AP quality control

LPDADDY

Absolutely sucks. For a company that makes such beautiful timepieces to have such pathetic reliability is beyond comprehension. I am royally peeved now. My ROO tourbillon just stopped out of the blue for no reason whatsoever. This is a timepice that is hand made and supposedly AP only makes a few watches a year . NO EXCUSES and i would cut them some slack but:

My RO chronograph had wateprofing issues and had to go back 4 times to clearwater to get it right. Their comment was not to use the chrono underwater lol . DUH?

My Montoya stopped and spent 18 months in clearwater on and off because they couldn't get it right.

My Shaq stopped working when it was 2 months old and went on vacation to clearwater for a few months.

And now the tourbillon. WOW.

Not only is quality control terrible, service is even worse. They must have morons working in clearwater.

I have just about had it. Who wants to buy a shaq and RO tourbillon? I am going to sell all my AP's. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

And to top it up, the purists site just cannot handle any criticism about AP's . You would think the company walks on water.

that sucks, for what they charge for their watches they should be bring you warm soup in bed when you have a cold!

I've been wearing my ROO daily since I've bought it approx 5 months ago and had zero problems with it, your experiences with AP customer service scare me considering that I have to ship mine overseas to have it looked at if anything goes wrong with it.

Is it a big secret of how much mark up is on a typical AP watch? Or would you guys rather not know? I read an article about how AP came out with the stainless steel watch and put a huge price tag on it shocking everyone, and restarting the SS luxury market, but it just seems like paying too much for the brand name imo. Interestingly enough, Grey goose did the same thing, but at least their stuff is only marginally more expensive

OMG... ROO chrono, Shaq, Montoya, Tourbillon, all stopped working. These are hundreds of thousands worth of AP's.

If these were cars it would be under federal investigation. I hope you resolve this problem. I just bought my 1st AP

and your customer service experience worries me.

GL.

Sounds like Clearwater is cursed - Stop going there!

Customer service is the most important thing for me, in any business. No one is exempt from this.

Let us know how/if you get it resolved, sounds like quite an issue. Good luck.

Not the first time I've heard this about their customer service. For what that Tourbillon costs they should send someone to your house to fix the damn thing!

It seems like this is happening to all the majors. Even the Richard Mille board is filled with stories of irate customers putting up with shoddy service and horrendous QC, enough to the point where Mille himself recently wrote a "letter of apology" to clients.

Not sure why this goes on, but clearly AP is the Ferrari of watch brands right now, their dealers feel their shit doesn't stink because their brand strength has weathered the recession well. This is not the first time a prominent buyer has complained about their nonsense.

Sorry to hear that! That's like tracking your Lamborghini; it constantly breaking down; only to speak to Lamborghini; and them telling you not to drive your car fast! Makes me glad I bought a submariner as my first watch :icon_mrgreen: .

Not sure why this goes on, but clearly AP is the Ferrari of watch brands right now, their dealers feel their shit doesn't stink because their brand strength has weathered the recession well. This is not the first time a prominent buyer has complained about their nonsense.

:iamwithstupid: that about sums it up.

Sorry to hear about the trouble dad. Had a few issues with AP myself (hence agree with the QC problem), had it corrected but not at Clearwater though and have been good since.

I have 2 limited edition pieces from AP and they both work flawlessly, one of them for more than 2 years and I wear them daily. Maybe there is some problem with your winder?

Clearwater is the official AP repair centre for NA. Nothing wrong with the winder i use either, it is a quality control issue with AP . My AD has horror stories with their service and cringes everytime a watch has to go in for service.

I have a ROO rose gold refinished and it had to go back 4 times before they got it right. It is unacceptable and it isn't that they don't charge through the moon. A new clasp for a gold RO is 4k lol.

The other choice is to send the watch back to Switzerland and then you are going to be without the watch for a year. There again there is no gaurantee it is going to be done right.

I sent a vintage lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu to switzerland for a complete overhaul and it cam back like brand new as they replaced evrything and charged me $1400 for their services and it doesn't work.

Just get a Patek and be done with it. I never had any trouble.

I believe BMWRACER have plenty of Patek's as well. And while having better QC, Patek's aren't exactly trouble-free either.

• 4 weeks later...
It seems like this is happening to all the majors. Even the Richard Mille board is filled with stories of irate customers putting up with shoddy service and horrendous QC, enough to the point where Mille himself recently wrote a "letter of apology" to clients.

FYI all RMs are made by AP, save for RM5 & RM10.

The latest G and H series movements for ROO all sound horrendous. Try winding them and hear its gears grinding against each other and totally not weight balanced.

Sad.

Clearwater is the official AP repair centre for NA. Nothing wrong with the winder i use either, it is a quality control issue with AP . My AD has horror stories with their service and cringes everytime a watch has to go in for service.

I have a ROO rose gold refinished and it had to go back 4 times before they got it right. It is unacceptable and it isn't that they don't charge through the moon. A new clasp for a gold RO is 4k lol.

The other choice is to send the watch back to Switzerland and then you are going to be without the watch for a year. There again there is no gaurantee it is going to be done right.

I sent a vintage lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu to switzerland for a complete overhaul and it cam back like brand new as they replaced evrything and charged me $1400 for their services and it doesn't work.

Hmmm......I was about to send mine in as its running constantly fast. I'm always having to turn it back every few days. Its only a few minutes but still. For a watch that costs as much as these do you would think it would work flawlessly. I think I will live with the watch running fast for now. :eusa_think:

So why are they worth so much if the quality sucks, dealers are a pain in the ass, and repair is impossible. Sounds like the ferrari of watches.....

So why are they worth so much if the quality sucks, dealers are a pain in the ass, and repair is impossible. Sounds like the ferrari of watches.....

Mine is perfect

Damn you said the same thing I did! I didn't even see that in your post!

On another note, I am seeing them ALL OVER the place in Miami now. Seems to be the new Rolex type of watch where you see them EVERYWHERE. Either that, or someone is getting really good at making fakes.

Damn you said the same thing I did! I didn't even see that in your post!

On another note, I am seeing them ALL OVER the place in Miami now. Seems to be the new Rolex type of watch where you see them EVERYWHERE. Either that, or someone is getting really good at making fakes.

There are fakes to be had for $200 all over, that look great. Almost makes you think, if you had a real one, get a fake and wear it everywhere without care and the real thing to when it counts.