Monterey Blue LP670 SV

Nath4N

We will be doing a photo shoot in the Seattle area with at least four possibly five SVs in the coming weeks. The other two colors are yellow and white (Roy's other car). There may be a red one heading up here too. There is also talk of getting a lot of the SVs together at Monterey this year, but so far it's just talk.

We have a matte grey one here. Should track down the owner and invite him over with his car too, hah!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I likin it.

But as always you need to view it in person to truely appreciate the color on the car plus poor lighting have affected the shot.

I don't care for it. The contrast with the matte bits looks boring.

Have to admit it, Allan and Brian are correct on this one, and most here know Monterey Blue is a color I champion from every mountain top.

Just doesn't look right with the matte pieces. I thought sunlight would save it, but it's a mismatch.

Reminds me of Dad's Blu Caelum Gallardo with Miura Corse carbon add-ons, it just never seemed to match the car right.

I LOVE blue and carbon fibre; be it matte or gloss; but the problem, IMO, is the blue. It's just too pale.

I love Monterey Blue, but it needs a bit of yellow to set it off... That car with all the black bits just doesn't work. Paint the black parts blue, lose those ugly ridiculous black painted wheels (wheels are fine, but all black wheels look like shit!), add some yellow calipers and it might make a difference.

I love Monterey Blue, but it needs a bit of yellow to set it off... That car with all the black bits just doesn't work. Paint the black parts blue, lose those ugly ridiculous black painted wheels (wheels are fine, but all black wheels look like shit!), add some yellow calipers and it might make a difference.

:eusa_naughty: Black wheels ALWAYS look best.

Not ALL black. I like black wheels on some colors IF they have a polished lip, but those solid black wheels you can't even see look ridiculous.

I thought this car would be one of my favorites, i mean it looks ok to me, but really doesnt make my jaw drop like tommy's car did when I first saw it.

And I too agree with what Dave said....

Have to admit it, Allan and Brian are correct on this one, and most here know Monterey Blue is a color I champion from every mountain top.

Just doesn't look right with the matte pieces. I thought sunlight would save it, but it's a mismatch.

Reminds me of Dad's Blu Caelum Gallardo with Miura Corse carbon add-ons, it just never seemed to match the car right.

While i've never seen the color in person, the new pics look much better than the inside pics. Its still one of my favorite colors ever, but i have to agree. It does not fit the car well. Paint those parts gloss black and it might be better.

all blue would be sick!

on the other hand, "Dad's" Gallardo was one of the nicest early G's out there. I drooled over that car when i first saw the pics of it. I'd probably do mine like that if I had one.

disagree completely.

I've never seen a black rim I like more than the same rim in Gun Metal or Silver.

To each their own, but I've never liked the all black look. Black spokes with polished or chrome lips is a different story, but all black is meh to me. Not enough contrast between the rim and the tire.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have to agree...when I got the first phone camera pics, I thought HUM nice but I like my White with the Small Wing car #12 better.

After taking delivery of it in Cali this last weekend, it grew on me. IMO I am still not a big fan of the Big wing. I prefer the small wing like on my White SV. I have ordered a small wing to go with this car as well...and will probably change it out here this summer.

It is now back in Seattle. I am having the windows tinted, the side markers and rear tailights tinted as well as having the front headlight washer coevers painted body color....I am still up in the air about the big SV side...I also have the small SV decalls as well..just not sure which way to go..but it does look better in person..

One thing for sure....Allens TT-G KICKED my ass in two pulls on the run Sunday...that G is amazing!!

Oh bye the way..Hello all I am back...

Hope to have a good time just sharing info...

Long live Lambos..IN ALL colors..