Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the previous page :icon_thumleft:

I was trying to post something else and it was not the same thing. the problem with posting on mobile platforms :/

Beethovens Ode to joy being sung by a 10,000 person Japanese choir. Nailed it. I have this cranked on my speakers and got chills from 13:18 on

That was fantastic! That tenor at the beginning was freaking great. I can't imagine how badass that would have sounded live and in person in the stadium. Just as long as I wasn't near the conductor...he made it rain! His passion for the piece though, is undeniable. Excellent excellent performance... :icon_thumleft:

at that speed, the first half of that....fcuk THAT SHIT!

That is INSANE!!

at that speed, the first half of that....fcuk THAT SHIT!

Before I had a career to worry about, I used to race DH very competitively.

That video is the way you do it. When you know the trail, it's actually "easier" the faster you go. Looks like warp speed on film, and basically it is.

The Bolton Strid - Yorkshire

the_strid_bolton_abbey_400x300.jpg

The Strid is a section of the river that is much deeper than it is wide. The river before the Strid, perhaps sixty feet wide and six feet deep, is abruptly turned on its side and funnelled through a long rocky channel, maybe six to eight feet wide and nobody-knows-how-deep.We simply cannot measure it, because there's a powerful undercurrent sweeping down into the vast, unseen caverns and massive underwater pockets that hold all of the rest of the river's water. I seem to recall that the name Strid comes from the word stride, or maybe it was the other way around. In theory, with the correct combination of long legs, agility and stupidity, it’s possible to jump or stride over at the narrowest point.

Failure to jump the Strid is inevitably fatal and no one who has fallen into the tumultuous gorge was ever known to survive.

http://toque.co.uk/node/1314#disqus_thread

Before I had a career to worry about, I used to race DH very competitively.

That video is the way you do it. When you know the trail, it's actually "easier" the faster you go. Looks like warp speed on film, and basically it is.

Makes sense. I did some single track like that back in the day that if downhill it was easier if you had some speed so you could clear the obstacles easier. Now though, at that camera perspective I just feel pain thinking about losing it. Last time i was on a trail like that I rounded a corner and my friend had stopped. I had to suddenly stop and couldn't unclip. OUCH!

Cool video inside the international space station and the astronauts joking around after finding out they have to stay an extra two months

Way too confined for my tastes. I'd go nuts.