SLR or FGT

donnie

Where? Here in LA. a Ford GT will never get a second look.

You serious? Out on the east coast the Ford GT gets 2-3 times the attention my Lambo does.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You serious? Out on the east coast the Ford GT gets 2-3 times the attention my Lambo does.

Same here. It's the only car I've ever had that had people following me around waiting for me to park so they could take pictures next to it. Sprite, no sense in continuing the argument, the resale says it all...

Same here. It's the only car I've ever had that had people following me around waiting for me to park so they could take pictures next to it. Sprite, no sense in continuing the argument, the resale says it all...

The resale is the product of a limited production...and relatively inexpensive msrp. For the money, especially if you are a diehard buy American kind of guy, not much choice.. When i looked into buying one, everyone laughed at me, and the wife promised entry into the Mustang club.

The resale is the product of a limited production...and relatively inexpensive msrp. For the money, especially if you are a diehard buy American kind of guy, not much choice.. When i looked into buying one, everyone laughed at me, and the wife promised entry into the Mustang club.

It's unfortunate that not all of us are enlightened enough to give these cars a chance. The bottom line is that the original Ford GT40 was the tits, a shitload of money and a racing legend. The Miura was based on this car, what more do you want?? :icon_thumleft:

The GT continues that trend, and IMHO brings more of that old school Lamborghini/Ferrari feel than anything post 2001 from either Italian marque. The mid-engine layout is something neither the POS nor the Viper have, and the sound of the FGT whips both. If you're a european exotic diehard like myself, you could never justify a POS or a Viper over a Ferrari or Lambo, but the FGT is not a hard sell whatsoever.

Sounds like those who have driven a FGT once or twice don't think much of it, but to those who have actually owned it, it seems far more of a SPECIAL car to them.

IMO having abolfaz absolutely be ape shit over a car speaks volumes in my book being that he has owned a Carrera GT, and many other exotics, and has NEVER spoken so highly of any car.

Just my .02

Mike,

My 20 minutes in one was plenty enough to be smitten. Ownership would be heaven.

Didn't know the other Mike had a CGT? To me that's more car guy competition than an SLR.

Plus in the SLR you will have girls telling you all the time "I like your Mercedes!".

:lol2:

"i like your mercedes" sounds better than "i like your ford"

I really could care less about what other people think about the cars I drive. BTW it’s the only American car I own other then my work fleet. Have an Italian, British and German car too. If I like the car, and can afford it of course, I’ll buy it….. care less if it says Hyundai or a Pagani on it….. I’m perplexed how someone’s preconceived notion will preclude them from enjoying something.

:lol2:

"i like your mercedes" sounds better than "i like your ford"

This just in: Women aren't into cars.

I've never even known a woman who looked at a car twice, let alone knew about the brand. You could say your SLR is a Volvo and hardly any would question it.

I got to take a FGT around our little track/county club, it is fun to drive, but it does feel like a kit car. while it felt alright on the track, I did draw the opinion that the car would be more of a chore to drive in the city. I would not go as far to call it a drivers car either because I still felt disconnected, though it offers the appearance of what we typically call a drivers car.

This just in: Women aren't into cars.

I've never even known a woman who looked at a car twice, let alone knew about the brand. You could say your SLR is a Volvo and hardly any would question it.

you dont know enough women

you dont know enough women

If a woman knows who McLaren is, I'm already turned off. If she knows the MSRP of an SLR and an FGT, I'm probably going to tell her I'm just the valet.

If a woman knows who McLaren is, I'm already turned off. If she knows the MSRP of an SLR and an FGT, I'm probably going to tell her I'm just the valet.

Its ok.. any opinion you may have had became null and void when you purchased an R8 :icon_thumleft:

I really could care less about what other people think about the cars I drive. BTW it’s the only American car I own other then my work fleet. Have an Italian, British and German car too. If I like the car, and can afford it of course, I’ll buy it….. care less if it says Hyundai or a Pagani on it….. I’m perplexed how someone’s preconceived notion will preclude them from enjoying something.

:iamwithstupid:

I love how this topic was started discussing the merits of each car and has now evolved into a comparison of status symbols lol . That being the case, IMO the FGT is low car on the totem pole in who has the biggest dick department.

who has the biggest dick department.

This would be me, but I dont own either of them :shock:

but they dont know what it is.

they don't but I bet they think they might be able to score a free hairdo from the driver :icon_mrgreen:

they don't but I bet they think they might be able to score a free hairdo from the driver :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_thumleft:

post-679-1271943002.jpg