New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

lol

A bit closer to home you only have to compare the V10's to the V12's. In theory a V12 is more efficient than a V10 (at these engine sizes) so with DI on the 12 we should see it overtake the V10 slightly in power/displacement.

Having said that the extra set of gears the Murcielago drivetrain and the new LP-700-4 drivetrain uses to power the rear wheels does make it more inefficient than the Gallardo drivetrain by default. I'm guessing at least a 10-12hp loss.

extra set of gears? what do you mean?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking of the gears that move the rear prop shaft parallel with the engine but disregard all of that anyway as I just realised that the G drivetrain has a similar setup to drive the rear diff too.

I was thinking of the gears that move the rear prop shaft parallel with the engine but disregard all of that anyway as I just realised that the G drivetrain has a similar setup to drive the rear diff too.

well regardless I had no idea what you were talking about :lol2:

looking at the competition right now, anything with over 100 hp/L is impressive when the engines are this large.

Looking at the order sheet, it's got another 400lbs at least of excess weight that could be shed... The electric and heated seats, the motors for the wing, all that leather, not to mention the heavy wheels... This car has potential to be a 3100 lb rocket...

Looking at the order sheet, it's got another 400lbs at least of excess weight that could be shed... The electric and heated seats, the motors for the wing, all that leather, not to mention the heavy wheels... This car has potential to be a 3100 lb rocket...

Good Point!!

I want all the toys,Just want to cut un needed fat.don't want power seats,can't see the up grade sound amps ect,staying with leather, alcantera dosen't look good for long.

A V12 plus all wheel drive wet will never be 3100 lbs

Maybe a couple hundred. I really don't think it's got 400 lbs that can be realistically pared off it though . . . .

:iamwithstupid:

400 is way too much for a factory effort. A private effort (tuner) could of course, but the factory will always be up against regs.

I think as others have said there are a good 150-200 pounds of "items-to-be-removed-for-SV-version" that the factory can easily do when the time calls for it, and that would take the LP700 (or an LP750-SV) below the weight of a current Gallardo.

Good enough. :icon_thumleft:

A V12 plus all wheel drive wet will never be 3100 lbs

I think we've had a discussion about the weight of V12's before, but just some numbers off the net, most likely dry numbers:

Chev LS2 6.0 V8 Pushrod: 440pounds/200kg

New Lambo 6.5 V12 quad cam: 517 pounds/235kg

Old Lambo 6.5 V12 quad: 556 pounds/253kg

I can't think of a 6 liter pushrod v12 or a 6.5 litre quad cam V8 produced recently.

3100 lbs? Maybe in a track only spec car.

Leather delete: 65lbs-75lbs

Wheels: 35-40lbs

Electric seats. 150lbs

Motor for rear wing to be fixed- 15lbs

Carbon engine brace 10lbs

Lighter exhaust 20-30lbs?

Carpet material 15lb?

Does the LP700 have more storage space then the Murci? Is there a parcel shelf?

No it's the opposite, far less storage space - more like the Gallardo

Electric seats. 150lbs

As I understand, those are an option, so I gues the weight claim is already without the electric seats so no weight loss here

Does the LP700 have more storage space then the Murci? Is there a parcel shelf?

It's not wedge shaped with a flat bottom like the Murci, it's square shaped and molded so basically it's roughly the size and shape of a small overhead bin carryon suitcase leaning at a 20 degree angle.

Now has a glovebox!

Yes, good enough to keep some shades and papers in. Not big, but usuable for sure.

the day time front running lights are absolutely insane! the car looks years ahead of its release date!!

Those are cool. Best use of LED's i've seen so far.

i dont know of a better looking street legal car in the U.S. at any price range.

im trying to figure out a way to get my hands on one for 2011 w/o paying crazy prices. (its driving me crazy)

i dont know of a better looking street legal car in the U.S. at any price range.

im trying to figure out a way to get my hands on one for 2011 w/o paying crazy prices. (its driving me crazy)

please have mercy on us that haven't seen the car and stop teasing :icon_mrgreen:

I think we've had a discussion about the weight of V12's before, but just some numbers off the net, most likely dry numbers:

Chev LS2 6.0 V8 Pushrod: 440pounds/200kg

New Lambo 6.5 V12 quad cam: 517 pounds/235kg

Old Lambo 6.5 V12 quad: 556 pounds/253kg

I can't think of a 6 liter pushrod v12 or a 6.5 litre quad cam V8 produced recently.

3100 lbs? Maybe in a track only spec car.

The chevy numbers are wrong unless its for the iron block version. 375-405 is about right. The new mustang 5.0 is 440

As I understand, those are an option, so I gues the weight claim is already without the electric seats so no weight loss here

even the manual has electric motors....

Standard

Seats with manual longitudinal

adjustment, electric backrest

adjustment and manual foldering

vs

a single cf seat is 6-15 lb each

even the manual has electric motors....

Standard

Seats with manual longitudinal

adjustment, electric backrest

adjustment and manual foldering

vs

a single cf seat is 6-15 lb each

not to mention if the standard seats are steel framed like the Murcielago, then there is weight to be saved there too.

please have mercy on us that haven't seen the car and stop teasing :icon_mrgreen:

i promise you will feel the same! it left me speechless (im still thinking about the car 2 weeks later lol)

it kind of reminds me of that perfect 10 girl that you meet and you just cant stop thinking about her. you start thinking of ways to make your move lol