Today's workout:

4 Rounds:

100 Jump Ropes singles

8 lateral Burpees

16 Decline Pushups

24 Jump Rope Double Unders

32 Situps

Time was 17:31s

Matt, can that get any more complicated lol.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

btw - Swil, you are a machine. That is a hell of a workout after running 4 miles at 8.4. Glad to read that you do hanging leg lifts the right way too...

Thanks man...

Jesus, I don't think I could consume enough calories to support that workout. Are you putting down 10,000 + calories?

I don't count calories, but Im pretty sure its a low calorie count (lucky if I break 3,000, seriously). I try to focus on eating things that have no fat and minimal carb content. I just gut it out, during the week then eat anything I want to, come Sat-Sun. I've literally seen my weight change by 7lbs over a weekend, then by thursday it's back to where it was.

When I want to I can lose 1.5 lbs a day. I'm 5-10 lbs off my target weight, but I don't want to get there too soon. (Sort of like a boxer regimen). Im pretty sharp right now, but I wanna look RAW in the summer... That would be like everyday a weigh-in day, completely stripped down and shredded.

Swil is preparing for the Olympics

:icon_mrgreen: Well, this is what I did today.

30 minute treadmill @ 7.5mph

4 sets of 30 inverted sit-ups and crunches

3 sets of 15 upright hanging twisting leg-lifts knees to the chest and shoulders

Bench press 225lbs 3 sets of 15

hanging body dip presses 3 sets of 10

upright butterfly machine 130lbs 3 sets of 20

3 sets of 15 alternate one-armed shoulder presses 40 lbs

3 sets of 10 crusafix cable pulls inward from the waist to face high, till the wrists touch, 40 lbs per arm

Barbell rapid (as fast as I can), alternate standing curls 30 lbs each arm, only lower to 90degrees and return to touch shoulder, palms facing the body like you're running. 3 sets of 10

Rapid (again as fast as I can) tricept pulldowns, 3 sets of 10 single arm 40lbs

Bicycle crunches (laying on back and pumping-legs twisting shoulders) then aerobics "big ball" sit-ups (go till failure/deep burn)...

In an out 50 minutes DONE.

Then go outside and take a nice slllllooooooow walk around the block.

Pretty much my daily routine or small variations of it. I may run longer or with more intensity/faster, but the body stuff is usually close to routine.

Nice and simple, it doesn't have to be complicated.

I did 100 pullups in 12:35 today, bettering my previous time of 14:21 by 1 min 46 seconds.

Nice job man, that's impressive. What's your 1RM for Weighted pull-ups?

Today:

3x5-8 BB Curls

3x10 Weighted Dips

3x5-8 DB Tricep Extension

Pull-ups until Failure

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 BB Bench

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 BB Row

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 Leg Press

Diamond push-ups until failure

^^ Friday's work out of Bill Starr's 5x5 (with a couple things added)

Starting German Volume Training on Monday

Random Question: How many of you browse Bodybuilding.com?

Nice job man, that's impressive. What's your 1RM for Weighted pull-ups?

Today:

3x5-8 BB Curls

3x10 Weighted Dips

3x5-8 DB Tricep Extension

Pull-ups until Failure

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 BB Bench

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 BB Row

4x5, 1x3, 1x8 Leg Press

Diamond push-ups until failure

^^ Friday's work out of Bill Starr's 5x5 (with a couple things added)

Starting German Volume Training on Monday

Random Question: How many of you browse Bodybuilding.com?

1 rep max for dead hang pull up is 308.4 pounds. 117.4 pounds added and I weighed 191.

German Volume Training from yesterday--Chest and Back

10x10 DB Decline Flys - 90 Sec. rest (superset)

10x10 Pull-ups - 90 Sec. rest (superset)

3x15-20 DB Rows - 60 Sec rest

3x15-20 DB Incline Flys - 60 Sec rest

1 rep max for dead hang pull up is 308.4 pounds. 117.4 pounds added and I weighed 191.

How the hell do you put 117lbs around your waist to attempt that pull up? Is there an easier way than strapping the belt on and putting a bunch on plates on the chain?

Got on my serious program starting last week. Macros are dialed and playing a little with food content, but subbed out full meals for a couple of my shakes and my nutritionist thinks it will make a different. Eating 6x a day plus a pre-workout snack and a post-workout shake. It's tough managing the food prep to be honest. These are the times that a private chef would be extremely valuable. My fridge is 80% tupperware containers. lol. Currently 224lbs at maybe a hair under 12%.

Getting my cardio on after a little break too - intervals a couple times each week and a long (45min) run once a week. Went out and bought a heart rate monitor to see what the "real" calories burned during a workout/cardio is. Some treadmills seem like they vary quite a bit on that calculation, even on the same model, from machine to machine.

How the hell do you put 117lbs around your waist to attempt that pull up? Is there an easier way than strapping the belt on and putting a bunch on plates on the chain?

Got on my serious program starting last week. Macros are dialed and playing a little with food content, but subbed out full meals for a couple of my shakes and my nutritionist thinks it will make a different. Eating 6x a day plus a pre-workout snack and a post-workout shake. It's tough managing the food prep to be honest. These are the times that a private chef would be extremely valuable. My fridge is 80% tupperware containers. lol. Currently 224lbs at maybe a hair under 12%.

Getting my cardio on after a little break too - intervals a couple times each week and a long (45min) run once a week. Went out and bought a heart rate monitor to see what the "real" calories burned during a workout/cardio is. Some treadmills seem like they vary quite a bit on that calculation, even on the same model, from machine to machine.

I use a dip belt with chain and for that lift I used a 100 pound plate, a 10 pound plate, and a 5 pound plate, then theres the weight of the belt. I first weighed myself, then I put all the weight on me and weighed with everything on. I havent done any pull up 1 rep maxes for several weeks, but I am working more on endurance and body weight reps. I started my cut on march 1st, so I am planning on losing about 15 pounds to get shredded for the summer. Already down 3 pounds of mostly fluids from eating very clean and taking in 2 gallons of water a day. I am primed and ready for the body fat to start falling off.

I am about to go eat a half pound burger with bacon and french fries....

mmmmmmmmmm

Shoveled snow from the roof of our cottage.

1m of tightly packed snow at 70m2 area on pitched roof. That's like 15000kg of snow.

I am about to go eat a half pound burger with bacon and french fries....

Yep.......Just like your boys the Heat......You don't have what it takes. :icon_mrgreen:

That DOES sound good though...I'd kill for a good grease drippin, bacon infested, chili topped burger and home fries with Lawry's salt and a Coke.....mmmm

mmmmmust........resssssist........temptation.......aaaaahhhhhhhh

I use a dip belt with chain and for that lift I used a 100 pound plate, a 10 pound plate, and a 5 pound plate, then theres the weight of the belt. I first weighed myself, then I put all the weight on me and weighed with everything on. I havent done any pull up 1 rep maxes for several weeks, but I am working more on endurance and body weight reps. I started my cut on march 1st, so I am planning on losing about 15 pounds to get shredded for the summer. Already down 3 pounds of mostly fluids from eating very clean and taking in 2 gallons of water a day. I am primed and ready for the body fat to start falling off.

Both of you........Run EVERY day. Trust me, you will drop body fat percentage like a mother. The way you guys are lifting, you'll look like monsters within a month. Btw 05LSV and VBox what are your heights and weights?

Now, I don't do any heavy lifting, not interested in size at this point, I'm big enough (6"1' 208lbs). Easy walking around weight eating anything I want is more like 225-230lbs and still not looking chunky. I guess I just carry weight well. So I'm just trying to stay lean and built at this point. High reps, intense cardio good eating. I made the mistake a couple weeks back of having a steak or two and changing my workout, and BOOM, I spiked to 217 in 2 weeks. I don't like that though anynmore (being "buff" and shit like Ronnie from Jersey Shore), I'd rather stay lean and cut. So it's taken me two weeks to get back down under 210......Not sure if I can make it, but if I get to 195........................game over. My body pretty much stopped at 202 last summer, I couldnt go down anymore no matter what I did. 195 or less would make me a fcukin specimen of nature :icon_mrgreen:

Both of you........Run EVERY day. Trust me, you will drop body fat percentage like a mother. The way you guys are lifting, you'll look like monsters within a month. Btw 05LSV and VBox what are your heights and weights?

Now, I don't do any heavy lifting, not interested in size at this point, I'm big enough (6"1' 208lbs). Easy walking around weight eating anything I want is more like 225-230lbs and still not looking chunky. I just have that Running Back type of body, carry weight well. So I'm just trying to stay lean and built at this point. High reps, intense cardio good eating. I made the mistake a couple weeks back of having a steak or two and changing my workout, and BOOM, I spiked to 217 in 2 weeks, all muscle. I don't like that though anynmore (being "buff" and shit like Ronnie from Jersey Shore), I'd rather stay lean and cut. So it's taken me two weeks to get back down under 210......Not sure if I can make it, but if I get to 195........................game over. My body pretty much stopped at 202 last summer, I couldnt go down anymore no matter what I did. 195 or less would make me a fcukin specimen of nature :icon_mrgreen:

I got up to around 190 at the end of my bulk and am 6'4. I just started my cut a week ago and its going well. I used to run, but cant now due to back issues, if you look at previous posts in this thread youll find my story and pictures of me at under 5% bf.

I got up to around 190 at the end of my bulk and am 6'4. I just started my cut a week ago and its going well. I used to run, but cant now due to back issues, if you look at previous posts in this thread youll find my story and pictures of me at under 5% bf.

That's right I remember you saying 6'4". Nice job man... So do you do elliptical or bike for cardio?

That's right I remember you saying 6'4". Nice job man... So do you do elliptical or bike for cardio?

Unfortunately I have done elliptical for cardio for the past couple of years. I might try biking this year, but I dont want to do stationary bike. I really dont need to do all that much cardio since I am an extreme ectomorph (super small bone structure and super fast metabolism). I do it more for good measure than anything else and for health reasons.

265 on bench for 5..YAWN! Can't move up until I do 6. Oh well, maybe next time around.

265 on bench for 5..YAWN! Can't move up until I do 6. Oh well, maybe next time around.

pretty impressive, most ive done 265 for was 1 rep, I wonder if I could get 2.

pretty impressive, most ive done 265 for was 1 rep, I wonder if I could get 2.

The max rep calculator says I should be able to get 3 at 265 based on my max, I dunno about that.

I'm 6'5" about 225lbs. I'm feeling like I'm about as lean as I was at 218 last fall when I did my last DEXA scan and was 11.4% bf, so that's some good progress. I'd like to walk around at 225 at 10%, but this diet is really kicking my ass right now and I love Mexican food and beer. Lol. I don't know if 7-8% is feasible, but I would probably look sweet at that bf - being perfect on the food is just soooo difficult for me.

The max rep calculator says I should be able to get 3 at 265 based on my max, I dunno about that.

I have used that calculator before...don't believe it..lol

But, you should give it a try anyways and see what you can do.. :icon_thumleft:

BTW, has anyone ever tried seeing how many times they can bench press their own body weight? Seems to be a popular competition. The Arnold Classic has it, my local gym has it, and there are a lot of vids on youtube of people doing it. Makes me want to give it a try.

So, who's up first?? Oh, and vids or it didn't happen!! :icon_mrgreen:

Can I use 110lb dumbbells? I don't like flat bench.

I have never seen this type of competition use DBs, but this is LP, not Powerhouse or the Arnold Calssic, so of course you can.. :icon_mrgreen:

I am going to give it a try on Monday which is my chest day. I will report back.

I have used that calculator before...don't believe it..lol

But, you should give it a try anyways and see what you can do.. :icon_thumleft:

BTW, has anyone ever tried seeing how many times they can bench press their own body weight? Seems to be a popular competition. The Arnold Classic has it, my local gym has it, and there are a lot of vids on youtube of people doing it. Makes me want to give it a try.

So, who's up first?? Oh, and vids or it didn't happen!! :icon_mrgreen:

yeah I dont believe the calculator 100% or anything, but it was right about my max bench based on the amount of 225 reps I could do. I did 8 reps at 225 and my max was 280 (calculator said 279).

The next set after the 8 reps at 225, I did 15 reps at 185, which is right around my body weight. I probably could get a few more if I wasnt all tired out, but I dunno if I could reach 20.

How many can you do at your body weight?

How many can you do at your body weight?

I don't know. I have never done it, but I started becoming curious after seeing the competition at the recent Arnold Classic and the advertisements for it at my local Powerhouse gym.

I *think* I can do my body weight 20x, but that is just a guess. I don't have good endurance and I build up lactic acid fairly quickly because of the type of training I do, so I don't expect to do too many reps. I am going to try it on Monday and I'll report back with a video.

If you did 185 15x AFTER doing 225 8x, you will most likely get it 20x when fresh (after proper warm-up, of course) Only issue I foresee in your case is a spotter. Don't you work out by yourself? An exercise such as this, and given that you will go to failure to maximize the most amount of reps, you are going to need a spotter.

hmmm. I think I can probably get the 110s on flat maybe 12-15 times if I'm fresh. I use the flat barbell on close grip bench for triceps and can get 225lb on that for about 10-12.

I wonder if this is below average, average, or above average?