Lp700 Order Guide!

Allan-Herbie

It's interesting how there is a solid correlation in responses depending on whether or not someone was at the preview:

Attended the preview: "Near perfect" "Can't wait!" "This car is incredible!" "This is going to be Lamborghini's best car ever"

Did not attend the preview: "The color choices suck" "This car is too heavy" "I'm so disappointed" "Lamborghini is stupid" ""

I like to operate on solid data instead of butt-pulled speculation, so I'm gonna pay a bit more attention to the opinion of folks who have seen the car during the preview and stay optimistic and continue to look forward to March.

The Ordering Guide is looking nice to me. Thanks for sharing Allan!

Fact is, if some of you guys didn't ask for seat heaters then they wouldn't have added seat heaters as an option. And, stuff like that is an option, so why fault the car for options you don't have to buy? I say load it up. If I want stripped out then I'd save a ton of money and buy another Lotus Exige S, or check out a Caterham R500. Or a Radical. But the car has 700hp! I think it can handle a few amenities and still get you to 62mph faster than you really need to anyway. :icon_thumleft: :P

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how there is a solid correlation in responses depending on whether or not someone was at the preview:

Attended the preview: "Near perfect" "Can't wait!" "This car is incredible!" "This is going to be Lamborghini's best car ever"

Did not attend the preview: "The color choices suck" "This car is too heavy" "I'm so disappointed" "Lamborghini is stupid" ""

Not so much, you have to also account for Fanboyisms and read between the lines.

Did not attend the preview: "The color choices suck" "This car is too heavy" "I'm so disappointed" "Lamborghini is stupid" "<insert Winkelmann insult here>"

I like to operate on solid data instead of butt-pulled speculation, so I'm gonna pay a bit more attention to the opinion of folks who have seen the car during the preview and stay optimistic and continue to look forward to March.

The Ordering Guide is looking nice to me. Thanks for sharing Allan!

Fact is, if some of you guys didn't ask for seat heaters then they wouldn't have added seat heaters as an option. And, stuff like that is an option, so why fault the car for options you don't have to buy? I say load it up. If I want stripped out then I'd save a ton of money and buy another Lotus Exige S, or check out a Caterham R500. Or a Radical. But the car has 700hp! I think it can handle a few amenities and still get you to 62mph faster than you really need to anyway. :icon_thumleft: :P

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Not so much, you have to also account for Fanboyisms and read between the lines.

:iamwithstupid:

In 2002 Murcielagos were almost all yellow, titanium, some black and orange. Nothing new with limited options for first year production cars. It'll evolve with time as they introduce new editions.

I like the fact that those parking sensors are optional. I really didn't like the way they looked on the car. It already has many lines and very busy look, adding those dime size circles all around really wasn't doing the car any justice.

In 2002 Murcielagos were almost all yellow, titanium, some black and orange. Nothing new with limited options for first year production cars. It'll evolve with time as they introduce new editions.

I like the fact that those parking sensors are optional. I really didn't like the way they looked on the car. It already has many lines and very busy look, adding those dime size circles all around really wasn't doing the car any justice.

They sure will be helpful in parking. Very limited visibility out the back.

Not entirely correct. There were quite a few Blu Hera, light/silver blue, red, and VI cars made in the initial 2002/03 run. Just the first batch of launch/dealer cars were black and yellow.

It just does not make sense. VI is such a popular color they made it an option for the GSL. They made three SVs for it. But then again, it's a corporate decision, which is coincidently, the only flaw at Lamborghini.

Not entirely correct. There were quite a few Blu Hera, light/silver blue, red, and VI cars made in the initial 2002/03 run. Just the first batch of launch/dealer cars were black and yellow.

It just does not make sense. VI is such a popular color they made it an option for the GSL. They made three SVs for it. But then again, it's a corporate decision, which is coincidently, the only flaw at Lamborghini.

I'm aware of the other colors, that's why I said almost.

I wouldn't rush into blaming HQ, designers, Winky or whoever else... These guys do LAMBO for a living, they're much more aware of the customers needs and the market tendencies than me and you can ever be by just reading LamboPower.

Fact is those looking for something to complain about, will succeed, those who want the car will add another $10-20K to the $450K they are already shelling out to get the color they want. :icon_thumleft:

I wouldn't rush into blaming HQ, designers, Winky or whoever else... These guys do LAMBO for a living, they're much more aware of the customers needs and the market tendencies than me and you can ever be by just reading LamboPower.

Fact is those looking for something to complain about, will succeed, those who want the car will add another $10-20K to the $450K they are already shelling out to get the color they want. :icon_thumleft:

This is true.

I will say though that if anything you could say the preview is a very psychologically well-crafted sales pitch, and the car sells itself well in that light.

It's a new, apparantly VERY good-looking, state of the art Lamborghini. Of COURSE everyone that attended will come away saying "OMG I WANT IT". The whole purpose of this tour by the factory is to book orders.

If anything, those who saw the car are MORE likely to be biased in favor of the car and its crazy price and its crazy options, while those who haven't are more likely to be giving objective opinions. And that goes for me personally, no way would I be immunue to this car's charm...if I went to the unveiling I can assure you I'd be falling all over it. Especially if I liked how it looked, which is rare for me as the years go by.

So I understand the very pro comments coming from those who've seen it. Should those comments change the opinion of anyone who hasn't seen the car and has a particular gripe with something on the spec sheet (weight, lack of color choices, lack of certain tech features that should be offered, questionable transmission, etc)? No. Very valid complaints, and not just "people finding things to be negative about". :eusa_naughty:

I never understood this approach!!! Even on "lesser" performance vehicles the audio is always lacking. My attitude is either do it right or don't bother!! Production costs are a major concern, but if a quality product is offered people will buy it!

As for some of the "options"; 3k for a back-up camera??!!!!! Can you say aftermarket???!!!!

That is another thing that I do not understand. Every minivan now has those things; why should it command such a silly price in this car ?

lol, Lamborghini aware of customers needs.

How would you view Lamborghini corporate if this was you?

It's summer 2006. In your garage you have two 2005 Gallardos, a 2004 Murcielago, and 2005 Murcie Roadster. You also have an LP640 on order.

You go to take your 04 Murcie out, and you notice that the Air conditioning doesn't work. You call up Lamborghini, who tells you to deal with it because it's a month out of warranty.

So after purchasing over one million dollars worth of vehicles from them, they won't cover a part that costs less than .5% of what you have spent.

So yeah, they are great with their customers.

And they are aware of the market tendencies? Did we forget about 2008/2009 when they had to throw so much trunk cash around that D.B. cooper almost came out of hiding to grab some?

It's great that they can sell the first 150 LP700s to every eager beaver that has seen this car. The true test is if they can compete with Rolls Royce and Ferrari, who, since 2007, have had no issues selling cars costing 400K+ at a rate of at least 1000 a year.

200lb weight loss from LP640 doesn't sound THAT impressive, for all the "revolutionary" CF work that went into this car. The standard color choices seem a bit eh - no Verde Ithaca, no REAL blues. Interior colors of brown? Is this the 70s?

I agree

It's summer 2006. In your garage you have two 2005 Gallardos, a 2004 Murcielago, and 2005 Murcie Roadster. You also have an LP640 on order.

You go to take your 04 Murcie out, and you notice that the Air conditioning doesn't work. You call up Lamborghini, who tells you to deal with it because it's a month out of warranty.

So after purchasing over one million dollars worth of vehicles from them, they won't cover a part that costs less than .5% of what you have spent.

So yeah, they are great with their customers.

i feel like that has more to do with the dealer then lambo corporate, though i could be mistaken

Imagine this:

You order a Gallardo Superleggera. You drive it a lot. Even ship it to Europe to drive around for the summer. You drive to visit the factory, they check the car out for you and when they realize clutch is almost bust they install another one free of charge since you're such a great customer and put 20K+ miles on your car within the first year of ownership.

Ferrari owners are very loyal for the most part and keep buying Ferrari because they buy into the legacy and love the product, nothing wrong with that. RRs have dropped in value just as Lamborghinis, besides, not all RR owners also want a Lamborghini, it's almost always a different demography, obviously with exceptions.

I'm not siding with Lamborghini here, just stating unbiased facts and my thoughts regarding what we're talking about. I do point out short comings when I see them and did so at the unveiling directly to Winkelmann.

THEN there is the F1 transmission on a 599. You have ONE choice-F1. Yet we are going to write 9,811 dollars for that on the sticker. Why the fcuk do you do that Ferrari? Just raise the damn Port of Entry price to include the cost of the transmission!

The 599 was available with a standard transmission, but only a handful of people ordered them.

i feel like that has more to do with the dealer then lambo corporate, though i could be mistaken

Nah, it was a corporate issue. The dealership group that ran Lamborghini Boston at the time also runs a BMW dealership, where the experience with the BMW dealer and BMW of North America has been nothing short of spectacular, even when problems arise.

Case in point, had a 2003 M5 that was out of warranty, the finish of the wheels started to chip off. BMW NA sent a pair free of charge. BMW ( and Rolls, and Mini) are astounding.

Imagine this:

You order a Gallardo Superleggera. You drive it a lot. Even ship it to Europe to drive around for the summer. You drive to visit the factory, they check the car out for you and when they realize clutch is almost bust they install another one free of charge since you're such a great customer and put 20K+ miles on your car within the first year of ownership.

Ferrari owners are very loyal for the most part and keep buying Ferrari because they buy into the legacy and love the product, nothing wrong with that. RRs have dropped in value just as Lamborghinis, besides, not all RR owners also want a Lamborghini, it's almost always a different demography, obviously with exceptions.

I'm not siding with Lamborghini here, just stating unbiased facts and my thoughts regarding what we're talking about. I do point out short comings when I see them and did so at the unveiling directly to Winkelmann.

:icon_thumleft:

I didn't want to make this seem like it was personal towards you.

Just saying that for some reason, Ferrari and Rolls make you want to spend money, and Lamborghini makes you cringe at the thought of doing so.

The 599 was available with a standard transmission, but only a handful of people ordered them.

Not in 2009.

ts640 I know it sucks but if it is out of warranty it is out of warranty period, how many cars you bought makes no difference ultimately they are running a business if they were to keep

fixing your stuff out of warranty what would be the new cut off date when they could stop doing it?

I don't really understand all the moaning about this that and the other, I am sure Lambo doesn't want to piss off customers.

I am sure they strongly considered, during their decision making process, market research based on hard data perhaps only available to

them, previous dealings with customers all over the globe and the fact they need more room for future milking :icon_mrgreen:

It is a friking business, the capitalist in me would do the same, they want your money and they will take it off you regardless how much you moan if not some other car company will and so the world goes round and round. :icon_mrgreen:

Do you guys want to see prices of options for a 570SL in Australia? $40k for carbon brakes, $12k for a rear wing :lol2:

I bet it will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when you look at how much of a "bargain" the new LP 700 is there.

ts640 I know it sucks but if it is out of warranty it is out of warranty period, how many cars you bought makes no difference ultimately they are running a business if they were to keep

fixing your stuff out of warranty what would be the new cut off date when they could stop doing it?

Yes and no. A small high end boutique business should cater to it's customers. In ts640's example, a little 'help' with a 400 dollar repair could either net them 10's of thousands of profit when this happy person buys another lambo, or lose them 10's of thousands when this pissed off person moves on to the horsey people across the street.

Case in point, had a 2003 M5 that was out of warranty, the finish of the wheels started to chip off. BMW NA sent a pair free of charge. BMW ( and Rolls, and Mini) are astounding.

You won't find a single manufacturer without a "bad service" story. I'm 100% sure some BMW, Rolls and Ferrari customers have had bad experiences with the service, as well as Lambo customers.

You won't find a single manufacturer without a "bad service" story. I'm 100% sure some BMW, Rolls and Ferrari customers have had bad experiences with the service, as well as Lambo customers.

spyker

that was mostly a joke since they only have what like 28 customers to look after

Guest Dereiter
Yes and no. A small high end boutique business should cater to it's customers. In ts640's example, a little 'help' with a 400 dollar repair could either net them 10's of thousands of profit when this happy person buys another lambo, or lose them 10's of thousands when this pissed off person moves on to the horsey people across the street.

I share your opinion.

Im going to lead the masses on their new pilgramidge.... TO MCLAREN

:iamwithstupid: And it will be 200k cheaper...

That's not true at all. You're not going to buy a Ferarri just because you don't like the service. This isn't a hotel or a restaurant, where you can get the same amenities or food somewhere else by just going down the street. You're talking about different designers, different mechanics in the car ,a different car, different marque all together. If you like the Lambo you're STILL going to buy the Lambo like it or not, regardless of how you're treated. (only on rare occasions when both marques are equal in beauty and performance perhaps, but unlikely).. Are you telling me you'd sell a 570SL and pick up a 458 because the dealer pissed you off??

THIS is why they do it, and won't ever change. The pressure is on Lambo. As long as they continue to make cars that stand out from the rest, all the other things won't matter.

Yes, but same price as F1 no discount

Maybe TOMMY got them to drop the color so not to compete with his ONLY 1 in the USA VI car...LOL LOL