Murcielago successor mule spied again

BILL_LV

The car is not going to suck. Trust me.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't an epic dissapointment to Lambo purists though.

I hope it isn't (as I'd like one), but I bet it is.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be shocked if it wasn't an epic dissapointment to Lambo purists though.

I hope it isn't (as I'd like one), but I bet it is.

why the negativity, chin up :icon_mrgreen: the association with Audi is not the worst think that could've happened to Lamborghini.

You know you want it just wait patiently, in the mean time go and get yourself a nice 570 SL.

Unless the Murci replacement is epicly awesome, I will look into buying an 670-SV in a year or two if the replacement does not come with scissor doors.

why the negativity, chin up :icon_mrgreen: the association with Audi is not the worst think that could've happened to Lamborghini.

You know you want it just wait patiently, in the mean time go and get yourself a nice 570 SL.

im sure D.Wiggs will only drive a Lambo with doors that goes up..i am with him.. :icon_mrgreen:

im sure D.Wiggs will only drive a Lambo with doors that goes up..i am with him.. :icon_mrgreen:

HEHE. When the doors go up, the panties go down!

Im betting scissor doors make it. without them its easier to do just a great gallardo.

Unless the Murci replacement is epicly awesome, I will look into buying an 670-SV in a year or two if the replacement does not come with scissor doors.

me too and TT it

The Gallardo A-pillar is the give-away, along with the non-scissor doors. If had to venture even a guess I'd say only 5-10% of what we can see from these photos will make its way to the final car.

Just a mechanical test platform as you mentioned.

I know I have mentioned it before but when I did a summer at Ricardos they had an Ultima running Aston Martin drive-train so I know that the coat does not always match the underwear

But the door mirrors are the thing that is sticking out for me.

Although I cannot find it any sort of firm link (and I know I have posted about this before) but new EU legislation means that door mirrors need to comply to a set ratio to the car's body.

I think there is something to the no-"lambo doors" because the large mirror unit on a scissor door will be heavy, also why have large mirrors on a mule which will skew the power figures if the car is not going to have them?

For those crying over the Audifying... check my post here for what Audi have done with Lambo.

Audi know how to build a very good car, far more than a bunch fanboys on the internet.

I know I have mentioned it before but when I did a summer at Ricardos they had an Ultima running Aston Martin drive-train so I know that the coat does not always match the underwear

But the door mirrors are the thing that is sticking out for me.

Although I cannot find it any sort of firm link (and I know I have posted about this before) but new EU legislation means that door mirrors need to comply to a set ratio to the car's body.

I think there is something to the no-"lambo doors" because the large mirror unit on a scissor door will be heavy, also why have large mirrors on a mule which will skew the power figures if the car is not going to have them?

For those crying over the Audifying... check my post here for what Audi have done with Lambo.

Audi know how to build a very good car, far more than a bunch fanboys on the internet.

Come on, mirrors affecting performance that much? No way. The variation in weight of the driver is probably greater than that of mirrors.

Come on, mirrors affecting performance that much? No way. The variation in weight of the driver is probably greater than that of mirrors.

It greatly affects the cd of the car especailly when they are starting to be the size of a netbook.

As an example when testing the Veyron they removed the wingmirrors and found it under-steered, adding them back improved downforce.

Now admittedly the Veyron achieves speeds greater than that of this car but next time you are travelling at 70mph drop the window and carefully and casually stick your hand just above your door mirrors.

Try it at greater speeds (though for legal/safety reasons do it as a passenger, the engine has got a to punch the hole in the air, at those speeds weight for example as you mentioned the driver is negligent.

Capt Chaos is spot on. Mirrors are ENORMOUS drag and can completely mess up aerodynamics. If you wanted max speed on any TT Lambo, remove the mirrors.

I remember reading that to acheive its top speed of 217 mph in the Jag XJ220, they removed the door mirrors, whereas the top speed was much lower (something like 209) with them on.

Yes, but they aren't going from 0 mirrors to giant mirrors. They are going from mirrors to slightly bigger mirrors. Max speed is almost entirely irrelevant anyway.

my source is the new car will not have the original lambo scissor doors

the door moves on the side a little and then up

the car will not suck though...the new chassis is a big step up

my source is the new car will not have the original lambo scissor doors

the door moves on the side a little and then up

the car will not suck though...the new chassis is a big step up

What about transmission?

Yes, but they aren't going from 0 mirrors to giant mirrors. They are going from mirrors to fcuking huge mirrors. Max speed is almost entirely irrelevant anyway.

Edited that for you.

Cd is not always focusing on top speed, it is also nods to engine efficiency, the lower the cd value the less the engine has to work meaning it burns fuel more efficiently therefore it is more economical and emission friendly.

Whatever. I'd have to see equal perspective comparison to pass final judgement on just how much more surface area they have, and you can't really say that the impact is huge because you don't know the final design of everything in front of the mirror and where airflow is directed.

Anyway, what do the mirrors have to do with the doors opening upward? I don't think they will open upward purely out new design, modern tastes, and maybe even safety. I'm guessing that they could make the doors go straight up if they wanted. Mirrors will probably be made of CF and weigh very little.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

Probably that the new car will not have the a-pillar of the Countach/Diablo/Murci, which is necessary to make vertical doors work. Instead it will have a more normal a-pillar, and the doors then have to go out a little bit before they go up. My guess anyway.

Hmm. I hope not. The very flat A-pillar (that continues in the same line as the hood of the car) is a pretty distinguishing Lambo flagship car feature: Countach, Diablo, Murcielago. Even Luc Donkerwolke said that was something he intentionally retained when designing the Murcie.

Probably that the new car will not have the a-pillar of the Countach/Diablo/Murci, which is necessary to make vertical doors work. Instead it will have a more normal a-pillar, and the doors then have to go out a little bit before they go up. My guess anyway.

Im imagining something like the koenigsegg (sp?) door but with a largers door that doesnt go towards the floor when opened. it just comes outwards parallel to the car and then rotates upwards. could be a nice style, and something new!