Go watch "SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE" movie

rakjoe

By your logic Chinese movies should be winning Oscars from now on.

Ever hear of Bollywood? It's a real industry over there.

Giving S.M. the awards now is just a one time deal anyways....no need to have Bollywood win all the Academy Awards.

And I stand by my PC comment as well....it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, but these "run away oscars" are typical and quite political, IMO.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, the total domination has more to do with ULTERIOR MOTIVES than it being the only worthy movie around....

By rewarding Slumdog, the US film industry is probably looking to get more of our movies shown in India. Some kind of business opportunity has to be driving this.

Either that or a pathetic need to be "politically correct".

LOL, you don't have a clue. This is:

1. not a bollywood film, but rather a British film is you have to characterize it.

2. Bollywood now owns part of the Hollywood film industry.

3. I saw all of the contenders except for Frost/Nixon and the only one that was close this year was Benjamin Button.

we are in Disneyland today and we saw two of the child actors here along with their families getting the VIP treatment. Pretty cool. And it was a great flick and the awards and accolades are well deserved IMHO.

LOL, you don't have a clue. This is:

1. not a bollywood film, but rather a British film is you have to characterize it.

2. Bollywood now owns part of the Hollywood film industry.

3. I saw all of the contenders except for Frost/Nixon and the only one that was close this year was Benjamin Button.

I never said it was a bollywood film....I ventured a guess that this was done to appeal/acknowledge the Bollywood industry (read carefully). BTW, the dance at the end is 10000% Bollywood....;)

And I wasn't against it winning Best film or best director (or hell maybe both), but I hate when *any* film winds up winning in nearly every single category.

I really liked the movie despite all this criticism I've levied upon it. I'm just more in agreement with those who say it was a very good/great movie, not those who think it's top 5 of all time.

I didn't think much of Button, they really should have pulled far more from the premise. I've seen Frost/Nixon - good film, but at the end of the day it's still just an account of an interview. Not really compelling enough to be film of the year material.

I haven't seen any of the other nominees, but I thought Gran Torino, The Wrestler, The Dark Knight, In Bruges and Thank You For Smoking were far better than the two I did see.

• 7 months later...

Well... It only took me 7 months....

Finally saw it....

Excellent film.

Well... It only took me 7 months....

Finally saw it....

Excellent film.

:icon_mrgreen: same here, saw it a few weeks ago...really really good movie.

Still haven't seen it. Not really inclined to want to see it. Not a big Bollywood fan.

My friend dragged me because she really wanted to see it. I'm the same as you, I'm not one for Bollywood, but it's not so much as Bollywood as it is in normal movies. It's pretty toned down compared to some of the other stuff out there...still the love story and stupid violence, but it's not as bad.

And there's less dance sequences than the usual movie.

My friend dragged me because she really wanted to see it. I'm the same as you, I'm not one for Bollywood, but it's not so much as Bollywood as it is in normal movies. It's pretty toned down compared to some of the other stuff out there...still the love story and stupid violence, but it's not as bad.

And there's less dance sequences than the usual movie.

I think the only dance sequence was at the end credits? Which seemed freakin' hilarious to me....

I will give ou the violence at the end is stupid....

But the LOVE STORY, IS THE fcuking FILM!!! Its the only reason to see it!!!

Its boy meets girl, boy loses girl, Boy wins Who want to be a millionaire and everybody dances at the end!

I think the only dance sequence was at the end credits? Which seemed freakin' hilarious to me....

I will give ou the violence at the end is stupid....

But the LOVE STORY, IS THE fcuking FILM!!! Its the only reason to see it!!!

Its boy meets girl, boy loses girl, Boy wins Who want to be a millionaire and everybody dances at the end!

I think there's one when they're kids too, no? Either way, 1 is a LOT less than the usual one. I went to the local train station here with a friend and tried the dance sequence...no one joined us and we got a bunch of weird looks before we got kicked out....i don't get it. Maybe I need to go to India I guess.

Lol! You forgot that brother sleeps with girl and mob boss marries girl. It's the most interesting part!

I think there's one when they're kids too, no? Either way, 1 is a LOT less than the usual one. I went to the local train station here with a friend and tried the dance sequence...no one joined us and we got a bunch of weird looks before we got kicked out....i don't get it. Maybe I need to go to India I guess.

Thats always the problem with musicals..... They require the suspension of disbelief, to accept that when people break out in song and dance in public, others join in, rather than calling the police to take them away in soft restraints.....

saw this last night with my fiance, excellent movie!