G55 or Supercharged RR???

D.Wiggs

SUVs  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which to get?

• 2010 Supercharged Range Rover Autobiography
    • 2010 Mercedes G55 Designo

I'm torn between which to get. I've driven both and love both. the G55 is more sporty, but also smaller and not as comfortable or luxurious; however, the sound of the G55 and look is awesome.

Any help from owners of both would be appreciated.

It's a black G55 designo (black interior with white stitching) and a white RR Autobiography edition with black/white interior.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I can't go wrong but they each have plusses and minuses.

RR:

PROS: Bigger, Towing, Luxury, Technology

G55:

PROS: Looks, Unique, Power, Handling

Except for the check-me-out factor, the RR is far superior. If you are buying for you, get the Autobiography. It is perfect IMO.

Except for the check-me-out factor, the RR is far superior. If you are buying for you, get the Autobiography. It is perfect IMO.

What makes the RR so much superior in your opinion?

Driven both.

I would take the RR hands down. It is versatile, comfortable, can be used to go to dinner in or throw the dogs in the back.

The G55 is an old design that does nothing very well. Maybe if you are off roading it would be different. Cool looks and thats it.

Guest skokos

As much as I LOVE the G55 I feel the new RR supercharged is the superior car.

I'm a die-hard G55 fan, but if it's a question of which is better, then it's definitely the RR.

G55 is so bad-ass looking, but the interior is garbage for the price. If you can get a used one, take some of the saved money and let someone re-do the entire interior. I think skoskos (name?) has links to a G-class fan site that show tons of custom G-wagens.

G55 is kind of like a classic car. Everything about it is probably below average, but it just looks so damn cool that you really choice but to buy it. I always look at a G-class when I walk by. Never look at a RR.

Has the Range Rover ever escaped its notorious maintenance/reliability issues??

That would be question as well. If they have absolutely RR. I prefer them over the G55 but reliability is big with me.

hmmm...i'd say the RR is probably a better vehicle in most ways like people above are saying...but the G si no slouch and i see 50-100 RR everyday for every G i see...and i'd way rather have something thats rare vs. something thats a little better.

G55 for me!

(can you get both the danes in the G55? cause those two huge dogs might make the decision for you...maybe you need an SUV bigger than both of those?)

Both will hold the two Danes, obviously the RR better because it's bigger.

However, both have an annoying feature which is that thhe seats tumble instead of fold flat. Because of this, I would probably try to get either two captains chairs for the back instead of the 60/40 bench split which I don't know whether or not that's possible, or simply remove all of the rear seats and make the 60 part of the bench a quick release system when and if we ever take people around (which is almost never).

With no rear seats the vehicles are quick roomy.

I'm getting conflicting information but it appears that the G actually has 5 MORE cubic feet of volume than the RR?? Odd, considering how much smaller it is. I guess the height really makes up for the lack of length.

I'm very torn. The thought of a 650HP SUV does sound fun but I don't know if I would want to spend that kind of cash and not have the features like the camera system, keyless go, air suspension, towing, and the greater comfort.

I wonder if the RR can be upgraded as easily as the Benz?