we all frown on fake lambos.. BUT props to this guy!

subgraphic

No doubt the guy has skill, but I don't think anyone should

tell him about the current values. It would be shocking to find out

how much time and energy you just wasted.

I doubt he cares about the money. Everyone needs a hobby right? Are your hobbies that productive?

Question is how did he get the engine down there since the basement was closed off :eusa_think:

In pieces, and probably a helper.

I doubt he cares about the money. Everyone needs a hobby right? Are your hobbies that productive?

In pieces, and probably a helper.

Yes, I think my hobbies are as productive. Especially since one of them

is keeping an Authentic Countach in top shape and menacing the roads.

Glorified kitcar made by him.

Great work BUT should've made his own design not someone elses.

• 1 month later...

Great work, really, hats down. Is it worth it? For the owner it for sure is...

I wish he would have restored a neglected one instead.. He better hope

Lamborghini doesn't sue him. It seems whenever a manufacturer goes after

a replica builder they always win (and the car gets destroyed) Doh

A complete waste of money, time, and skills.

The contraption is not authentic. It is not a Countach. It will fool most people, who do not know the difference.

He would have done much better financially, if he purchased a non-running project Miura, Lusso, or 275 GTB etc... and fixed it up.

He lost tens of thousands of dollars ++++

I wish he would have restored a neglected one instead.. He better hope

Lamborghini doesn't sue him. It seems whenever a manufacturer goes after

a replica builder they always win (and the car gets destroyed) Doh

A complete waste of money, time, and skills.

The contraption is not authentic. It is not a Countach. It will fool most people, who do not know the difference.

He would have done much better financially, if he purchased a non-running project Miura, Lusso, or 275 GTB etc... and fixed it up.

He lost tens of thousands of dollars ++++

i have to agree with both....

if he loved the shape and wanted a better performing why not get a really bad one, with may be some missing parts

make a custom-resto, may be upgrading the weacks point of the car: bracking, adding more power, ecc...

it would have been a nice project, still a real one and still better than this imo

That is awesome! What a great story. Great job too!

Agree with the guy or not, that certainly is not a "kit" I give the guy props, he spent a ton of money and yes could have bought one. I don't think it would have been the same for him, it was a passion for building something with his own hands. I am sure he won't ever part with it, I know I wouldn't.

Like them or not kudos to him.

It is incredible that some people actually assume, they understand the builders entire concept/theme behind this copycat contraption, that goes beyond the typical "boxed" kit, that comes with optional original Lamborghini emblems. Perhaps he was going to finish out the interior, in GM's Silverado edition, that comes with handy cup holders, that can be used for your Skoal cup ?

In some cases, a few people even assume, it is automatically a better car than the Countach. I am sure it has some better traits, than a low production special car, that was originally designed by a small company in the early 1970's. The back rear view window, is much larger than the original Saint Gobain glass. That is certainly an improvement. A replica builder, of a 1965 Mustang, can also make some changes, to improve that car.

It would be premature to talk about the mechanical improvements or lack of, without a professional test. Is the entire suspension, tuned by an engineering team ? What about improvements and changes ? How is the weight distribution ? on and on.

Hmmm....a few months ago Roman was very inquisitive about welding....could this have been his doing? :icon_mrgreen:

However, yes its a Kit Car, but the welds look pretty impressive.

Ha.... I tried..... But this is as close as I got..... Some of the angles just dont look right yet....

1968.74.a.jpg

• 4 years later...

I love the way he refers to the car as a Lamborghini. It is not, and besides the body which looks pretty good, the interior is disgusting, the engine compartment is a mess with pipes all over the place. Whoever buys it is a tool , especially for 75k+.