Lambo Factory on National Geographic

ts640

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool show. Shows all the steps thru the production line to building the SV. Very nice to see Valentino interviewed. Whole episode really does Lamborghini justice, and reminds me, even more - why I must eventually own one!

I did get kinda upset when they kept showing the crash test Rosso Vik M over and over....Couldn't they have just picked a primer painted car instead of MY color?

:iamwithstupid: IMO one of the best "Ultimate Factory" shows.

If I didn't already own a Lambo..I'd go buy one after watching this show.

fcuk it. Go buy another one

:icon_thumleft:

Have you been driving someone's SLR lately or something?

:eusa_shhh:

Nice to see Lambo finally pulled their heads out of there asses and are finally shipping their cars with BLACK WHEELS..I know this will make you soooooooo happy :) :)

:icon_thumleft:

:lol2: Yes, yes I am very happy :icon_mrgreen:

But what can I say, black wheels look great, not only on the SV but a very tastefully modded G-Spyder. :icon_thumleft:

Visiting the factory can really change your opinion of the company. I thought I was a Lambo nut, but going there allows for a new, more personal dimension of the company open up. Everyone there is courteous, professional, they love what they do (who wouldn't, there are so many gorgeous women and wonderful toys there I almost fainted) but they really love to see other people enjoy the brand.I really recommend a trip there.

I keep missing the damn show. I caught the tail end last night.

What I found to be really amazing is how antiquated the building process is. You can now see why the SV and 640 are so expensive. That type of building process is the last of its kind. You will not be seeing cars hand built like this on a production level again. SV and 640 owners should really appreciate this. That painting process, is something you might find in a super high end body or hot rod shop. Not in a factory. Incredibly time consuming. These cars will be the last their kind.

Definitely makes you want one more.

What I found to be really amazing is how antiquated the building process is. You can now see why the SV and 640 are so expensive. That type of building process is the last of its kind. You will not be seeing cars hand built like this on a production level again. SV and 640 owners should really appreciate this. That painting process, is something you might find in a super high end body or hot rod shop. Not in a factory. Incredibly time consuming. These cars will be the last their kind.

Agree, very impressive just how labor intensive those cars are.

agreed 110%, not even ferrari build cars like this anymore, their manufacturing process is nearly as automated as any other modern car factory, just on a smaller scale.

The only thing that has me baffled is, does Lamborghini actually make any of thier own components? (apart from the leather upholstery), Ive been told they dont even manufacture their own bodies/chassis.

When watching the Ferrari equivilant, they showed you casting the engine, machining the parts, pressing body panels..etc, but their was none of that in this video, and the one "manufacturing" process done in this video was the painting, which was done by a sub-contractor.

Loved it! Thanks for sharing!

For all the enthusiast on here, I just say one thing - visit the factory! You'll never forget it!

I've been there and I was very happy about the visit, the people working at the facility were all very nice and made me feel welcomed. It didn't even matter to them that I wasn't anywhere close to buying one(for now), I still got treated as a fellow enthusiast.

Hopefully I can come back when it's my time to pick up my car.

post-9312-1254616767_thumb.jpg

post-9312-1254616862_thumb.jpg

agreed 110%, not even ferrari build cars like this anymore, their manufacturing process is nearly as automated as any other modern car factory, just on a smaller scale.

The only thing that has me baffled is, does Lamborghini actually make any of thier own components? (apart from the leather upholstery), Ive been told they dont even manufacture their own bodies/chassis.

When watching the Ferrari equivilant, they showed you casting the engine, machining the parts, pressing body panels..etc, but their was none of that in this video, and the one "manufacturing" process done in this video was the painting, which was done by a sub-contractor.

If I remember on the lambo edition of Rides they were making the body of the car there. dont remember the engine.