Porsche 918 Spyder

Pokie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Porsche has really put their design to work. This looks great and at the same time new 911 sport classic is best looking 911 ever and new Boxter Spyrer is the first good looking boxter.

I read an interesting piece of trivia that Porsche "has never shown a concept car that didn't ultimately make it to production" so they may be more serious than we'd expect.

The real question is what would they charge for it?

Mako,

You are spot on with your comment before. :icon_super: How much do you think it will cost?

Mako,

You are spot on with your comment before. :icon_super: How much do you think it will cost?

It looks like they are going to make it. I ordered one tentatively. Early consensus is 300 cars,800k, 2 years away.

This is what probably caused the Tesla executives to crash their plane...

:icon_mrgreen:

Definitely McLaren MP4 interior. The question I have is how can Porsche produce this very slick sleek car yet produce the Cayennenenenenenenneenene?

The price is just speculation at this stage.Based on the initial cost of the CGT it will probably be somewhere in the stratosphere but exactly where will depend on how many units get produced.

:icon_mrgreen:

Definitely McLaren MP4 interior. The question I have is how can Porsche produce this very slick sleek car yet produce the Cayennenenenenenenneenene?

They made the cayenne to get $$$ to produce superb cars like the CGT,GT2,GT3.

I really like this car, little CGT.

Actually in terms of size 918 is pretty much the same as CGT :) The third car is Audi R8.

r8_v_918_v_cgt.jpg

From what it looks like I initially thought this would be some kind of car to fill the gap in the market between the boxster and the 911, but would this car be considered a CGT successor?

From what it looks like I initially thought this would be some kind of car to fill the gap in the market between the boxster and the 911, but would this car be considered a CGT successor?

Pretty sure Cayman fills that gap pretty well...

They made the cayenne to get $$$ to produce superb cars like the CGT,GT2,GT3.

I know this but the looks of the Cayenne are terrible especially when compared to this...

• 2 weeks later...

918 makes my eyes sparkle...that is a real knock out car...i woud give anything to drive one like that...even if it was for only a few minutes...

And you know what? The critics and the reactions to the 918 concept were so great that they are already thinking of putting this beauty into the assembly line... :D

• 3 months later...

A lot of net chatter today (from no real source beyond "rumors") that Porsche has locked down a price for the 918 of between $600-650k.

They allegedly want at least a thousand committments/deposits before they'll greenlight the car for go.