Highway Patrol Stops Ambulance With Patient?

sprite

Im surprised he didnt get his ass beat. I dont know what I would do in this situation if I was part of the family of the patient. But you can bet your ass I would highly consider trying to beat his ass if it was my mother in the ambulance with a life treating condition.

If ANY of my immediate family members were in a life threatening situation, they would have had to put the cop or me in the back of the ambulance with my family member at the end of it. Imagine how bad it would be for the cop if the person in the back had a heart attack and died because of the misuse of force while they waited. :eusa_wall:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the cop got pissed and put a patients life in danger because his pride was bruised by the ambulence driver "supposedly" flicking him off?! I've taken a ride in an abulance before, and I know for a fact they didnt have the lights on, on my trip to a nice little overnight in the hospital. But they do their best to get you there efficiently and will flash the lights and sirens breifly when approaching traffic. Gist of the story, if he wants to be by the book, pull the ambulence over, and as soon as you see a patient in there, get back in your car and get him to the hospital ASAP. No excuses.....

I don't care what the law says about yielding to another emergency vehicle, ambulances and fire trucks should be left alone, sirens or no sirens.

The discipline for cops acting out of line needs to be a lot higher if we're ever to get any improvement in this area.

For once I can honestly say I wish they would have beat that trooper down.

Talk about a guy who was spoiled by mommy and hated by daddy. If the patient was

my wife, I'd be in jail and he'd be in an ambulance of his own.

Talk about a guy who was spoiled by mommy and hated by daddy. If the patient was

:iamwithstupid:

I don't think the cop was very bright and I bet there was a gesture by the EMT, but it was probably a wave or something similar.

The cop should've though "why wouldn't that ambulance pull over?"....then, if he had half a brain he would answer himself by thinking "maybe someone was inside".

The EMT would've most likely pulled over if he was empty, as they are both emergency service providers and would most likely show professional courtesy in the situation.

The cop went overboard. When he pulled over the van, he should've asked:

cop - "why didn't you pull over"

emt - "we have a patient with chest pains in the back"

cop - "oh, ok. I will lead you to the hospital. But next time put your siren on so I know better"

emt - "yeah sorry, we had it off as we didn't want to aggrevate the patients condition"

cop - "oh yeah, no problem. Lets go"

Then go from there.

Have to ask how long does it take to yield to a police car? 20 seconds?

Its clear the patient needed to go to the hospital but it wasn't serious enough for lights or sirens so why not take the 20 seconds.

That 20 seconds could have caused a victim at the address the officer was heading toward to lose their life.

everything is easier to review in hindsight.

Its clear the patient needed to go to the hospital but it wasn't serious enough for lights or sirens so why not take the 20 seconds.

That 20 seconds could have caused a victim at the address the officer was heading toward to lose their life.

It cost them 0 seconds as the cop went around them at the same speed.

If you look at the road they were on, the shoulder looks pretty rough. This would be pretty hard on the patient IMO.

:iamwithstupid:

i was waiting for that big dude to beat the sh*t outta the cop..but he was too cool..

Most cops, firemen & emt's are lax on each other. You never know when shit will hit the fan and one of these guys will save you. This cop is the worst I have seen. For his little tirade, he is going to catch some serious problems.

what has gone wrong with people? Must be all the pinging, myspace, facebook,and tweeting.

We just no longer no how to relate with one another normally.

If you look at the road they were on, the shoulder looks pretty rough. This would be pretty hard on the patient IMO.

mybad I didnt see the part where the cop passes only the section where he pulled them over.

If its a none life threatening situation the ambulance will (should) drive like any other normal car on the road. Thats been my experience with working in them for school. If it requires running code then they will (should) use full lights and sirens, and use BOTH and not just one or the other. A little patient discomfort and noise is not going to do any harm should the situation require running hot.

The main issue here is a microscopic penis. The officer(s) were totaly out of line and the big dude should have laid his ass out, and I have no doubt that the EMT would have won that battle. Not to mention the dukes of hazard passing of the ambulance on the wrong side of the road at speed. If he wanted to get a little infor or find out what was going on he has a fcuking radio that he can at least get a hold of dispatch with if he can't get a hold of that ambulance. If I was that family I would be finding a lawyer and go new home shopping all in the same day. What a fcuk up excuse for a law enforcement officer.

• 3 months later...

If this is true it will be interesting.