What did you do today?

topcabron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 games full court basketball, playing PG. shoulders 15 sets or so, hitting the rear ones hard.

today, 1 hour indoor soccer, 5 games total. Damn that's some cardio right there.

Yesterday:

Flat Bench: got 165-7 times on my last set DAAAAMMMMMNNNN I am weak

Incline bench-to weak to post

Standing cable flys

tricep pushdowns

standing overhead tricep dumbell press.

Yesterday:

4 sets of dumbell curls

4 sets of barbell curls

4 sets of reverse barbell curls (forearms)

Today is shoulders and abs...

DB Military presses

side raises

front raises

bent over laterals

shrugs

abs

Monday will be chest and going for a personal best of 245 on flat bench for 10. 315 is my goal and I am counting down the days till I can get it up half way over my chest without it falling back on me like a ton of bricks. lol

I set a PR today with a 1 rep max 308.4 pound dead hang pullup today (body weight 191 plus 117 pounds added).

What's a dead hang pullup? A wide grip pull up?

What's a dead hang pullup? A wide grip pull up?

Dead hang means you do the rep from a dead hang, so its a full rep. Your arms must be locked out straight when you start the rep.

Dead hang means you do the rep from a dead hang, so its a full rep. Your arms must be locked out straight when you start the rep.

Ahh, got ya.

Now that I know the terminology, I make sure to switch it up between dead hang pull ups and not. By 'not', I mean come down just before locking out and then pull back up and continue the reps for 10-15. This will increase the muscle tension vs. relaxing for the dead hangs, which is good for muscle fatigue.

Ahh, got ya.

Now that I know the terminology, I make sure to switch it up between dead hang pull ups and not. By 'not', I mean come down just before locking out and then pull back up. This will increase the muscle tension vs. relaxing, which is good for muscle fatigue.

Good idea. Have you ever done weighted ones?

Good idea. Have you ever done weighted ones?

Absolutely. But I have never tried to max out on this exercise. I feel maxing out should be left to the basic compound movements (Dead lifts, Bench press, squats) vs. an exercise like wide grip pull ups that really works the muscle as you build up on reps.

Also, becareful when you do dead hangs. Hanging at the bottom of the rep locked out may cause shoulder injury due to the amount of strain that is placed on the shoulder joint from hanging.

Absolutely. But I have never tried to max out on this exercise. I feel maxing out should be left to the basic compound movements (Dead lifts, Bench press, squats) vs. an exercise like wide grip pull ups that really works the muscle as you build up on reps.

Also, becareful when you do dead hangs. Hanging at the bottom of the rep locked out may cause shoulder injury due to the amount of strain that is placed on the shoulder joint from hanging.

Yeah, unfortunately I cant do dead lifts and squats, so pull ups and bench press are the compound movements I try to excel at.

Yeah, unfortunately I cant do dead lifts and squats, so pull ups and bench press are the compound movements I try to excel at.

Ya, believe me, I know all about injuries. At 30 years old, I feel like a vegetable with all the joint pains I have. I am a very small jointed guy, and big weights + small joints = disaster waiting to happen(unfortunately) Maybe when I literally can't walk and need a wheelchair to get from point A to B, then lesson will be learned (and too late) lol

Ya, believe me, I know all about injuries. At 30 years old, I feel like a vegetable with all the joint pains I have. I am a very small jointed guy, and big weights + small joints = disaster waiting to happen(unfortunately) Maybe when I literally can't walk and need a wheelchair to get from point A to B, then lesson will be learned (and too late) lol

I am 6'4 with 6.25 inch wrists and 8 inch ankles, I have an ultra small bone structure so I know exactly what you mean. Disc issues keep me from doing squats/deadlifts, I can do leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises and lunges as long as there isnt a lot of weight added to the lunges.

Shrugs on bar 5 sets 8 reps

Upright barbell rows 4 sets 8 reps

Front lateral raises dumbells 4 sets 8 reps

Lateral raises dumbells 6 sets 8 reps - up to failure

Only 4 people working out on this forum? C'mon. anybody else consistently doing something.

:iamwithstupid:

This thread provides motivation for me to keep going. I only did 2 days this week, but I have a set of dumbells at home that I will use today or tomorrow for a weekend workout. The challenge is after a 14 hour workday, and getting out at 8:30pm without having dinner, I just can't force myself to go. I think if I can stick to 3-6 days each and every week, I will be happy with my gains.

:iamwithstupid:

This thread provides motivation for me to keep going. I only did 2 days this week, but I have a set of dumbells at home that I will use today or tomorrow for a weekend workout. The challenge is after a 14 hour workday, and getting out at 8:30pm without having dinner, I just can't force myself to go. I think if I can stick to 3-6 days each and every week, I will be happy with my gains.

I know the feeling. I get up at 7 a.m., drive 50 miles to work, get out of work, drive 60 miles to the gym, then drive back 10 miles home. I get home at 9 p.m. This is evey day for me, M-F. Weekends I get to relax (until kids come, that is)

I guess it all comes down to how bad do you want it. If you want it bad enough, you will do what it takes. If not, you wont.

I know the feeling. I get up at 7 a.m., drive 50 miles to work, get out of work, drive 60 miles to the gym, then drive back 10 miles home. I get home at 9 p.m. This is evey day for me, M-F. Weekends I get to relax (until kids come, that is)

I guess it all comes down to how bad do you want it. If you want it bad enough, you will do what it takes. If not, you wont.

Dang thats a lot of driving! Reminded me of how lucky I am that I dont have to drive to work or to workout.

priorities.

I guess I am lucky.

Work at 7 am

finished by 4 pm.

4:30pm till whenever is my time to do what I want(provided the wife says okay).

Dang thats a lot of driving! Reminded me of how lucky I am that I dont have to drive to work or to workout.

I'll play you for lodging in basketball! And I come with a great deal of experience of not having to drive to work!

I did something very bad yesterday - I made a lot of delicious walnut brownies.. home cooked warm and moist, with a nice tall glass of milk... it was a feast and my spring break body experiment is going right out of the window

I'll play you for lodging in basketball! And I come with a great deal of experience of not having to drive to work!

I did something very bad yesterday - I made a lot of delicious walnut brownies.. home cooked warm and moist, with a nice tall glass of milk... it was a feast and my spring break body experiment is going right out of the window

Haha, I LOVE brownies...