I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

That guy made it about 5 feet more into the dudes house than he would have made it in to my house...

I'd have had a 12 gauge and the moment he started breaking through the door, BOOM!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Patriot Ordnance Factory's new ReVolt bolt-action AR rifle, another option for people living in ban states:

pof-usa-revolt_rifle_straight_pull_bolt_action_4.jpg

So we have this, the Mossberg MVP that is a .223/5.56 bolt-action rifle that uses AR magazines, and the Troy Defense rifle, which is a pump-action AR. Only thing is these all cost so much. One can also get the Ares Defense SCR rifle, which is an AR but without a pistol grip (and semiautomatic):

ares-defense-scr-shipping-3.jpg

If I live in a ban state I'm skipping the AR platform and just getting a Mossy MVP in either scout or flex configuration depending on if I really need a collapsible stock. Ill throw a red dot with a magnifier on it and call it a day. I can work that bolt pretty quick and the red dot will let me aquire a target quicker.

I'm sticking with my shotty for close in use.

I'd also be moving out of the ban state ASAP.

This is video of an officer being shot from his shoulder camera (they cut it at the actual shooting, but you see the guy pull the gun). Shows though how in dealing with strange people you can never be too careful:

That guy made it about 5 feet more into the dudes house than he would have made it in to my house...

I call BS on this video. Exterior doors are solid wood, metal plated over MDF (typical apartment doors) or fiberglass. They have to be to resist weather. The door he kicked though was interior door made of hardboard. The are typical interior doors on super cheap houses. If this is real, someone with about a IQ of 7 or below is installing interior doors on the exterior of houses somewhere.

I call BS on this video. Exterior doors are solid wood, metal plated over MDF (typical apartment doors) or fiberglass. They have to be to resist weather. The door he kicked though was interior door made of hardboard. The are typical interior doors on super cheap houses. If this is real, someone with about a IQ of 7 or below is installing interior doors on the exterior of houses somewhere.

First apartment I lived in had similar doors. Everyones unit opened to a common floor/stairwell that was inside and then a solid storm door was your access to the outside.

Sighted in my Red Dot on my 10/22 today and shot 2 rabbits. One was my dad, one was mine. Also shot a few clays with my dads over and under Stooger 410. Ive never hit anything in the air with a 410 until today. And I out shot my dad, which is almost unheard of. My dad is an awesome shot at anything you put in his hands.

Sighted in my Red Dot on my 10/22 today and shot 2 rabbits. One was my dad, one was mine. Also shot a few clays with my dads over and under Stooger 410. Ive never hit anything in the air with a 410 until today. And I out shot my dad, which is almost unheard of. My dad is an awesome shot at anything you put in his hands.

Practice makes perfect!

I got the impression in the video that it was a door already inside of an apartment building, say in a central hallway.

Oh yeah!!! I need some details...barrel chop and if so by who? Plan for optics or iron sight?

I really want one but am not sold on the 5.7 round yet.

I was able to get one of the CMMG 10.4 barrels off of an auction on gun broker so I am going to use that. Had to grind down an open end wrench to get the damn barrels off, pretty annoying.

Ya I am not sure on the 5.7 round, I just bought it as a toy so I am not too worried.

Probably throw an extra EOTech I have kicking around on it.

Picked up my Huntertown Guardian 22 can today which has been at my dealer with a stamp since 11-09-14. Also picked up my Remington 700 AAC-SD which has been there since 01-06-2015. Get home and have an email waiting from my dealer....my stamp came back today on my AAC Mini4.

Guess I will have to make the trek back up there soon!

ATF Updates for you guys that care:

07/29/2014 AAC Mini4 Ordered

09/25/2014 AAC Mini4 Shipped from store to my dealer

09/29/2014 AAC Mini4 Arrives at my dealer and tax stamp applied for

10/07/2014 AAC Mini4 ATF cashes check

01/20/2015 AAC Mini4 Tax stamp approved!

I'm staring to look at getting suppressors for some guns. I've been doing alot of reading on it. Is it a real pain in the ass or pretty easy paper work? Do you have a trust set up hannibal?

I'm staring to look at getting suppressors for some guns. I've been doing alot of reading on it. Is it a real pain in the ass or pretty easy paper work? Do you have a trust set up hannibal?

I thought it was easy as far as the ATF Forms. I do have a trust set up.

Yeah it seems pretty straight forward. I've been looking at setting up a trust as well. Have to get a handgun first. In MD it's 4 hours of classroom time and I think 4 hours of shooting to get your handgun license.

I have a few. What I've noticed shooting my fathers Full Auto M16 and my glock 26 with suppressors this past weekend is outside of 5 feet (unless you are shooting subsonic ammo) they are pointless as the rounds still make a bang breaking the speed of sound.

I have a few. What I've noticed shooting my fathers Full Auto M16 and my glock 26 with suppressors this past weekend is outside of 5 feet (unless you are shooting subsonic ammo) they are pointless as the rounds still make a bang breaking the speed of sound.

But they are hearing safe....that makes a big difference. Also remember that suppressors for the most part aren't so much about the sound level where you are when shooting as they are about the sound level where you are shooting at. 50-200 yards away that sound is going to be a lot different then standing next to it.

Yeah I've heard you want sub sonic ammo with the suppressors.

Subsonic ammo will make a HUGE difference because you have eliminated that sonic crack.

Thus far the only interesting thing at SHOT show is the Magpul 60 round drum.

I am pretty excited for the Magpul 700 Hunter stock/magwell/AICS compatible mags for the Remington 700. I will probably pick up the 3 of them for my new 700 and see how they do.

No you don't.

I don't know. I thought a 1911 fit in my hand nice and was easy to shoot even though it was 45ACP. I guess stripping it and cleaning it isn't as easy as a Glock though.

I don't know. I thought a 1911 fit in my hand nice and was easy to shoot even though it was 45ACP. I guess stripping it and cleaning it isn't as easy as a Glock though.

I hate the design and function of the 1911.

I hate the design and function of the 1911.

Glad we agree on this. It's an antiquated design. It feels good in your hand - but so does a SIG. :D