Acrua NSX vrs Lotus Esprit

Pantera

TTony

That video clip you posted means absolutely nothing.At any one time on track you will be in front or behind some cars.If you are tying to make a point you need to post at least a full lap and then you will see who does what.

Until then.................................

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys can we quit with the unimportant nonsense?

We are wasting Allans time here.

If you keep harassing him here, we wont see any more

"OMG THE LOTUS IS ON THE TRUCK!"

"OMG HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"OMG DID I MENTION THE LOTUS IS ON THE TRUCK?"

"OMG THE LOTUS IS AT SP!"

"OMG THE SAME PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"GUYS TOMORROW I WILL HAVE NEW PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"OMG NEW PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"SHOOT, NEVER MIND, THESE ARE THE SAME OLD PICTURES!"

"OMG DID I JUST BUY A LOTUS?"

"OMG YES I BOUGHT A LOTUS!"

"OMG LOTUS HAS SEATS!"

"OMG LOTUS NEEDS NEW SEATS!"

"OMG I WILL BE TEH FASTEST EVAR IN THE LOTUS!"

NSX= No Sex

:wack :wack :wack lhump lhump lhump

What are you 12? Just another corrola driving dipship. Does your mommy know you frequent sites like this? :finga:

My mommy said it's ok for me to be here and my dady said he will buy me NSX when I Grow up.

The other day my cousin mike went to the drag strip with his Firebird and he told me nobody was faster then him so now I think to ask my dady to buy me a Firebird, I don't want NSX no more because you guys are not nice to me and my cousin's Mike Camero is faster.

I also think Lamborgigi is faster car then nosex. :cb :cb

DUDE PANTERA HIJACKED RAKJOES USERNAME!!!!!!!!!

Guys can we quit with the unimportant nonsense?

We are wasting Allans time here.

If you keep harassing him here, we wont see any more

"OMG THE LOTUS IS ON THE TRUCK!"

"OMG HERE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"OMG DID I MENTION THE LOTUS IS ON THE TRUCK?"

"OMG THE LOTUS IS AT SP!"

"OMG THE SAME PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"GUYS TOMORROW I WILL HAVE NEW PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"OMG NEW PICTURES OF THE LOTUS!"

"SHOOT, NEVER MIND, THESE ARE THE SAME OLD PICTURES!"

"OMG DID I JUST BUY A LOTUS?"

"OMG YES I BOUGHT A LOTUS!"

"OMG LOTUS HAS SEATS!"

"OMG LOTUS NEEDS NEW SEATS!"

"OMG I WILL BE TEH FASTEST EVAR IN THE LOTUS!"

You forgot." OMG i smoked a supercharged NSX"

And that brings something up, one of the reasons i was banned from Prime, was because Mark Basch was a sponsor there, and i said his supercharger kit was a POS. After all the blown Nsx motors, how those guys doing? :lol: :lol:

Net viper , I too have owned a couple of Lotus car's and in all fairness the 89 that is in your hometown is a very archaic car. It is a weird car to learn to drive and unless you have spent countless hours in the drivers seat it would be impossible to get the feel for what the car can do. It is very underpowered and fights itself if the RPM's are not kept up. The car handles great but with the short power curve its fights itself unless it is driven to the brink. Although when you figure this car out it can be a blast on a winding road. My personal car that I owned for about 4 years was an 88 esprit and I have driven the 89 and they are mirror drivers of each other. The gear box has a "real find and fall " feel to it and it takes a while to master its feel. The V 8 car is apples and oranges compared to the early cars. I have no track experience at all but I have many miles logged in the drivers seat. The V 8 car has unreal power and is way above the early and last generation 4 cylinder cars. Although the last S4S cars were a lot better but the V8 car is truly a defined car when compared to the early car's. I think if you would have driven one your outlook would be a lot higher towards them.

First off i don't know you and second i didnt hijack no ones username. He was on ferrari chat longer than i was and he didnt use my username there. Besides i like RAKJOEs user name as is and i like my name the was it is. He hasnt Complaned to me talking about i stole his username so as far as im concered i didnt hijack shit and its all good and were cool. If anything it belongs to my favorite Music band.

So before you come telling people that i hijacked someones name i suggest you look around and take a look at the posts before you open your mouth.

Oh boy now i started a war between NSXprime and L/P. :lol: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Now this is more like it, we haven't had an NSX-related knuckle dragger in ages.

First, rakjoe's "NSX = No Sex" was the greatest three word diss line I've ever seen about the car, in YEARS of reading about and owning it. LOL, that was great man, I will use that constantly from now on :prayer: :)

Alright with that out of the way, here's how it is:

The NSX to me is Mike Tyson.

I say this because the car, like old Mikey, was the baddest car on the planet for $65k 13 or 14 years ago. Tons of good press, all the accolades, etc, etc, car magazine wags fawning all over it, etc. That was the zenith. The apex. The summit.

Now, today, the NSX is like Iron Mike as well, because while it looks the part, and sounds the part, it is so far removed from the top of the hill of the automotive pyramid that it is laughable by those in the know. Just like Tyson himself is a shell of the champion he once was, but still lingers well past his prime. He, and the NSX, serve as nostalgic reminders of days long past.

A base C6 destroys and NSX. Base econobox rental-car level junk sedans like the EVO/STi equal it. Base 997 Carreras obliterate it. Even the equally ancient Lotus Esprit leaves it behind like yesterday's news.

The NSX turns heads, especially if it's lowered and is sporting aftermarket wheels. But only because neophytes think it's a Ferrari. Explain what it really is, and the pedestrians say "Well I don't know, that new Corvette sure looks good!". I don't think F355 owners ever hear that, lol. No rube would ever utter the word "Corvette" after the word "Ferrari" came out of your mouth.

The NSX is extraordinary in its ruthless reliability. They rarely fail, and while not cheap to repair in the least (common misconception) they need little major service below 100k miles when things like timing belts and clutches begin to go. Otherwise it's just like an Integra, or any other Honda. The NSX is also great for practical reasons because believe it or not, the large trunk comes in handy. It's a great daily driver.

But compared to the state of the art, say a Gallardo, or even a similarly-priced 997, the NSX is severely lacking in all metrics that matter. Even its supposedly great creature comforts no longer measure up: Auto down one-touch passenger window? No. Heated seats? No. In-dash or in-glovebox CD deck? No. DVD navigation system? No. Dual zone climate control? No.

It was great in its day, and I'll never sell mine ('99 3.2L six-speed) because it represents a period in my life that I want to remember long into the future. I'll keep it because I'm sentimental, not because it's such a memorable car.

Recently in an interview, Mike Tyson said in answer to a question about what he's up to lately that he's "just tryin' to get laid man, same old same old. Except now it's a lot harder".

NSX = No Sex.

Very good post Mako.Comparing NSX to old Mike was spot on :thumb .NoSeX :D/

NSX= No Sex

:wack :wack :wack lhump lhump lhump

What are you 12? Just another corrola driving dipship. Does your mommy know you frequent sites like this? :finga:

My mommy said it's ok for me to be here and my dady said he will buy me NSX when I Grow up.

The other day my cousin mike went to the drag strip with his Firebird and he told me nobody was faster then him so now I think to ask my dady to buy me a Firebird, I don't want NSX no more because you guys are not nice to me and my cousin's Mike Camero is faster.

I also think Lamborgigi is faster car then nosex. :cb :cb

Pantera, what's wrong with you ? let go off my username. :axe:

I let you use my password only for adultcheck. com remember ?. :wack

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello Allen,

Just for the record, I met up with Lew 3 years ago and he gave me a ride in his X180-R. Let's just say Lew's car is a FULL SCALE RACE CAR! It's been so modded that it's faster than anything I have been in for a street legal car. And you know what, it will blow the doors off of my Lotus Sport 350 even with my upgrades and the turbos running out 15psi for me.

However, if you compare a "stock" Lotus to a "stock" NSX, I have to say you are right on. Lotus wins anyday and everyday.

I know cause I had both a NSX and Lotus Esrpit at one point. So, I often hang out with the NSX club guys with my Lotus and they are no match for my car.

Now this is more like it, we haven't had an NSX-related knuckle dragger in ages.

First, rakjoe's "NSX = No Sex" was the greatest three word diss line I've ever seen about the car, in YEARS of reading about and owning it. LOL, that was great man, I will use that constantly from now on  :prayer: :)  

Alright with that out of the way, here's how it is:

The NSX to me is Mike Tyson.

I say this because the car, like old Mikey, was the baddest car on the planet for $65k 13 or 14 years ago. Tons of good press, all the accolades, etc, etc, car magazine wags fawning all over it, etc. That was the zenith. The apex. The summit.

Now, today, the NSX is like Iron Mike as well, because while it looks the part, and sounds the part, it is so far removed from the top of the hill of the automotive pyramid that it is laughable by those in the know. Just like Tyson himself is a shell of the champion he once was, but still lingers well past his prime.  He, and the NSX, serve as nostalgic reminders of days long past.  

A base C6 destroys and NSX. Base econobox rental-car level junk sedans like the EVO/STi equal it. Base 997 Carreras obliterate it. Even the equally ancient Lotus Esprit leaves it behind like yesterday's news.

The NSX turns heads, especially if it's lowered and is sporting aftermarket wheels. But only because neophytes think it's a Ferrari. Explain what it really is, and the pedestrians say "Well I don't know, that new POS sure looks good!". I don't think F355 owners ever hear that, lol.  No rube would ever utter the word "POS" after the word "Ferrari" came out of your mouth.

The NSX is extraordinary in its ruthless reliability. They rarely fail, and while not cheap to repair in the least (common misconception) they need little major service below 100k miles when things like timing belts and clutches begin to go. Otherwise it's just like an Integra, or any other Honda.  The NSX is also great for practical reasons because believe it or not, the large trunk comes in handy. It's a great daily driver.

But compared to the state of the art, say a Gallardo, or even a similarly-priced 997, the NSX is severely lacking in all metrics that matter. Even its supposedly great creature comforts no longer measure up: Auto down one-touch passenger window? No. Heated seats? No. In-dash or in-glovebox CD deck? No. DVD navigation system? No. Dual zone climate control? No.  

It was great in its day, and I'll never sell mine ('99 3.2L six-speed) because it represents a period in my life that I want to remember long into the future. I'll keep it because I'm sentimental, not because it's such a memorable car.  

Recently in an interview, Mike Tyson said in answer to a question about what he's up to lately that he's "just tryin' to get laid man, same old same old. Except now it's a lot harder".

NSX = No Sex.

Awesome post Mako. Some very good points made.

NSX=No Sex: Anyone who buys a car for women has a little dick complex. :P

And Allan banning the NSX guys for challenging his track racing ability claims doesn't hold water. He could have locked the thread, but he didn't. He chose to escalate by talking trash, where he could have said "we agree to disagree." If a forum is to be a one sided, my opinion always rules argument, why do people participate? Once again, Allan showed what he's made of, nothing of character.

I normaly wouldnt speak for allan but i think its kind of funny how he leaves a vaction and you bring this up. Im really getting sick and tired of when allan leaves then people take full advantage rather than being straight forward about it. :axe: the last time Allan left Pakisho a Plastic mess-06 guy comes here and talks about how his SV is a bunch of bullshit and now this.

I see it like this there was many times where i know i should have been banned but i know when and when not to cross the line, those people where banned for a reason. My opinon about those people getting banned is "Its just business" kind of deal so your going to have either read through the tread and see why or send allan a PM and ask why they were banned. Its just that simple if you want to bring the Honda Civic guys then do so.

Just my 02$

• 3 months later...

I just joined this lambo-power chat room tonite. Looking through the old threads and found this. What a bullshit thread. Netviper and Allan-lambo both need to get a life. The piece of shit 89 Esprit SE belongs to me. Allan-lambo I can't quite figure out, but seems to have some real world experience with exotics. Netviper on the other hand is nothing more than full of crap, with very little experience. I guess my lotus was a piece of shit because it wasn't easy enough to drive unlike a Honda. When he drove the car he could not even get it into 2nd gear. Many people have driven the car. I toss the keys all the time. Everyone loves it. He is the ONLY person who had any trouble. Hate to see him get behind the wheel of something hard to drive like a Countach. If all you two care about is who is the fastest you guys miss the point of these cars completely. I have had many Ferraris, Porsches, Other lotus's and currently own one of each at this moment. The bottom line is this: The 89 esprit SE will rip the shit out of a lot of cars out there. I have done it. The also don't break down. Mine has been very reliable. Unlike netvipers new NSX with blew up, 1 week after he got it. I don't know what Esprit netviper was racing at the track in savannah, it wasn't me. My esprit has never been on Roebling. I was the Comptroller for the track for 7 years. My 914 and my Formula Mazda are the only 2 cars that get track time. By the way do either of you two have an SCCA Competition License? Didn't think so.

Kudos on the "Great First Post Comment".

Well, You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth, although I'll vouch for Allen, who although I've not met personally, has shown more than enough as to "Knowing what he's talk'n about!"

I have also driven an NSX and owned Porsches, Mercedes AMG, Bimmers, and then some... AND of course LOTUS Esprits. HANDS DOWN, the Esprit will ALWAYS take an NSX, unless the Esprit it moving with it's brakes clamped! I can personally attest to this... and BTW, I DO have an SCCA Competition license as well! (and also race a 1st gen Rx7 with a 13A engine).

Moreover, you can put ALL the factory options you want an old, new or even moded NSX, but keep in mind, Lotus offers only 3 factory options for the Esprit: Removeable Glass Roof, High-Torque ECU, and Red Race ECU. You pretty much buy the car governed without these items. By just throwing in the Race ECU, you're already pumping over 450 HP in a car with a curb weight of 3040 lbs. and some of the best handling on the planet!!

Wow, jfrazar so eloquently communicated the point of these cars. Good job man! :)

This driving "mastery" is something I subscribe to big time. It's a real cool thing to be able to drive a car to the limit, and utilize most of it's potential instead of wasting it.

Probably the best feeling is to outdrive a faster car on a track all due to skill!

I just joined this lambo-power chat room tonite.  Looking through the old threads and found this. What a bullshit thread.  Netviper and Allan-lambo both need to get a life.  The piece of shit 89 Esprit SE belongs to me.  Allan-lambo I can't quite figure out, but seems to have some real world experience with exotics.  Netviper on the other hand is nothing more than full of crap, with very little experience.  I guess my lotus was a piece of shit because it wasn't easy enough to drive unlike a Honda.  When he drove the car he could not even get it into 2nd gear.   Many people have driven the car.  I toss the keys all the time.  Everyone loves it. He is the ONLY person who had any trouble.  Hate to see him get behind the wheel of something hard to drive like a Countach.   If all you two care about is who is the fastest you guys miss the point of these cars completely.   I have had many Ferraris, Porsches, Other lotus's and currently own one of each at this moment.  The bottom line is this: The 89 esprit SE will rip the shit out of a lot of cars out there.  I have done it.   The also don't break down.  Mine has been very reliable. Unlike netvipers new NSX with blew up, 1 week after he got it. I don't know what Esprit netviper was racing at the track in savannah, it wasn't me.   My esprit has never been on Roebling.  I was the Comptroller for the track for 7 years.  My 914 and my Formula Mazda are the only 2 cars that get track time.   By the way do either of you two have an SCCA Competition License?  Didn't think so.

I smell Pancakes!

I smell Pancakes!

LOL! :lol: :lol:

Pantera I think that's the first time you actually made me laugh, so that improves your average to 1:2400. :)