the «Lamborghini of Emendator», the cost of which amounted to 17 million rubles.
+Quote Post
sprite
post Jun 27 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #50

V1P

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 8,895

I hardly drink soda, but I enjoy beer entirely too much.

--------------------

Luck isn't some mystical energy that dances around the universe randomly bestowing people with satisfaction and joy, we create our own luck.

'18 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Spyder [Verde Mantis]
'17 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme [Black w/Silver Stripes]
'18 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk [Black]

Sold: '96 Dodge Viper RT/10, '05 Dodge Ram SRT-10 TT, '05 Lamborghini Gallardo, '06 Lamborghini Murcielago, '06 Corvette Zee-06, '06 Ford GT, '07 Ferrari F430 Spider, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo SLTT, '08 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, '13 Nissan GTR, '13 McLaren MP4-12C Spider, '12 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 SL, '15 Huracan LP610-4 Coupe, '10 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
+Quote Post
RyanB
post Jun 28 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #51

Official SHITSHOW Member

Member No.: 8,025

I drink soda like it's going out of style. I will not touch diet soda, or diet anything for that matter. 1) I hate the after taste of aspertame 2) During my years as a tech for Xerox, one of my accounts was the company that manufactures sweet and low, and the inside of that place smelled like arsenic and was absolutely disgusting 3) there are loosely based claims that many artifical sweetners are linked to cancer.
+Quote Post
WheelsRCool
post Jun 28 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #52

They see me wheelin', they hatin'

Member No.: 9,364

QUOTE (Chimay52 @ Jun 27 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Get this though........what if SNOPES is lying all the time?!

What a great scam that would be. Everyone trusts snopes to prove all the stories are lies.
When in fact it is snopes that is lying, making all the original stories true.

Damn...

Snopes has been mistaken occassionally, and they are actually not a professional research organization, they are a husband-wife team. They have done a great service in busting a lot of myths, but the whole way in which they are regarded as the "final word" on so many things isn't right.

--------------------

"Work is not a curse; it is the prerogative of intelligence, the only means to manhood, and the measure of civilization." --- Calvin Coolidge
+Quote Post
WheelsRCool
post Jun 28 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #53

They see me wheelin', they hatin'

Member No.: 9,364

QUOTE (abolfaz @ Jun 27 2011, 04:28 PM) *
I stopped drinking soda about 5 months ago. I can't even go near it now.

Same here! icon_thumleft.gif (although I stopped some years ago). You will find this will actually in general apply to all junk food. If you wipe it out of your diet entirely, you literally lose the appetite for it. When you exercise and workout, after a workout, if your body is used to sweets, you will probably crave them, but once wiped form your diet, after a workout, junk food and sweets are oftentimes the last thing you want.

On drinking milk, I have read very good things about consuming raw milk**, provided you get it from a reliable source to make sure the cow is not diseased or anything. You want a grass-fed cow (I think it is grass-fed). Pasteurization it is said destroys a lot of the enzymes in the milk taht are so beneficial. Raw milk used to be a lot more dangerous back when hygiene and cleanliness standards and so forth were far more lackluster, and pasteurization could destroy a lot of these diseases that ended up in the milk. But in modern times, you should be able to get safe raw milk.

**The health benefits of raw milk is a very controversial thing though, Google the subject and some say pasteurized is far safer and healthier, others say that is not true and raw milk is far healthier, and can do things like clear up all of your allergies and so forth, so make sure to research the subject before consuming raw milk!

--------------------

"Work is not a curse; it is the prerogative of intelligence, the only means to manhood, and the measure of civilization." --- Calvin Coolidge
+Quote Post
Chipster
post Jun 28 2011, 03:28 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 3,902

QUOTE (vyce77 @ Jun 27 2011, 09:44 PM) *
The artificial sweetener in crystal light is linked to diabetes in the eyes of some doctors. I might consider investigating it further if diabetes is a real concern. Even worse, it is tied to some serious side effects for those that already have diabetes.

I don't drink a ton of crystal light but have noticed no side effects. My twin sis and dad both drink very little of it (diabetics) and neither have noticed anything (they have both been diabetic for well over a decade) but i'll definitely look into this. Thanks

--------------------

05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, Tubi exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
15 Toyota Tundra Platinum -7" BDS, FUEL wheels and 37s, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP
67 Cadillac DeVille Coupe, custom, bagged, glass packs, white walls
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
13 Harley Road Glide Custom - 30" wheel, stretched bags, air ride - SOLD
07 Suzuki Hayabusa - 330mm rear, lowered, Eclipse wheels - SOLD
91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed - SOLD
+Quote Post
topcabron
post Jun 28 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #55

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 9,296

QUOTE (Chipster @ Jun 28 2011, 04:28 AM) *
I don't drink a ton of crystal light but have noticed no side effects. My twin sis and dad both drink very little of it (diabetics) and neither have noticed anything (they have both been diabetic for well over a decade) but i'll definitely look into this. Thanks

you would have to drink a lot of sweetener to have effects that change the chemistry of your cells.

The problem with these sweeteners is there is an addictive nature to them which has your body craving more over time.

The boys in the lab for these companies know this and the companies exploit this. Kind of like......cigarettes
+Quote Post
Kevin2772
post Jun 28 2011, 06:39 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 9,632

I drink Diet Mt Dew like its going out of style. Not a huge coffee drinker so 1 or 2 of those a day at least. But I also drink Crystal Light at home all the time as well. Havent noticed any ill side effects to my type 1 diabetic ass....yet....
+Quote Post
NuclearJACK
post Jun 28 2011, 07:05 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 237

QUOTE (WheelsRCool @ Jun 28 2011, 08:02 AM) *
Snopes has been mistaken occassionally, and they are actually not a professional research organization, they are a husband-wife team. They have done a great service in busting a lot of myths, but the whole way in which they are regarded as the "final word" on so many things isn't right.

Yes they do make mistakes and they are not a professional organization but they are the final word because they spend more then 0.00000035 seconds thinking about something. The same can not be said about the average forum poster. Who typically doesn't even have time to use a spell check.

They also list sources for their information at the bottom.

--------------------

Disclaimer: I don't have a lambo :( Nor am I any where close to ever owning one.
+Quote Post
NuclearJACK
post Jun 28 2011, 07:08 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 237

I used to drink 2 liters of regular Pepsi a day, and that was 7 days a week.

I hate the taste of diet sodas, especially the after taste.

Recently stopped drinking Pepsi all together.

The trick is what to replace it with. Milk is my other go to drink and I have switched that from 2% to 1% to now skim milk.

Right now Im drinking mostly water and limiting my self to two glasses of milk or apple juice a day.

--------------------

Disclaimer: I don't have a lambo :( Nor am I any where close to ever owning one.
+Quote Post
Assman
post Jun 28 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #59

Lambro

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,288

I love milk, especially i love milk and cereal. I could live on that 100% but I stopped all dairy. Someone said something to me that made sense. Basically, what does an adult human need with baby cow food? It really isn't designed to feed an adult.

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
RyanB
post Jun 28 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #60

Official SHITSHOW Member

Member No.: 8,025

QUOTE (Gasman @ Jun 28 2011, 08:31 AM) *
I love milk, especially i love milk and cereal. I could live on that 100% but I stopped all dairy. Someone said something to me that made sense. Basically, what does an adult human need with baby cow food? It really isn't designed to feed an adult.

But by that logic, why drink alcohol? It is also not designed to "feed" an adult and in many cases is actually bad for you. It taste good or it makes people feel good, that's why we drink it. The same reasons, People drink milk, and eat Cereal and Milk, eat cheese, etc. We enjoy it. At least dairy provides things that are beneficial to the body.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd February 2018 - 09:57 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag