Am I the only one enjoying driving in snow?

Anders-hoberg

I have been driving several times weekly, up until we enjoyed the Indian summer in Michigan last week. The snow/ice melting messed the roads up and paradoxically (to enjoying driving in snow) I have no interest in driving on wet/dirty/messy roads. Anyway; I am really impressed with the all wheel drive system. Granted, my stock tires are far from optimum for winter driving, although I am getting decent friction for acceleration, deceleration and cornering. As long as I pamper the gearbox/engine the first 15 minutes, and wait for all fluids to warm up, all mechanical systems seem to be doing great.

My POS would have gotten stuck quite a few times, whereas the G just negotiates the snow very well. The experience is also made somewhat more enjoyable by the fact that fellow motorist think I might be crazy or at least excentric driving this car during the winter.

Anyone up for a winter cruise in SE Michigan?

Anyone up for a winter cruise in SE Michigan?

I would have been up for it if I had my car.. :icon_mrgreen:

Its the only time my truck is fun to drive since I can "drift" with snow on the ground. But its not as fun as my other toys so I hate it. Im researching areas to move in the South now so I dont have to drive in snow.

:icon_mrgreen:

I like driving in the snow, but not in a sports car ...

26205_1223655952120_1250628939_30489426_5286903_n.jpg

26205_1223656032122_1250628939_30489428_6781727_n.jpg

Andyling may correct me, but I don't think you are driving. I think you may be doing the Backstroke. :eusa_think: Let me consult Michael Phelps...

michael-phelps-081808.jpg

Yea, that is definitely the backstroke!

I got to enjoy a friends LP640 Murcielago Roadster on new years eve here in Michigan as well! No snow, but not typical lambo driving weather either. Drove it from the dealer in Troy back to its home in Grand Rapids. It was a blast even though it rained pretty heavily almost all the way home. Here are some pics he snapped following me home. The car is going to need one hell of a detail in the spring!

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

Andyling may correct me, but I don't think you are driving. I think you may be doing the Backstroke. :eusa_think: Let me consult Michael Phelps...

michael-phelps-081808.jpg

Yea, that is definitely the backstroke!

LMAO

I got to enjoy a friends LP640 Murcielago Roadster on new years eve here in Michigan as well! No snow, but not typical lambo driving weather either. Drove it from the dealer in Troy back to its home in Grand Rapids. It was a blast even though it rained pretty heavily almost all the way home. Here are some pics he snapped following me home. The car is going to need one hell of a detail in the spring!

Quite a few Lambos on the west side of the state? A few reported in on the other forum too from GR.

New Years was a little bit too messy for me to drive so seems this weekend. I'll take it to the NAIAS at Cobo on Friday and Kid Rock on Saturday though, pending weather cooperation...

I know of this one and another friend of mine with a white gallardo that are in gr. I have heard there are a couple in the Holland area as well.

No lambo here but my daily is a blast in the snow! TONS of snow here lately! Does actually VERY well in the snow with dunlop sport winters on it. RWD + SNOW = FUN. Although AWD is fun too.

74873_460294701743_723296743_6180350_652

IMG_20101218_080648.jpg

IMG_20101219_093846.jpg

Just wondering, how come your friend let you drive the Lambo home? (if I had bought a Lambo, I'd want to drive it...?)

Just wondering, how come your friend let you drive the Lambo home? (if I had bought a Lambo, I'd want to drive it...?)

Dont know really. He's just a real nice person!. He let me drive it over there back in October as well. He Has 4 other cars he can choose from driving whenever he wants all summer long (TT V12 sl600, Ford GT, 09 Plastic mess-R1, and 92 NSX) He seems to enjoy it when other people can enjoy his cars. he likes to show them off. He let another friend of mine, who he didn't even know at the time take the Murci for a spin. I've driven his cars many times, which im thankful for. As a way of saying thanks for driving them i always bring the car back with a full tank (even though half the time i pick them up the tank is empty!) and keep them fully detailed through the summer, and do his oil changes for him on everything but the lambo for free.