What did you do today?

topcabron

Almost forgot. I did 18 sets of weighted abs and 5 sets of deadhang pullups including 1 set of 12 deadhang weighted pullups with a 45 pound plate (which is a new PR)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good overall size. I am sure you are very strong. Bone structure seems on the lower side of medium for your height

Yep, you nailed it on the bone structure. Blessed to be tall but slightly thin on the bones - I'm more meso (maybe even slightly endo?) so getting/staying lean is all about super discipline on the diet. It's tough for sure. To be honest, I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in now if it weren't for my wife, who is dedicated beyond belief with her fitness.

When I was 40lbs heavier I have to say the strength was addictive. Military press 275 for 10, 225 on flat bench for 20 reps without issue, and curling 80s - lifting that weight might as well have been a drug. Much more modest now (comparatively), but I can still pick up most of the heavier dumbbells in the gym.

Incredible job on the pullups. 45lb around the waist is difficult. 12 reps with a 45 is off the charts. Well done vobx.

VBox-You look fantastically cut. May I ask what is your waist size, and can you share some of your abs routine? Thanks.

Thanks. My waist size in those pictures was around 29.5 inches. Right now I am at 32 inches. For abs I do mostly weighted excercises. Cable wood choppers, decline crunches, crunches on the ball with band resistance, hanging leg raises, oblique side plank raises, variations of decline bench leg raises. I dedicate one day per week to working on core, lately I have been throwing in pullups along with the ab workout, but not doing any less abs.

Yep, you nailed it on the bone structure. Blessed to be tall but slightly thin on the bones - I'm more meso (maybe even slightly endo?) so getting/staying lean is all about super discipline on the diet. It's tough for sure. To be honest, I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in now if it weren't for my wife, who is dedicated beyond belief with her fitness.

When I was 40lbs heavier I have to say the strength was addictive. Military press 275 for 10, 225 on flat bench for 20 reps without issue, and curling 80s - lifting that weight might as well have been a drug. Much more modest now (comparatively), but I can still pick up most of the heavier dumbbells in the gym.

Incredible job on the pullups. 45lb around the waist is difficult. 12 reps with a 45 is off the charts. Well done vobx.

Strong was an understatement, you are a beast. I can do about 8 reps at 225 flat bench, I will never get to 20. I cant military press or do curls without sitting on an incline bench due to my lower back issues. My wife works out too, but I am the fitness nut in the family. Thats really cool that your wife is so into it.

Pullups are one of the compound lifts I can do and am pretty good at, so I am really trying to improve them. My max 1 rep deadhang pullup lift so far has been 117.4 pounds added to my 191 pound bw. I want to get my 45 pound max reps to 15 in the near future. I would also like to eventually get to 30 dead hang bw pullups. Everyone says they can do a lot of pullups until their form is checked and they are forced to go all the way down where their arms lock out straight (or arent allowed to kip), and then they can do about half of what they said they could do.

Ya, that is LEAN. Like you said, I do think you would look better at a little higher BF percentage with a little more muscle mass.

:iamwithstupid:

Very very impressive, keep at it and you will soon have all the mass you need :icon_thumleft:

Very lean VBOX, I had a similar pic once...yeah it felt good having no fat, but with a shirt on - I looked small!! I kept that up for awhile doing slow carb bulking but still wouldn't be getting too big, now I am bulking more, while keeping fat levels under check for later (so re balancing from abs- no abs - abs) and I have to say - we are all afraid of that fat fold on the stomach, or losing the abs, but in the big scheme of things I think I would prefer being bigger because we wear shirts.

also, VBOX did your weights not to go up during the cut? I've found that some of mine were increasing, I think I lost very little muscle mass but I was eating 40-50% protein

Very lean VBOX, I had a similar pic once...yeah it felt good having no fat, but with a shirt on - I looked small!! I kept that up for awhile doing slow carb bulking but still wouldn't be getting too big, now I am bulking more, while keeping fat levels under check for later (so re balancing from abs- no abs - abs) and I have to say - we are all afraid of that fat fold on the stomach, or losing the abs, but in the big scheme of things I think I would prefer being bigger because we wear shirts.

also, VBOX did your weights not to go up during the cut? I've found that some of mine were increasing, I think I lost very little muscle mass but I was eating 40-50% protein

Thanks man!

My weights went up quite a bit during my cut, towards the end they leveled out for a while and then eventually the last couple of weeks they went down. This is to be expected when body fat reaches very low levels. Currently all my lifts are higher than they have ever been in my life.

Most guys who look big have a lot of larger bone structure and are shorter. I will never look huge because of my genetic code (height + bone structure), but I do want to stay fairly ripped, and to always be improving my strength. Ryan Reynolds has the phsique I am after.

If what I achieve is impressive to someone, great, if not, great. All the working out I do is for myself, to see what I can accomplish. I have a wife who loved me when we first met and I had no muscle (and no money) and weighed 170 pounds. She loved me 5 years ago when I was 220 pounds and still had no muscle. And most importantly she loves me now. She could give a flip about how much weight I push or how many pull ups I do.

Thanks man!

My weights went up quite a bit during my cut, towards the end they leveled out for a while and then eventually the last couple of weeks they went down. This is to be expected when body fat reaches very low levels. Currently all my lifts are higher than they have ever been in my life.

Most guys who look big have a lot of larger bone structure and are shorter. I will never look huge because of my genetic code (height + bone structure), but I do want to stay fairly ripped, and to always be improving my strength. Ryan Reynolds has the phsique I am after.

If what I achieve is impressive to someone, great, if not, great. All the working out I do is for myself, to see what I can accomplish. I have a wife who loved me when we first met and I had no muscle (and no money) and weighed 170 pounds. She loved me 5 years ago when I was 220 pounds and still had no muscle. And most importantly she loves me now. She could give a flip about how much weight I push or how many pull ups I do.

Bingo!! Do it for yourself and no one else. Good attitude, brotha.

Destroyed shoulders tonight. Got 3 sets of 15 reps on push press with 135. New PR.

Went ahead and got serious today and got my wife's nutritionist/trainer to lay out a diet for me. Gotta get shredded this year and want to look/feel good for my Cabo trips this year. Get ready...

Destroyed shoulders tonight. Got 3 sets of 15 reps on push press with 135. New PR.

Went ahead and got serious today and got my wife's nutritionist/trainer to lay out a diet for me. Gotta get shredded this year and want to look/feel good for my Cabo trips this year. Get ready...

Push press? What's that? LOL, it seems like I need to get my workout terminology in check.

Today I did a completely different kind of work out that my muscles were not used to AT ALL. I did 12-15 reps on everything, heavily concentrating on the down and up position. It felt like there was a torch on my body each and every time I got to 8-9 reps and the lactic acid build up was INSANE. I learned something about myself today...ZERO endurance. But it was a great change for muscle fibers that haven't really been worked before. I will do this once a month and hopefully break the plateau.

Push press is like a standing military press that you can use the momentum of squatting down and up to help get the bar locked out over your head.

Push press is like a standing military press that you can use the momentum of squatting down and up to help get the bar locked out over your head.

Ahhh, got ya. Thanks..=)

Had a good chest workout last night, surprisingly, because I strained my outer pectoral last week and barely worked out. Started out with flat bench (15 of 135, 8 of 205, 3 of 250, 2 of 300, 5 of 275, 11 of 225). Moved to incline free weights (8 of 85s, 8 of 95s, 8 of 110s, 10 of 100s). Next was decline bench ( 3 sets of 15 with 225). Normally I would have done a few sets of fly stuff after but I was worried that would aggravate the strain. Currently 5'11ish and 172. Would really like to be more cut up but I don't do the dieting part well lol

Chipster - 100s on incline for 10 reps on your 10th set of chest is awesome. Especially for your weight. Nice job...

I try not to take a deep squat and make it more like a standing military press, but on those last few reps, the knee bend really helps!

Last night did

Flat Bench 10-135/10-145/10-155/8-165/10-155/12-145/10-135

Incline Bench-10-105/10-115/10-135/8-145

Tricep Pulldowns-4 sets of 25 at 100lbs.

Doing Biceps/Forearms tonight.

Still weak, but getting stronger every week. Again, my focus is on getting back at it and getting into shape again. Will be putting up big weight again soon.

Had a good chest workout last night, surprisingly, because I strained my outer pectoral last week and barely worked out. Started out with flat bench (15 of 135, 8 of 205, 3 of 250, 2 of 300, 5 of 275, 11 of 225). Moved to incline free weights (8 of 85s, 8 of 95s, 8 of 110s, 10 of 100s). Next was decline bench ( 3 sets of 15 with 225). Normally I would have done a few sets of fly stuff after but I was worried that would aggravate the strain. Currently 5'11ish and 172. Would really like to be more cut up but I don't do the dieting part well lol

Very strong!

Chipster - 100s on incline for 10 reps on your 10th set of chest is awesome. Especially for your weight. Nice job...

Sometimes we do 16 reps. I have a crappy cell phone video of me repping 115s on flat bench and one of me repping 100s on incline. Thanks!

Very strong!

I'm definitely happy with what I do. Unfortunately there is a little guy at my gym (maybe 5'6, 180ish) and he is some kind of record holder but i'm not sure on what level. So while i'm doing decent weight on bench last night, he was over on flat bench doing sets with 150s!! Make me feel like a weakling haha.

Just got back from legs....

This week has been miserable (in a good way). High reps and light weight is sooo much more difficult (IMO) than low reps and heavy weight (which is what I am used to). But I love it.. :icon_mrgreen:

Bicep curls

hammer curls

barbell curls

barbell shrugs

Are you doing bis and shoulders together?

Are you doing bis and shoulders together?

traps workout was added as a spur of the moment thing. I don't do any Trap workouts on as they get huge on their own when i workout, but since I'm doing legs tomorrow, I figured I'd throw it in there. I also consider it a upper back workout. I will be dedicating a full day to shoulders as they are always the last muscles that really develop on me for some reason. Rear delts in particular.

Other thing to note is normally I would do back and bis together. Challenge is the gym at work doesn't have a cable row machine or lat pulldown machine.