Things that make you LOL!

RyanRo24

MANG,

I personally am not a fan of soccer, and I am a fan of football. I played soccer for 7 years, I played football for 11 years. Funny thing is that I always get into this discussion/argument with my best friends as they are all brazilian, argentinian, columbian, venezuelan, ecuadorian, etc. There contention is that soccer is the most watched sport in the world which it is, and there players are paid the most because of it which they are, and they try and argue that they are better athletes. That is where I draw the line. There is no way in hell you can call a soccer player a better athlete than a running back or wide reciever in the NFL. Soccer is about as exciting in my opinion as watching golf or major league baseball which I do watch from time to time, but in small doses as it is boring as shit.

I found this article this morning which kind of describes soccer in my opinion as that gay screaming crying shit that they all do now is truly gay which is also why i dont watch basketball anymore as they do the same shit:

Soccer does not explicitly promote homosexuality, if it does at all, but in America, it is regarded as a “girly sport.” …The low-impact image of soccer makes it appear less manly and boring to the casual sports fan. In addition, the phenomenon of “diving” in soccer has only added to the “gay” image of soccer. Diving is the act of tripping over by an offensive player with little to no contact from his defender in order to win a free kick. Players like Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, and Arjen Robben add dramatics such as loud screams and crying which further emasculate the sport. Homosexuality has always been a controversial issue that Americans have tried to avoid, and a sport like soccer that does not appear to be “manly enough” has failed to attract attention from the US.

this basically sums up why I love American football and some pics for Capt, Placid, etc.:

post-679-1252165668_thumb.jpg

post-679-1252165687_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rugby > Football > American football.

Kick a ball at a man, he will kick it.

Kick a ball at a girl, she will pick it up.

Kick a ball at an American football player and he will put on padding and then pick it up. :icon_mrgreen:

LOL, thats funny!

But let me rephrase that one :)

Icehockey > Rugby > Football > American football

Back to normally scheduled program

LOL, thats funny!

But let me rephrase that one :)

Icehockey > Rugby > Football > American football

Back to normally scheduled program

Icehockey is a tough sport. We dont really car much for it in the US, except the northern states. Rugby is tough too, I have played it before. The rest I dont agree with.

To me it is American Football>MMA>Rugby>Icehockey>Baseball>Basketball>Golf>Tennis>Cricket>Water Polo>Watching Grass Grow>Soccer :icon_thumleft: :lol2:

More pictures for the Soccer fans.

soccer_is_fun.bmp

post-679-1252168386_thumb.jpg

post-679-1252168400_thumb.jpg

post-679-1252168415_thumb.jpg

last comment off topic and then more funny stuff....but I see more gays in everyday life than I did the in the sports world by far, so ripping on soccer and calling it 'gay' is a bit ridiculous. As far as Beckham, I am with public opinion mostly that he is a bit overdone with the media, his wife, his metrosexual 'act', etc...but there is an unwritten code in the soccer world and the boy paid his dues (in Britain - where tough weather and tough opponents are a reality), became a decent player and then a celebrity, now I am a bit sick of his exploits.

don't call an incredibly challenging and world's biggest sport by far - GAY...alright? Have you ever competed in high level (professionally) sports?

My previous post was just pointing out that there are gays everywhere, even in pro soccer, I would guess. Not really sure why you would get so riled over this, this thread is about funny shit and I was not seriously calling all of soccer "gay". I just find it funny when straight men get so pissed over someone questioning their sexuality, why the insecurity? As far as Beckham being gay, not really sure or care! That is usually started by straight men who are jealous of a good looking succesful guy, much like the Richard Gere and Tom Cruise rumours that have been going around for years. Finally to your question about pro sports, no I have never played pro sports, I was one step down when I raced motocross and there WERE a couple gay guys I knew of. Not all gays are in the Ballet or doing hair at the local salon, hell some of us even read lpower! Please back to the funny shit!!!! (no pun intended) :icon_thumleft:

My previous post was just pointing out that there are gays everywhere, even in pro soccer, I would guess. Not really sure why you would get so riled over this, this thread is about funny shit and I was not seriously calling all of soccer "gay". I just find it funny when straight men get so pissed over someone questioning their sexuality, why the insecurity? As far as Beckham being gay, not really sure or care! That is usually started by straight men who are jealous of a good looking succesful guy, much like the Richard Gere and Tom Cruise rumours that have been going around for years. Finally to your question about pro sports, no I have never played pro sports, I was one step down when I raced motocross and there WERE a couple gay guys I knew of. Not all gays are in the Ballet or doing hair at the local salon, hell some of us even read lpower! Please back to the funny shit!!!! (no pun intended) :icon_thumleft:

okay I lied...wasn't my last comment...I guess I wasn't really replying to YOU, more to the various comments about soccer from others as well...and I am not riled, the problem with the written word is it may have seemed that I was. I am just matter of fact or opinion, so sorry if you felt I was all emotional and GAY, lol! :icon_mrgreen:

I don't have any problem with my manhood, lol. I was just defending what I did for a career and living and to have people just randomly saying it is gay, sort of bugs me I guess, but who gives a fk really :) It provided me a phat paycheck to run around and scream like a fairy for 20 years....sure beat the hell out of working and I was driving a Countach in my 20's :)

I never had any interest in males, never saw gays in my soccer travels, and I have had a shitload of females in my lifetime, one I married and divorced and countless others for FUN :monkeyleft: and drama :eusa_wall:..I may have even had a squirter or two, like the clown! :icon_mrgreen:

ps..the photo with the Argentine players in the wall with the nekid chick is really funny! Argentine soccer is far from 'gay', I played there a year...stadiums are packed with insane (intoxicated) fans (99% men, grandfathers, fathers, sons), no cheerleaders, no tailgating, no rich folks paying big money for tickets and they boo you if you take the easy way out and pass the ball backwards. There is violence in the stands, sometimes leading to murder at EVERY game, but the players are treated like GODS!

okay I lied...wasn't my last comment...I guess I wasn't really replying to YOU, more to the various comments about soccer from others as well...and I am not riled, the problem with the written word is it may have seemed that I was. I am just matter of fact or opinion, so sorry if you felt I was all emotional and GAY, lol! :icon_mrgreen:

I don't have any problem with my manhood, lol. I was just defending what I did for a career and living and to have people just randomly saying it is gay, sort of bugs me I guess, but who gives a fk really :) It provided me a phat paycheck to run around and scream like a fairy for 20 years....sure beat the hell out of working and I was driving a Countach in my 20's :)

I never had any interest in males, never saw gays in my soccer travels, and I have had a shitload of females in my lifetime, one I married and divorced and countless others for FUN :monkeyleft: and drama :eusa_wall:..I may have even had a squirter or two, like the clown! :icon_mrgreen:

ps..the photo with the Argentine players in the wall with the nekid chick is really funny! Argentine soccer is far from 'gay', I played there a year...stadiums are packed with insane (intoxicated) fans (99% men, grandfathers, fathers, sons), no cheerleaders, no tailgating, no rich folks paying big money for tickets and they boo you if you take the easy way out and pass the ball backwards. There is violence in the stands, sometimes leading to murder at EVERY game, but the players are treated like GODS!

Very cool story, I agree things can be misinterpeted without being face to face. :icon_thumleft: I think the guys here were just joking like usual, that is what makes this forum so entertaining. I used to read fchat and it was such a bore, I came here and thought it was full of assholes, until I saw how things were. This is a rowdy group that likes to cut up, I would not take things personal here, now back to the funny shit! :icon_thumleft:

Where were you MANG when I was promoting football 4 years ago ?! :)

Remember PikeMike ? :P

Argentine soccer is far from 'gay', I played there a year...stadiums are packed with insane (intoxicated) fans (99% men, grandfathers, fathers, sons), no cheerleaders, no tailgating, no rich folks paying big money for tickets and they boo you if you take the easy way out and pass the ball backwards. There is violence in the stands, sometimes leading to murder at EVERY game, but the players are treated like GODS!

There was a situation in Poland where a guy stabbed his wife during the game (famous Cracow derby) because she had asked him which team he had supported.

From talking to various people the game (the game being proper Football) in the States is played in such a different way.

European and I imagine the South American game there is contact but not the sort of contact found in American Football and Rugby. But the game is different because it is flowing meaning you have to be more athletically fit.

A friend worked in New York and LA and played in leagues there and he got fed up with the softness, not allowed to play any sliding tackles, have to play the ball with a foot on the ground. A small shoulder barge being a foul.

Just naff compared to the way we play. I played two matches on Thursday in two leagues and I am still in pain now!

I have lactic acid type pains in my legs and feet and bruising in the hips.

I think I am getting too old to play two matches in one day!

But with American Football it is just stop start stop start with 30 seconds of play.

From talking to various people the game (the game being proper Football) in the States is played in such a different way.

European and I imagine the South American game there is contact but not the sort of contact found in American Football and Rugby. But the game is different because it is flowing meaning you have to be more athletically fit.

A friend worked in New York and LA and played in leagues there and he got fed up with the softness, not allowed to play any sliding tackles, have to play the ball with a foot on the ground. A small shoulder barge being a foul.

Just naff compared to the way we play. I played two matches on Thursday in two leagues and I am still in pain now!

I have lactic acid type pains in my legs and feet and bruising in the hips.

I think I am getting too old to play two matches in one day!

But with American Football it is just stop start stop start with 30 seconds of play.

This is the last post I will make regarding this subject as we are now beating a dead horse.

Having played both sports for many years, they are both physically demanding. Soccer requires more cardiovascular endurance, but at the end of a Football (American) practice or game, you are physically about as exhausted as you can get. During 3 hours-4 hours of hitting as hard as you can, blocking, throwing forearms, elbows, etc. it truly beats you down. In both sports, there are players who rest much more than others. In soccer, defenders and goalies have to work, but not as hard as forwards. In Football, Quarterbacks, and kickers are the same way, and the rest of the team goes through the majority of the work.

From a strength perspective, we know who wins that argument. There are many Quarterbacks in the NFL benching 500+ pounds.

Soccer is the most watched Sport in the World by far.

American Football is the most watched sport in the US by far.

End of discussion-Back on Topic.... :icon_thumleft:

saw this on a flight the other day yes it is my picture but i also uploaded it on to colleghumor.

This is what happens when farmers get bored

post-8211-1252432277_thumb.jpg

Guest skokos
Hope this isn't too racist. FWIW it was shown to me by a black friend.

Wow.jpg

Your a racist-Love,Dprice