Diablo 6.0 in Verde Ithaca

limey

Holy Cow! That is SICK! Phenomenal job on every aspect of the car! Where did you get just the rotors for the car? Black wheels are going to look perfect on the car! I probably would have done the brake calipers in VI as well if you are doing the wheels in black. Can not wait to see the car complete!

I'm going to put stock 6.0 wheels back on, at least that's where i'm heading now. The rotors are the originals, just sand blasted them and clear zinc coated. Although the car is not original, i'm trying to imagine how it would have come from the factory had VI been available in 2001, so i will be keeping everything as factory looking as possible.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense. I would definitely keep the stock wheels, I assume they are factory finish right now? If they do not look great you can always powder coat them black :-) I am sure the car will look great with the stock silver wheels though. I do like the brake boot in VI.

Guest Rob Burgundy
That makes sense. I would definitely keep the stock wheels, I assume they are factory finish right now? If they do not look great you can always powder coat them black :-) I am sure the car will look great with the stock silver wheels though. I do like the brake boot in VI.

:icon_thumleft:

Black stock rims on this car would be the icing on the cake. The factory silver will look to bland against VI in this case IMO.

:icon_thumleft:

Black stock rims on this car would be the icing on the cake. The factory silver will look to bland against VI in this case IMO.

I think the rims should be black as well. Pretty much how Tommy's VI SV looks with the black rims.

+1

black rims, verde calipers.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Wow, are u doing all this work yourself? The final product is going to be amazing.

I'm with you. This is seriously impressive work.

I'm going to put stock 6.0 wheels back on, at least that's where i'm heading now. The rotors are the originals, just sand blasted them and clear zinc coated. Although the car is not original, i'm trying to imagine how it would have come from the factory had VI been available in 2001, so i will be keeping everything as factory looking as possible.

well done...if i had the money, i'd do the same...as stock as possible :)

congrats on your marvelous project mate

What an amazing combo, I can't wait to see the final product.

:iamwithstupid:

I've been checking this thread almost everyday, I need my email notifications back please!!!! Thank You :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for all the feedback, keeps me motivated.

This is todays project, front shocks were rebuilt with new seals. All new upper and lower bushings too be installed later today. Springs where powder coated, upper retainers powder coated, with a low gloss clear. Shock spring colars, all yellow zinced.

As to the wheels, i do think black and green calipers would look good, but i'm going with stock wheels as i feel the 6.0 wheels stock are the best. When all is said and done, i'll have someone photoshop the wheels black and calipers VI just to get a contrast.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Guest Rob Burgundy
As to the wheels, i do think black and green calipers would look good, but i'm going with stock wheels as i feel the 6.0 wheels stock are the best. When all is said and done, i'll have someone photoshop the wheels black and calipers VI just to get a contrast.

post-1440-1294161326.jpg

When you say you like re black wheels idea but think the stock 6.0 wheels look best I know the opinion I was giving and think were others were giving was the 6.0 wheels ARE the best for the car but paint the stocks black.. Not a aftermarket rim.