AllanLambo vs. ronin MEGATHREAD (merged, NWS)

Allan-Herbie

not sure what you gain from changing his name, personally I think his is FOS, you guys are moderators....rarefied air....elevate the forum.

You will always get 2 types of people, those who dont respond to drama and those that do... Unfortunately drama brings life to the forum on dreary days... I personally find it funny, although the Ronin did become abit long in the tooth..

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to be set on fire before the water portion of the show, then LamboPower is not your biggest problem.... :)

If you don't want to be set on fire before the water portion of the show, then LamboPower is not your biggest problem.... :)

thanks for the tip......going for the gas can now before we fire up the dvr...

best!

Im going to disagree on the Cumgobbler, that was done in response to antics he started on another thread... I do however agree on the Smoky thread... I will have that one deleted even though the guy is a PUTZ... :)

Hmmm... though I do appreciate that thread being deleted due to the violation of privacy it created, it also shuffles under the rug the issue of "who is Lucifer" and "is Lucifer a moderator in disguise." I think that should be looked into by RomanDad (someone whom I feel is fair and unbiased, and one of the moderators here that I trust).

I only mention it because it was suggested to me by more than one person via email that Lucifer is very likely a moderator posing a regular user with high stats in order to be "taken seriously as a long time member". And then the fishiness came up in the anti-Smoky thread with some misalignment of stats to support the hypothesis that either a mod is in disguise or a mod is aiding Lucifer for some reason.

I (and I think a few others) are very interested to know more about that.

Cheers,

Sir Putz

well night night kids...off to watch a dvr'd version of USA top gear...probably more painful than any ronin post.

:eusa_wall:

NO! Download old Top Gear, and re-watch it. Or go watch James & Oz's Big Wine Adventures!

In response to that thread, I can only say just don't go there. It's like any gossip - just don't participate in it.

LP isn't a democracy, the moderators have complete control - but there's some interesting points brought up here. No one wants to see good members leave on account of something as trivial as a Lotus! And same goes out to Smoky.

Hmmm... though I do appreciate that thread being deleted due to the violation of privacy it created, it also shuffles under the rug the issue of "who is Lucifer" and "is Lucifer a moderator in disguise." I think that should be looked into by RomanDad (someone whom I feel is fair and unbiased, and one of the moderators here that I trust).

I only mention it because it was suggested to me by more than one person via email that Lucifer is very likely a moderator posing a regular user with high stats in order to be "taken seriously as a long time member". And then the fishiness came up in the anti-Smoky thread with some misalignment of stats to support the hypothesis that either a mod is in disguise or a mod is aiding Lucifer for some reason.

I (and I think a few others) are very interested to know more about that.

Cheers,

Sir Putz

:iamwithstupid:

Very convenient that the thread disappeared.... it could just have been edited and locked.

:iamwithstupid:

Very convenient that the thread disappeared.... it could just have been edited and locked.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: Could be a good learning experience.

Sidenote: Kin I think using your kid as an example is not really an issue, this forum is 18+ for a reason. There are and should be fun things like naked women, good stories, and some ball busting.

what has gone on is really distasteful, thinking outside of the box for a moment, if I was running this website and wanted to build its value, possibly develop a corp connection etc...cumgobbler isn't where I would go.

not sure what you gain from changing his name, ..

forum websites are NOT democracies but if you have a party and no one attends, what do you have?

because of this LACK of democracy, threads vanish, changing names happens, avatars as well. . sometimes posts are altered.

that's how it goes.. i don't like it but i deal with it.

question is: how would you like it if someone did it to you?

as i posted in this thread: Ive made a new friend! NWS

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...3128&st=120

post #140:

my internet forum pet peeves are as follows:

1. deleted threads

2. changing members names

4. altering someone else' post

5. derogatory remarks about family members

6. locked threads (obviously necessary, sometimes)

ok, so i am a big proponent of free speech but i can't imagine that many people on this site like ANY of this stuff. besides the fact that when some of these tools are used, it is no longer a fair fight. i would rather see one person outwit the other person.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: Could be a good learning experience.

Sidenote: Kin I think using your kid as an example is not really an issue, this forum is 18+ for a reason. There are and should be fun things like naked women, good stories, and some ball busting.

I have no problem with this being an 18+ site. Lets just start acting like adults. I have no problem with somebody being locked out.....if they act like an idiot, I have a problem with changing names, signatures etc.

FYI, the latest episode of top gear USA was up to it's usual unfunny, unentertaining standard. One thing you have to give them, they are rock solidly consistently bad...not a joke in there, unintentional or not.

As I have said before, it is like watching reruns from a parallel universe, where they are trying to reverse engineer the original program, having no understanding of the English language or the concepts of irony or humor.

FYI, the latest episode of top gear USA was up to it's usual unfunny, unentertaining standard. One thing you have to give them, they are rock solidly consistently bad...not a joke in there, unintentional or not.

As I have said before, it is like watching reruns from a parallel universe, where they are trying to reverse engineer the original program, having no understanding of the English language or the concepts of irony or humor.

Should have borrowed a match earlier....

Yea, I too have a problem with changing screen names but for a different reason. When I read a particularly idiotic post, I do a Google search of the screen name so see what else they post where. When you make the name changes, the nonsense doesn't come up anywhere as it should. The best way to put some of these guys in prospective, or to size them up is to keep their screen names for everyone to see.

I can see outing someone if in fact it is discovered that they are lying about something. I've not seen as many pretend Lamborghini owners lately, but in 08 there seemed to be a lot of them on the forums.

I've never heard of "Lucifer" until fairly recently either.

My first car was a Fiat 850. The fastest thing it did was rust.

my buddy has an 850 with a rotary, it is quick

Allan, another question for you and the other (extremely) quiet mods on this topic....

If "Lucifer's" thread (where he revealed my private information) was a "thread-deletable" offense, then why didn't you (or another mod) delete it immediately?

I noticed you jumped on the bandwagon very quickly and only later became a "leader" after I responded?

Roy vouched for my purchase long before my response, so why wasn't that good enough? And even if Roy had not chimed in, why was it still ok to post my private information until I responded to the threat?

Instead the thread was allowed to grow to three pages before anything was done about it.

Hmmmm...something about that kinda stinks. Now i really wish you had only removed the private/offending information from the thread rather than deleting the entire thing. Deleting it just covers up what happened...conveniently for those who were in offense.

Speaking of which, will Lucifer be reprimanded? I notice it took almost nothing for jpegs and myself to be reprimanded publicly for much, much less. Yet nothing has been stated about what will happen to Lucifer?

Allan, another question for you and the other (extremely) quiet mods on this topic....

If "Lucifer's" thread (where he revealed my private information) was a "thread-deletable" offense, then why didn't you (or another mod) delete it immediately?

I noticed you jumped on the bandwagon very quickly and only later became a "leader" after I responded?

Roy vouched for my purchase long before my response, so why wasn't that good enough? And even if Roy had not chimed in, why was it still ok to post my private information until I responded to the threat?

Instead the thread was allowed to grow to three pages before anything was done about it.

Hmmmm...something about that kinda stinks. Now i really wish you had only removed the private/offending information from the thread rather than deleting the entire thing. Deleting it just covers up what happened...conveniently for those who were in offense.

Speaking of which, will Lucifer be reprimanded? I notice it took almost nothing for jpegs and myself to be reprimanded publicly for much, much less. Yet nothing has been stated about what will happen to Lucifer?

We have a forum backstage whereby we consult on the required action, sometimes we need to check on certain things with other mods before any action can be taken - so we refer to other mods and have to wait for their input. I am far from furnished with all the facts on all the issues covered over here in Europe let alone the stuff that goes on other there so it can be tricky to act on certain information.

Certainly the stuff that went on was far from ideal and well below a suitable standard (even for the drama fans here) so what I will say is we will draw a line under this situation and I think we need to just move on and stop being dicks.

no one really "revealed your private information" you use the same screen name and email address for every forum you participate in. also making your email and name public by posting it in threads isnt the smartest thing to do, it doesnt take a hacker to google your screen name or email address after comming across it to see where else you participate. you do have one advantage; your name is extremely generic

wow the drama, everyone is right can we just move on?

I will tell you who Lucifer is, are you ready for it??

he is THE BLACKDUKIE!!!

no one really "revealed your private information" you use the same screen name and email address for every forum you participate in. also making your email and name public by posting it in threads isnt the smartest thing to do, it doesnt take a hacker to google your screen name or email address after comming across it to see where else you participate. you do have one advantage; your name is extremely generic

A)I hide my email address from regular users. That box stays unchecked when i first register because i get enough spam already.

B)My real name is hidden everywhere except for the one lotus thread that took some (maliciously intentful) digging to find. That is being corrected now. You are correct, it was a mistake to reveal even the smallest tidbit anywhere, one I have always been paranoid about and now because of this experience one I will never repeat again. Anyone with common sense however would know that is a violation to display either piece of information in a public thread without my permission.

@capt: thanks for the clarification.

@fortis and @shineydubzzz: I was directing those questions to the mods, and Capt replied. No one is talking to you or asking you anything, so yes please do feel free to move on. Thanks