Murcielago successor mule spied again

BILL_LV

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at least we know it will be running 19 and 20 inch wheels.... The mule looks like its got those sizes....

I didnt think they did the staggered wheels with the AWD system..???

I didnt think they did the staggered wheels with the AWD system..???

You have to. Pirelli stopped making the propper 19" tire size so you have to do the 19/20 setup if you want to keep the AWD.

on rennteam, someone with "info" said 21 inch rims.

Is there a performance advantage to larger rims? wouldnt they require more torque to spin?

Is there a performance advantage to larger rims? wouldnt they require more torque to spin?

Not necessarily. It would strictly depend on how they are tuning the suspension system. The only advantage I see with bigger wheels is bigger brakes... But with 21s I think that it might be a bit too big simply if they are trying lower the weight of the vehicle.... The problem would be that the wheel would be heavier on a 21 vs a 20 inch...

The smaller the sidewall, the stiffer it is, therefore better handling. Also, oddly, bigger wheels (when done right) means better braking but slower acceleration. Weird, I know. But there was a very interesting article about it in C&D this month that confirmed it.

The smaller the sidewall, the stiffer it is, therefore better handling. Also, oddly, bigger wheels (when done right) means better braking but slower acceleration. Weird, I know. But there was a very interesting article about it in C&D this month that confirmed it.

interesting. wasnt the sport wheels for the 911 GT2 smaller than the standard ones?

interesting. wasnt the sport wheels for the 911 GT2 smaller than the standard ones?

For more cars designed for the track you don't want the biggest wheel. It is more beneficial to have the smaller wheels first and foremost for less weight and mass, as well as ability to maneuver them.

Someone with real race experience (Dad) could probably chime in specifically why they would be better. But I don't remember all the advantages at the moment.

The lightest wheel with the stiffest sidewall allowing for the biggest brakes is what you want.

Have heard that something like a media debut could happen this June, not a ready for ride car, but something like a concept and specs could be revealed to make pre-orders coming in. Taking in consideration that dealer meets are going to take place in May to discuss this car, something like a media debut is possible. Any thoughts?

Have heard that something like a media debut could happen this June, not a ready for ride car, but something like a concept and specs could be revealed to make pre-orders coming in. Taking in consideration that dealer meets are going to take place in May to discuss this car, something like a media debut is possible. Any thoughts?

Could be interesing, good time to pick up my LP640 or SV.

Stiff side wall does not necessarily equate to better handling. It allows for more immediate response due to less of tire flex under load. It only means that although adhesion is high, the breakaway is also more sudden. With mid/rear engine set up this is not necessarily a good thing. When you look at the cgt, the breakaway is pretty fast. What would be ideal is that there is enough tire flex to "inform" you that its losing adhesion and thus allows the driver to adjust from the feedback....

I want to see this damn car! They take forever!

Crap, that thing is based on a G and has conventional doors. I guess its as close to the new murci as this was to the new enzo...

2000_Ferrari_EnzoPrototypeM31.jpg

damn it's too long... ah ah ah it's like a limousine

The real car is 8" SHORTER than the current Murci. It's going to end up a 'short bus' like the Gallardo.

The real car is 8" SHORTER than the current Murci. It's going to end up a 'short bus' like the Gallardo.

I think they are going to move the cosmetic much more towards the Gallardo, in the sense of the squaty rear end, compacy LED taillights. From the mule it could share similar elongated lines like the Diablo, but with a more advanced and technological looking aesthetic.

I think they are going to move the cosmetic much more towards the Gallardo, in the sense of the squaty rear end, compacy LED taillights. From the mule it could share similar elongated lines like the Diablo, but with a more advanced and technological looking aesthetic.

I definitely hope they use ALL LEDs (i.e., headlights, tallights, markers, etc.) I just hope, like you said, they do not lose the 'flagship' lines.

yess, no dry curb shit. Unless 2600 dry! ;)

Yeah, and no Ferrari curbweight where they weigh the car on the Moon.