Murcielago vs Murci roadster

Assman

Sitting in my relatively speaking shitty Lotus Elise in the UK I heard people say how they would love to put a knife through the roof - I was near by.

Vandalism on nice property is high.

The weird thing is I know what I would consider perfectly normal people who can behave in a nasty envious manner - it pervades every area of British culture. Success is despised unless you won it on the Lotto.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting in my relatively speaking shitty Lotus Elise in the UK I heard people say how they would love to put a knife through the roof - I was near by.

Vandalism on nice property is high.

The weird thing is I know what I would consider perfectly normal people who can behave in a nasty envious manner - it pervades every area of British culture. Success is despised unless you won it on the Lotto.

So much for hard work and taking risks .

These vandals are probably lethargic losers supported by our hard earned tax dollars .

Roadster all the way. Driving a diablo or murci in the rain is always a mistake anyway, coupe or roadster. As far as securing it there are two ways, first the facotry top or second the canvas quicky top that prestige used to sell. Roadster opens up a whole new dimension, I've had enough of feeling like I'm driving from inside a cave!

Guys must remember....

The roadster aesthetics are more than simply an open roof....but the nice complex lines behind it tapering down the flying buttresses.

If you cut a hole on the top of a coupe it still wouldn't look the same.

Roadster all the way for me!

Once you get to experience the feeling of going down the street, with that wonderful V-12 sounding off just inches behind you, that feeling is truly PRICELESS!! A coupe will never give you the same feel going down the street.

With that said, the two cars (Roadster and coupe) are very different "feeling" cars IMO. But, you can't go wrong with either.

WOW...I'm likeing this set up allot. Not 100% sure about the overhead windows...but there're not a deal breaker for sure...Tell me more!

the over head windows do look a little fussy, aside from that it looks good

@ all

As posted, it is a prototype.

Most probably the overhead windows will not be implemented. Will also reduce costs.

Unfortunately it is not storable, neither in the front, nor does it have a possibility to hook it on the engine lid, like the Diablo Roadster did.

The system is more or less comparable to the Bugatti Gran Sport. You have the hardtop, if you want a "Coupe" and for emergency cases you still have the soft top.

Next week I will go to Germany to do some "high speed tests" :icon_mrgreen:

Will keep you informed about the process

Appricate your feedback, and especially that you like the look :icon_thumleft:

I can't help but think there are two different objectives with these lids...This example caters to a high end top that can be installed and left on....Something this big isn't a practical solution to the need I would have - I also suspect most just want to get something up quick to get out of the bad weather...The lid I'm waiting for is the one for emergencies....fits in the trunk, attaches in 2 minutes or less and gets me home or keeps the interior dry until out of the bad weather...

If you really love the Murcie and want to drive it all the time you need the coupe the open car is very limiting in its use. If you only want to drive it on special occasions then the open car.

Driving a car that has a similar problem with roofs (Viper RT/10), I have dealt with this same issue. Although unlike the Murci, the Viper Roadster DOES have a hardtop roof that can be fitted in place, it (like the Murci) is overall an incredible PITA. It cuts your headroom by about 3 inches, is very difficult to get seated 100% perfect and will loosen up and rattle your teeth easily, and the car does not look nearly as good with it on. When it is off, your interior is wide open of course so storing ANYTHING of value in the interior is a bad idea. Also, because it is impossible to store both the roof and windows (yes, the early vipers had one-piece removable windows that can only be stored in the trunk) in the car at the sametime, I am always hesitant to take the car out if the weather looks iffy in ANY way, I may need to stop somewhere, etc.). I dont know how many times I have been in the car when a NJ thunderstorm flares up suddenly, and I find myself WISHING i had a simple button to lower that power roof into place like the newer cars (rather then my panic on the side of the road as I try to get the roof in place tightening allen bolts like a madman).

Now...that being said... :)

There is NOTHING like the open air feeling of a fast roadster when you just want to cruise and enjoy yourself. When the weather is nice and the roof is off my car, it is truly my little slice of heaven on earth. :) That feeling alone might make put up with the BS and inconvenience of not having a power roof (or "good" roof at all in the Murcie roadster case). It is just awesome to roll on the throttle of a powerful car with the top down, and hear that symphony exhaust note!

In the end, its all about whether or not YOU can deal with that hassle though (whether or not this will be your only exotic is a factor to consider too). In the Murcies case (and given the area that I live in), I "might" consider a Murcie coupe over a roadster, only because the security issues above and the "peace of mind" element are worth alot to me now. As Mike said though, with the low roofline and small side windows of most exotic cars, it definitely gets old feeling like you are driving from the inside of a cave. :lol2:

Good luck in whatever you decide!! :)

i dont know about that one . did you see this "The cover is not intended to be waterproof or to be used when driving"

Doesnt even look like you can open the doors with that one!

Driving a car that has a similar problem with roofs (Viper RT/10), I have dealt with this same issue. Although unlike the Murci, the Viper Roadster DOES have a hardtop roof that can be fitted in place, it (like the Murci) is overall an incredible PITA. It cuts your headroom by about 3 inches, is very difficult to get seated 100% perfect and will loosen up and rattle your teeth easily, and the car does not look nearly as good with it on. When it is off, your interior is wide open of course so storing ANYTHING of value in the interior is a bad idea. Also, because it is impossible to store both the roof and windows (yes, the early vipers had one-piece removable windows that can only be stored in the trunk) in the car at the sametime, I am always hesitant to take the car out if the weather looks iffy in ANY way, I may need to stop somewhere, etc.). I dont know how many times I have been in the car when a NJ thunderstorm flares up suddenly, and I find myself WISHING i had a simple button to lower that power roof into place like the newer cars (rather then my panic on the side of the road as I try to get the roof in place tightening allen bolts like a madman).

Now...that being said... :)

There is NOTHING like the open air feeling of a fast roadster when you just want to cruise and enjoy yourself. When the weather is nice and the roof is off my car, it is truly my little slice of heaven on earth. :) That feeling alone might make put up with the BS and inconvenience of not having a power roof (or "good" roof at all in the Murcie roadster case). It is just awesome to roll on the throttle of a powerful car with the top down, and hear that symphony exhaust note!

In the end, its all about whether or not YOU can deal with that hassle though (whether or not this will be your only exotic is a factor to consider too). In the Murcies case (and given the area that I live in), I "might" consider a Murcie coupe over a roadster, only because the security issues above and the "peace of mind" element are worth alot to me now. As Mike said though, with the low roofline and small side windows of most exotic cars, it definitely gets old feeling like you are driving from the inside of a cave. :lol2:

Good luck in whatever you decide!! :)

Glad you are enjoying my old car :)

Glad you are enjoying my old car :)

Sprite,

I have enjoyed it every time it comes out of the garage buddy. :) Hard to believe its coming up on a year already. Car runs like a top and turns heads everywhere. :)

I still owe ya a drink someday! :icon_super:

Roadster all the way. Driving a diablo or murci in the rain is always a mistake anyway, coupe or roadster. As far as securing it there are two ways, first the facotry top or second the canvas quicky top that prestige used to sell. Roadster opens up a whole new dimension, I've had enough of feeling like I'm driving from inside a cave!

Anyone knows who still sells this canvas top mentioned?

Looks like a good possible temporary solution for a roadster top?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAMBORGHINI...sQ5fAccessories

My guess is that a time when this will be used is getting caught in the rain... With the way its designed, it looks like it will pool water. So, when it stops raining and you need to go, what do you do to take it off without dumping all the water into the interior?