Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading about that thing on fox news! Came from 8500ft deep in the see attached to a research sub! I guess that one is 2.5ft long and they normally dont get that big. They just scurry along the sea floor and eat dead whale carcasses!

They had something SCIENCE-related on Fox News???? Did Palin show it off in a bikini or something?? :lol2:

Joking aside, it's crazy to think that over 98% of ALL life forms are estimated to not only be underwater, but UNKNOWN to us.

Isn't that a different story, the article says he got out of the elevator and received a beer and they didn't mention him being sick and taking a nr 2 in the elevator.

Yah it's different. The New Yorker even has video of the event they are talking about and it's different.

That guy didn't smear feces all over the elevator and his clothes and then lay in it, he was in for 40 hours.

This guy in the Youtube video did... I have no idea why?

After viewing that last video..We need to change the Subject to " WTF WTF??"

It looks like the video got pulled. What was it? A monkey or ?

The record from the last jump is on the verge of being broken... and in an incredible fashion!

http://www.redbullstratos.com/

That last jump gives me pride in the human spirit. I don't know what I'd think about jumping out and not feeling any wind. Epic win for human kind.

The redbull stratos project rocks out, too.

That guy is an amazing operator! He controlled that machine like it was one of his limbs!

When you look closely its not all that amazing. At first glance it looks impressive but upon closer examination you realize that the machine has purpose built attachments that allow it to lock into the tower, it doesn't take much of an operator to pull that off.

When you look closely its not all that amazing. At first glance it looks impressive but upon closer examination you realize that the machine has purpose built attachments that allow it to lock into the tower, it doesn't take much of an operator to pull that off.

Bingo, it's just like putting together a puzzle that locks into place.

I mean, it still takes nerve, but I'd rather see him climb it with the bucket on the end :D

I mean, it still takes nerve, but I'd rather see him climb it with the bucket on the end :D

Exactly.

Yes the end of the boom arm locks in. But while he's transfering the arm to a higher position the machine is balancing on the tracks. While there are cleats on the track pads, if he moves the boom too far to the rear he could topple of the platform. Maybe engineered to prevent that. I guess more ballsy than risky

But while he's transfering the arm to a higher position the machine is balancing on the tracks.

Nope. Look again, there is a locking mechanism between the tracks that locks onto the tower once he's in place. The procedure is actually idiot proof. What's more impressive is the power of HYDRAULICS!