New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

One article says 700hp the other 690? And nothing definitiv about the weight?

Same amount of power in both places, but by European measurement (whatever they call their system) it's 700 bhp, by the U.S. measuring system (SAE) it's 690 bhp.

Same as with all the current models. Gallardo LP-560 has 560 bhp by European measuring system, but is 552 on the SAE (American) measuring system.

Same amount of power though, just different measuring system used.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rob Burgundy

Knowing lamborghini the cars will be making more then that stats say. I'm guessing at least 715-720

Knowing lamborghini the cars will be making more then that stats say. I'm guessing at least 715-720

not really. other than the LP Gallardos there hasnt been much to suggest they are underrating the power. although, since the car has a new AWD system, wheel-hp gains may suggest that its got more than just 30 hp on the SV.

A SV owner on another forum dynoed his SV and it generated 692 hp at the crank with 2300 miles on the odometer.

Different dynoes vary. there have been dynoes on LP640s making 460 awhp and 540 awhp here.

A SV owner on another forum dynoed his SV and it generated 692 hp at the crank with 2300 miles on the odometer.

I would love to see some actual engine dyno numbers on these Lambo engines.

AFAIK engine dynos do not vary.

Knowing lamborghini the cars will be making more then that stats say.

There are always one which has lesser hp than others from the same factory and vice versa.

This was also the case with the Veyron. They stated 1001hp, but the US rating is like 982 or something like that. Isnt it really just splitting hairs at those levels?

Did he pull out the engine and put it on a dyno?

With the modern standards in place it is very hard for a manufacturer to falsify hp numbers. Its not like it used to be where they would use the one engine that was an inch from blowing up as their quoted number. So I would expect the factory number to be pretty damn close.

the order guide states that the gearbox has a 50 ms shifting time, thats not bad for a single clutch when you consider the veyron has about 100 ms shifting time with a double clutch. i am very excited for this car, it will be the first completely new from the ground up lamborghini in quiet some time.

Lamborghini 7 gears, new zf box now has 9, its for front wheel drive cars though, its also getting silly!

Shifts are 'below the levels of perception'.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23008

whats the reason for 9 gears? wouldnt that essentially make each gear shorter? in my eyes its a big advantage to have 0-60mph+ in 1st gear

whats the reason for 9 gears? wouldnt that essentially make each gear shorter? in my eyes its a big advantage to have 0-60mph+ in 1st gear

An advantage for what? In my mind third gear should top out at under 100mph. This makes for alot more enjoyment in a street car.

[With five gear settings, (auto strada, auto sport, strada, sport and corsa)

which really means 1 gear setting and that is corsa. so now we all have to turn the knob of push the button to get to fast mode every time we start the car. :eusa_wall:

why don't they have the car set on the mode it ended with the drive before? :eusa_wall:

An advantage for what? In my mind third gear should top out at under 100mph. This makes for alot more enjoyment in a street car.

Usually cars that can hit 60+ in first have the fastest 0-60 times since you arent wasting time with a shift. Thats about the only point I see.

Usually cars that can hit 60+ in first have the fastest 0-60 times since you arent wasting time with a shift. Thats about the only point I see.

Actually a tall first gear makes it more difficult for the car to get off the line, and then get going..

Actually a tall first gear makes it more difficult for the car to get off the line, and then get going..

Allan, with a 6,5 liter 700 hp and long first gear, you do not have big problems to get off the line: mine almost 30 years old 5000S with just 353 HP hits 50 miles in first gear (or at least that tachometer says, 80 km/h).

And then, with 700 hp and a short 40 miles first gear, you would just burn your tyres when getting off the line at full throttle.

ciao

So in your mind Allan, what is the benefit of a taller first gear? If any at all?

Could it also be said that the effects of "making it more difficult to get off the line" could actually work for you because that "retardation" of power from the taller gear helps put the power of a 700hp (or whatever) engine to the ground more efficiently instead of just roasting your tires?

look at the gearing of the cars with the fastest 0-60 times....non of them hit 60 in first (911 turbo S, nissan GTR etc.). Tall gearing severly limits the fun factor of a street car. I prefer being able to run up to redline and through multiple gears without endangering my license.

Alot of manufacturers were doing the first gear to 60 thing to help their mag numbers 5 years ago as 0-60 in a high horsepower car is limited to available traction. Tires have come along way in the last few years and now gearing is getting lower...all of the sudden there are a bunch of cars that can run to 60 in under 3.5 seconds.

In an AWD car with a 7 speed automated manual type transmission there is NO reason to have tall gearing.