AllanLambo vs. ronin MEGATHREAD (merged, NWS)

Allan-Herbie

Isn't that exactly what Allan did on l4p?? I was on that thread before it was deleted. I don't think everyone here saw that thread or saw how Allan started this whole thing.

Really? STFU.. All i did was ask for Vbox to confirm his numbers, even complimented the pos he drives..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should race on a track, and on a Vbox. If it is a tie-i.e. 1 person wins track and 1 person wins Vbox, CumG has to pay for track rental and pay Allan the $150,000 difference in car prices as Allan would have much more to lose by wrecking his G out there than CumG, and Allan never said he could beat him on the track. Both owners drive both cars. If Allan wins both CumG forfeits $150,000+his car+track rental+never posts on any automotive forum again. If Cum G wins both Allan loses his car and pays for track rental, and rocks a CumGobblerismyGod screen name for eternity on all car forums.

Seems fair to me....Thoughts??

Should race on a track, and on a Vbox. If it is a tie-i.e. 1 person wins track and 1 person wins Vbox, CumG has to pay for track rental and pay Allan the $150,000 difference in car prices as Allan would have much more to lose by wrecking his G out there than CumG, and Allan never said he could beat him on the track. Both owners drive both cars. If Allan wins both CumG forfeits $150,000+his car+track rental+never posts on any automotive forum again. If Cum G wins both Allan loses his car and pays for track rental, and rocks a CumGobblerismyGod screen name for eternity on all car forums.

Seems fair to me....Thoughts??

I think step 1 should be a "V-Boxing Match".

The TTG's performance is pretty well documented at this time, just look in the vbox thread for instance.

Cum-G's performance is based on…the owner's claims.

Cum-G can use Allan's V-Box and have at it. Why should that take pink slips and huge escrow accounts for the difference in value?

Just suction cup the V-Box and have at it for a few minutes.

Then wait for Cum-G's excuses, complaints, and taunts when he comes nowhere near his claimed results. I know…Cum-G will say that Allan hacked the GPS satellite network to make the Lotus measure slower. LOL.

I guess even if any much cheaper car is faster, so what. The lambo is a dream car to own no matter how fast the lotus can be. Theres no comparisons at all. Who would want to own a lotus over any kind of lambo anyways? Its like saying my tune up honda is faster than your ferrari, lambo, etc. Not in the same class at all.

Theres no comparisons at all. Who would want to own a lotus over any kind of lambo anyways?
ME! Well each car has its own characteristics and is fun in it's own way, even if you are not a fan. I use a hammer to hammer, a screwdriver to screw, and my brain to think about what one is appropriate for what situation. There are dozens of reasons a Lotus is better than a Lambo (for a specific purpose) and vice versa. You can go run canyons, auto-x, or have neat little rallies, you just can't do in a Lambo, and it just so happens the Lotus is modestly priced. On the road, I'd take the behemoth Lambo though.

Yesterday I spun around Santiago Canyon in a Fiat X1/9 with 65 hp. A lot of fun for a car 20hp out of tune, just inches off the ground. Sure it was 32lbs / HP (with me in it!!!) but it was a ton of fun. Would I go pick on a Lambo or Lotus? Nope, but in the canyon it was a hoot. Is it a 0-60 car? nope, is it a top speed car? nope, is it a twisty car? fcuk yeah! Cost? around 12k for a car with a K20 that will probably kill you.

DSC02620.jpg

ME! Well each car has its own characteristics and is fun in it's own way, even if you are not a fan. I use a hammer to hammer, a screwdriver to screw, and my brain to think about what one is appropriate for what situation. There are dozens of reasons a Lotus is better than a Lambo (for a specific purpose) and vice versa. You can go run canyons, auto-x, or have neat little rallies, you just can't do in a Lambo, and it just so happens the Lotus is modestly priced. On the road, I'd take the behemoth Lambo though.

Yesterday I spun around Santiago Canyon in a Fiat X1/9 with 65 hp. A lot of fun for a car 20hp out of tune, just inches off the ground. Sure it was 32lbs / HP (with me in it!!!) but it was a ton of fun. Would I go pick on a Lambo or Lotus? Nope, but in the canyon it was a hoot. Is it a 0-60 car? nope, is it a top speed car? nope, is it a twisty car? fcuk yeah! Cost? around 12k for a car with a K20 that will probably kill you.

DSC02620.jpg

I love Fiats.. They were my fathers car of choice.. Sometimes I think about getting myself a red/tan Fiat Spider, something like this:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...717&aff=tpx

I guess even if any much cheaper car is faster, so what. The lambo is a dream car to own no matter how fast the lotus can be. Theres no comparisons at all. Who would want to own a lotus over any kind of lambo anyways? Its like saying my tune up honda is faster than your ferrari, lambo, etc. Not in the same class at all.

The thing about that Lotus…the engine is small and the resulting torque curve is not flat at all. Cars like that are fast on the track, yes. However they don't reach their full potential. They are not as fast as you'd think. This is due to the shape of the torque curve. Which makes them harder to drive.

Let me explain.

The Lotus is a two wheel drive car, and you have to feed in the massively increased power carefully exiting each turn. So you don't spin it. My favorite torque curves are flat with a slight decrease as RPMs rise. Motors like that are easy to drive fast as you have "passive traction control". Which then allows you to fully utilize the cornering capability. See…if some slight wheelspin occurs leaving a turn…the RPMs rise and the torque then slightly drops. This automatically slows down the "almost catastrophe" enough so that you can catch it more easily. Driveable to it's full potential. A steeply rising torque curve makes corner exit much trickier. Undriveable to it's full potential.

Compounding the matter is engine response. If a high output car has strange or lagged throttle response compared to normally aspirated…then modulating the engine output as you leave a turn is more difficult. This is common on high boost cars. Sure they can be fast and a thrill ride to drive. But you have to leave something on the table so that you can exit turns under control. Get it?

Look at the dyno for Cum-G's car. It rises rapidly with RPMs. This can feel exciting. The acceleraton accelerates. A dyno queen. Leave a turn a bit too hard and zing goes the revs as the torque just gains and gains. Unforgiving. It promotes exit wheelspin. Mortal drivers solve that by leaving turns more gently and then booting it only when their steering wheel is very straight and the turn is certainly well over. Much less blending of the end of cornering with the beginning of acceleration. So they are not fully using their motor with a impressive dyno sheet!

In Cum-G's dyno below, the torque curve shape I prefer is only present for the last 1200-1300 RPMs. The rest of the time, the steeply rising torque curve works against you at corner exit. IF you were cornering to the car's full potential just prior, of course.

At higher speeds the TTG would cream the Cum-G for sure, since then you need HP versus the air mostly. So for instance the top speed of the TTG would be much higher than the Cum-G. That's why an AMG with passengers can run with a Viper at high speeds.

I hope that I've explained some of this concern well enough that a light bulb or two lit up.

158349d1292949643-new-dyno-over-500whp-d

I don't really post anywhere else, I have enjoyed lp for a number of years for the tips, getting to know some of you, going on drives, sharing the ownership experience etc. I am far from the perfect lp member, but I have so say the tone of the some of the recent threads is really unacceptable. Lowers the tone of the room.

Ronin may be a liar about his times (like anybody really gives a hoot), he seems to be very angry, a limited vocobalary and concerned about things that nobody else cares about.....,but changing his screen name to cumgobbler, altering signatures gives him a somewhat legitimate platform as an underdog/conspiracy guy that is undermining the credibility of this website. The smoky post, wow zero research there.....

I often hear the complaint, why doesn't lamborghini pay attention to this site....well how could lamborghini corp be associated with a cumgobbler posting.

I have a little boy...likes, loves his cars, he is 2 and can point out a lamborghini, knows his ferrari's and porsche's etc, however if these types of posting continue, I would never show him this site. Kinda degenerating into the jersey shore.....

In reference to the jersey shore line....

Short for some people should hit the road in benefit of the community.

Best

VID:

In reference to the jersey shore line....

Short for some people should hit the road in benefit of the community.

Best

hey I would more than be happy to leave if this continues....

I've heard a lot of the wrong people offering to be one of the vacated.

Honestly, if people aren't interested in making the community better then I could not care less what their opinions are. This is a good place, and there are a lot of great people on here. I've met quite a few and enjoy it greatly. I won't be leaving here because of a select few people don't conduct themselves like adults. There is a lot of valuable information here and even better people that provide it. I can't imagine not hearing RD's rants, or the stepping it up threads, or the cartoon pic LOL thread, etc. Eventually people will not acknowledge the bad apples.

Best

I've heard a lot of the wrong people offering to be one of the vacated.

Honestly, if people aren't interested in making the community better then I could not care less what their opinions are. This is a good place, and there are a lot of great people on here. I've met quite a few and enjoy it greatly. I won't be leaving here because of a select few people don't conduct themselves like adults. There is a lot of valuable information here and even better people that provide it. I can't imagine not hearing RD's rants, or the stepping it up threads, or the cartoon pic LOL thread, etc. Eventually people will not acknowledge the bad apples.

Best

I agree, I don't want to leave either, I have 1287 posts to your 380, so I do contribute....but there must be some accountability....would you want your screen name changed to cumgobbler?

i'd rather be banned.

LOL ! I literally laughed when I read that as I was not truly prepared for another man to ask me if I wanted my named changed to CG!

Take a step back and read that as I did.

On a serious note, the answer is no. However, as I have said being that we are general members (either paying or not, its never talked about or used to judge). Moderators have a higher ability in all aspects in the forum. Some people tote pitchforks to fight that logic, I do not. In life there are always people with more or less access to things than myself. When I was younger they had more, as I got older it becomes less. I finally learned that its in the quality of what you have that makes a number worth noting, not the number itself. Point of that is I enjoy the friends I have on here, and I enjoy others that I have not had the ability to meet but still interact with time to time. I don't care so much about the rest because to me, that is all that matters.

If someone decides not to join because one of the past couple of threads then it is their loss. The people and information here is fantastic and I refuse to be labeled by >.02% of the threads here. If someone is genuinely interested in joining or staying, they will see what is really here.

Best

I agree, I don't want to leave either....but there must be some accountability....would you want your screen changed to cumgobbler?

i'd rather be banned.

I kind of missed that. I'm new here and came across the Lambo / Lotus situation after it got posted on many different forums at the same time. I was not sure at first but I thought that the Cumgobbler name might have been selected by the Lotus guy to disrespect the forum. But after reading a bit that did not seem to be the case. Maybe it should be changed back to whatever it was before, and any other changes corrected?

I'd still like to see the souped up Lotus VBoxed as I think the claimed times are quite exaggerated. Some who have measured various fast cars challenged the Lotus guy. That seems to be part of the root cause of the situation. It's very easily resolved if the Lotus guy can be made to feel comfortable with doing so. He seems very angry / defensive so this may not occur. Instead he wants a very expensive race or time trial to be run. That seems too extreme too (like his being renamed here), and while interesting does not answer the question about his acceleration claims. Is the fella too stuck in his difficult style of behavior that he can't simply measure his car's acceleration? There is no cost or scheduling required.

Maybe if this forum bent a bit, so would he. Or not.

LOL ! I literally laughed when I read that as I was not truly prepared for another man to ask me if I wanted my named changed to CG!

Take a step back and read that as I did.

On a serious note, the answer is no. However, as I have said being that we are general members (either paying or not, its never talked about or used to judge). Moderators have a higher ability in all aspects in the forum. Some people tote pitchforks to fight that logic, I do not. In life there are always people with more or less access to things than myself. When I was younger they had more, as I got older it becomes less. I finally learned that its in the quality of what you have that makes a number worth noting, not the number itself. Point of that is I enjoy the friends I have on here, and I enjoy others that I have not had the ability to meet but still interact with time to time. I don't care so much about the rest because to me, that is all that matters.

If someone decides not to join because one of the past couple of threads then it is their loss. The people and information here is fantastic and I refuse to be labeled by >.02% of the threads here. If someone is genuinely interested in joining or staying, they will see what is really here.

Best

what has gone on is really distasteful, thinking outside of the box for a moment, if I was running this website and wanted to build its value, possibly develop a corp connection etc...cumgobbler isn't where I would go.

Let me make this clear, cg/ronin shouldn't be taken seriously, but by insulting him etc, you stoke the fire.

Like in all situations, ignore that thread and view the ones which interest you. I too couldn't care less about that thread. Arguments are part of life but I do hope they cut short of coarse language and do it in an erudite manner.

Let them sort it out like high caliber adults should....or would.

I too check back on this forum just about every other day if I'm near a com but, I wouldn't leave this forum just because of such cases...I have had plenty of really informational reads here, reality checks & plenty of laughs....Plenty.

Somedays, LamboPower makes my day a little brighter.

Im going to disagree on the Cumgobbler, that was done in response to antics he started on another thread... I do however agree on the Smoky thread... I will have that one deleted even though the guy is a PUTZ... :)

Im going to disagree on the Cumgobbler, that was done in response to antics he started on another thread... I do however agree on the Smoky thread... I will have that one deleted even though the guy is a PUTZ... :)

not sure what you gain from changing his name, personally I think he is an angry idiot, you guys are moderators....rarefied air....elevate the forum, problem is he is bringing you down to his level.....

what has gone on is really distasteful, thinking outside of the box for a moment, if I was running this website and wanted to build its value, possibly develop a corp connection etc...cumgobbler isn't where I would go.

Let me make this clear, cg/ronin shouldn't be taken seriously, but by insulting him etc, you stoke the fire.

:iamwithstupid: