I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have a S&W m&p? If so how do you like it? Any complaints?

There's a lot of M&P's. 15, 10, full size, compact, shield, revolver. Which one in particular are you asking about? I have 3 and would buy all of them again.

My fiancé and a good friend of mine both have M&P compact 9mm. They both love them. My fiancé and I went to a range and rented just about everything they had when she was trying to decide which gun she wanted. We shot a Springfield XDs in different frame sizes, a Beretta PX4 Storm, a Ruger (I forget the model), and the M&P shield 9mm. The M&P compact 9mm was the favorite by far.

Good to hear! I've been set on the xdm bit it's hard to get in Maryland and the guy who does have it has the price set super high. I was just looking at the 9mm.

Alright so after a month of waiting for my license I finally got my handgun lol now I just have to wait the 8 days for it to clear then I can finally pick it up. I bought a M&P 9mm. It's the midsized one so I guess 4 inch barrel. Fit really nice in my hand. So now the question is what holster do you guys like? Would be for the range and like a 3 gun holster not a concealed carry.

Alright so after a month of waiting for my license I finally got my handgun lol now I just have to wait the 8 days for it to clear then I can finally pick it up. I bought a M&P 9mm. It's the midsized one so I guess 4 inch barrel. Fit really nice in my hand. So now the question is what holster do you guys like? Would be for the range and like a 3 gun holster not a concealed carry.

Month of waiting for a license and then 8 days to clear. Glad to see The Constitution is alive and well in the Democratic Reublik of Maryland.

I bet I have enough time between the order I just placed and my burger arriving to run next door and buy a handgun.

As for the holster...I like paddle holsters. Check out Fobus and any of their positive retention models.

Right? Yeah its pretty shirt here you should've seen the paperwork I had to fill out lol I had to put my drivers license down on 5 different sheets. Took about 20 minutes to do the paperwork lol at least now the gun shops don't have to fire off a round and send it to the Maryland state police to hold it just in case the gun was used in a crime... hogan kicked that out. But alright sweet thanks Hannibal I'll check them out.

For the M&P 9c I use a Raven Phantom. Rolling around in the desert for run & gun drills it works great and I have yet to break it! It’s 5+ years old so they may have changed a little. This thing has been through a lot and holds up well. Sidearm securely snaps in and is easily reholstered. Some complain that it doesn’t have a tension adjustment but I’ve never found that to be an issue. If you’re going to buy a double mag holder I suggest that you buy two singles instead especially if you’re using extended mags with X-Grip spacers.

They now make a version that will accommodate a light like the TLR-3. This is a great little light and highly suggested as is an Apex sear.

ScreenShot079.png

ScreenShot080.png

3 gun range holster?

drop leg safariland.

LPKs, Handguards, Ambi Selectors and EZ Pull Takedown Pins are on the way to me. ODG AR-15 should be up and running by middle of next week!

Well that's no good lol

Means nothing. They put all their eggs in the military basket and that didn't pan out for them. This writing has been on the wall for awhile now.

how is that possible?

the industry as a whole is fine-last i checked. Did i miss something?

Industry yes...Colt no. They have been drowning for months and have restructured their debt a few times. They tried again and 3 different times their creditors said NO.

Colt went ALL in on military sales and that didn't pan out for them. They had to sue at one point over the M4 contract and still lost it to FN at some point.

Should I get the AAC 762-SD or AAC 762-SDN-6 for my Remington 700?

Get the regular SDN. That 1 inch less or whatever on the other model isn't all that much more useful.

Get the regular SDN. That 1 inch less or whatever on the other model isn't all that much more useful.

The 762-SD was the original 9in can with aluminum baffles. Then they came out with the 762-SDN-6 which was shorter but had an extra baffel and was made out of inconel. That was supposedly quieter then the 762-SD circa 2011.

In 2014 they reintroduced the 762-SD with all of the baffles made out of inconel and that was supposedly quieter than the 762-SDN-6. However I am having trouble confirming all of this. I can find the 762-SDN-6 on sale within $20 of the 762-SD but since I am only planning on running this can on my Remington 700 I might go longer and quieter (762-SD circa 2014) and pick up a 762-SDN-6 if I get my SCAR 17s CQC after I get back from the UAE.

Confused yet...so am I.