abandoned gallardo

gefjun

Damn, you must have all the time in the world and a heart of gold. :)

Really though, somebody who actually cares needs to stake out the car for a few more months. If nobody ever comes to get it, snag it, take it home, clean it up, and take the VIN# to the nearest dealership or DMV and try to find out who it belongs to and get in contact with them to return it.

If I was in Spain, thats EXACTLY what I'd do. Who knows, if you got in contact with the owner and he/she saw that you took the time and effort to get the car out of harms way, clean it up, and find the owner, since they've been without it for so long, they might just say "keep it". <<<<I know, I know, unlikely but a possibility nonetheless

So sad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Related to this.

Just read an investigation a swedish insurance company "if" (large one) had made. And the conclusion was that in December 2007 of all the cars that was reported stolen to them, actually 30% were just forgotten or lost. Most common reasons for this was big parking lots at the malls, (people searched them at wrong rows) and people who drove their cars to the christmas parties, drank alcohol and took a cab home, next morning they didn't find their cars in the garage and reported them stolen.

Don't know if this is sad or funny.

It's irresponsible and stupid, but I don't make those mistakes so I don't pity the owners. I don't care if the guy drives a Murcielago or whatnot. When you're that stupid you should be banished from driving and stick to public transit.

Related to this.

Just read an investigation a swedish insurance company "if" (large one) had made. And the conclusion was that in December 2007 of all the cars that was reported stolen to them, actually 30% were just forgotten or lost. Most common reasons for this was big parking lots at the malls, (people searched them at wrong rows) and people who drove their cars to the christmas parties, drank alcohol and took a cab home, next morning they didn't find their cars in the garage and reported them stolen.

Don't know if this is sad or funny.

That is sad. That poor car is going to have so be seriously buffed to get those marks out of it from people writing in the dust. I would imagine the owner is either dead or in jail.

If the car is well wax protected, I should imagine there is no damage caused at all.

That Murcie appears to be stolen in the first place!

The G may well belong (ed) to a criminal, now preoccupied for a few years possibly!

Talking of cars at airports did you see this story about cars at Dubai airport last week?

http://www.dubaichronicle.com/?p=3228

A report in The National yesterday (10 January, 2009) said that in 2008, the number of abandoned-leased cars increased by 123 per cent and gave the following numbers:

65 cars were abandoned at Dubai airport and seized by the police by the end of 2008

22 cars were removed from Dubai airport by police “recently”

1450 cars were claimed back by banks in 2007 (not just abandoned at the airport) - about 28 cars per week

3200+ cars were claimed by banks in 2008 - about 60 cars per week.

However, private source said, that around 460 cars were found parked with keys inside, in Dubaib Airport parking lot, which assumes of people terminated who fled the country leaving these cars.

We can’t speculate guessing what the exact number is, but even if the newspapers’ report is true, how many cars we can expect to be found abandoned on the streets and open car parks around buildings in Dubai and the northern emirates, where mostly expats live?

It’s the right time to purchase car for less, as everything else going for less nowadays.

Seized cars end up as lots in an auction or on the floor of car showrooms. Golden Belt, an auction house based in Al Aweer, Dubai, holds car auctions every week where many cars taken back by banks are sold off. Among them are expensive sports cars such as Porsches and BMWs.

You have no idea....

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/be0dd0b2-e2fd-11...?nclick_check=1

UBS, the Swiss wealth manager, said on Wednesday that Dubai’s population could contract 8 per cent this year as cancelled projects cause a mass of layoffs in the construction and real estate sectors, which account for more than half the emirate’s populace.

“We estimate this may result in a residential oversupply of 27 per cent of the current market by 2010, thereby incrementally pressuring home prices,” UBS said in a report.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/066591c0-b0df-11...00779fd18c.html

• 1 month later...
Speaking of abandoned cars... 3000 abandoned cars said to be left at Dubai airport! :icon_eek: Are things really this bad in Dubai now?

wow...i was alwasy under the impression that Dubai had oil, but that they were almost out and the reason they were building everything up was so they could rely on a tourist industry when they oil was gone. Apparenlty not, hate to see what is going to happen with that place....

wow...i was alwasy under the impression that Dubai had oil, but that they were almost out and the reason they were building everything up was so they could rely on a tourist industry when they oil was gone. Apparenlty not, hate to see what is going to happen with that place....

Well it's sad to say, but both oil and traveling are down right now. So their backup plan takes a hit in this market... but there really isn't anything safe right now.

Dubai will be/is getting bailed out by Abu Dhabi.

:iamwithstupid:

That is where the real wealth is. Things are bad in Dubai, i will have to agree. But not as bad as portrayed in the media. 3000 cars is nothing. There are millions of foreigners working there. On the other hand the last thing americans should worry about is Dubai :)

That is where the real wealth is. Things are bad in Dubai, i will have to agree. But not as bad as portrayed in the media. 3000 cars is nothing. There are millions of foreigners working there. On the other hand the last thing americans should worry about is Dubai :)

what a crazy time in our lives.

Dubai will be/is getting bailed out by Abu Dhabi.

The thing with dubai is that the properties rocketed sky high in prices to they have fallen much harder.

On the other hand the last thing americans should worry about is Dubai :)

The thing with dubai is that the properties rocketed sky high in prices to they have fallen much harder.

That's what you think. Dubai is in as much trouble as the rest of the world.

Guys there's already a thread on it...Started this week.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38507

Seriously, if it is.. as you think.. I had rented a flatbed and picked that car up.