What did you do today?

topcabron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raced the Canadian Birkebeiner XC Ski Race. 55km in 4h 56m & burned 3543 calories.

THAT I S AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks, I'll be in top form on the bike this summer if I keep my current trainging up. In September I've got the Whistler Gran Fondo. 120km uphill should be an interesting day in the saddle.

Dang thats a lot of driving! Reminded me of how lucky I am that I dont have to drive to work or to workout.

:thefinger: :lol2:

Reminds me of why I have told you before that you are my hero.... :icon_mrgreen:

I work out so I can eat brownies

:iamwithstupid:

Barely cooked brownies mixed with peanut butter here. Best post run treat ever.

18 miles today,2:43, and my knees feel like it. :lol2:

Had some home cooked chocolate chip cookies today. Yummmmmm.. :icon_mrgreen:

What's everyones workout looking like for tomorrow? Monday is usually chest day, no?

I have a rule of thumb that once I do a certain weight 6x clean, with good form, and no spot, I add 10 lbs and try to get that weight 6x. 2 weeks ago I tried 255 lbs on flat bench for 6 and only got it 5x. So, tomorrow I am at it again. 255 for 6x. If I get it, I will start working on 265 for 6x. I can't wait to start working with 275 for 6x (although, that may be a while)

are these 'loaded' brownies? :icon_mrgreen:

are these 'loaded' brownies? :icon_mrgreen:

Can't speak for Jason but there is a very good reason for why there is a french silk pie in my fridge half eaten, an empty pizza box and all my marinaded meat is gone... thankfully I am bulking

oh, and I also discovered the meaning of life twice..then forgot it.

Pull up workout today. Do 100 deadhang pullups as fast as you can. The amount of sets or reps per set doesnt matter, you just go for the fastest total time. First time doing this type of workout, I finished in 18 min 49 seconds.

Little Winstrol, some Deca Durabolin, some HGH, and a bunch of horse tranquilizers for after the workout.

Little Winstrol, some Deca Durabolin, some HGH, and a bunch of horse tranquilizers for after the workout.

Found: everywhere on the beaches of south Florida

40 miles on the bike in 1:48.

Only 4 people working out on this forum? C'mon. anybody else consistently doing something.

I should start posting up - been using my online time to look at fun stuff on the board and ignored this thread after contributing a couple a posts a while back.

I do 1 bodypart a day and lift 5x a week. Cardio is on Sat and Sun only, and I do 35 minutes of varied running with intervals mixed in. I usually skip training Monday and Thursday and lift Sat and Sun mornings to get my 5 days in because the gym is empty on the weekends and it's nice when you don't have douches crowded around you throwing 60lb dumbbells like they're 130s. I tweaked my back a little on Sunday though doing some deadlifts and took Monday and today off because of it. I'll prob hit chest tomorrow for the first workout of the week.

For tomorrow's session, I typically stick to the same routine with chest, the main variation being when I do flat and incline db's in the workout. If I do incline first, I can get up the 120s for 6-7; if I start with flat, I can get up to the 130s, but then incline suffers a tad and I only go up to the 100s. I don't do any flat bench barbell at all, except on arm day when I use it for close-grip bench. I super set my final heavy set of both flat and incline db's with one-arm dumbbell press to failure (40s for incline and 55s for flat), and between my sets of high and low cable flyes, I do ab work - probably 8-9 sets.

Alright, well tomorrow is a new day and I'm ready to hit it after 2 days off.

by the way, PikeMike - does your username come from being a Pike (Pi Kappa Alpha) in college?

by the way, PikeMike - does your username come from being a Pike (Pi Kappa Alpha) in college?

yessir...

There are also a few more Pikes on LP:Gasman and LuisGT3.

Pull up workout today. Do 100 deadhang pullups as fast as you can. The amount of sets or reps per set doesnt matter, you just go for the fastest total time. First time doing this type of workout, I finished in 18 min 49 seconds.

That would also include a hell of a bicep workout. I'll try this sometime.

Back and bis today for me. Legs was yesterday and boy did I want to vomit afterwards.

That would also include a hell of a bicep workout. I'll try this sometime.

Back and bis today for me. Legs was yesterday and boy did I want to vomit afterwards.

Yes, it did. I am pretty sore today, although I also did traps and some extra bicep work after the 100 pullups. To give you an idea of how I did the 100... I did 3 sets of 10, then 8 sets of 5, then 8 sets of 3, and finally 3 sets of 2. It was brutal.

pretty cool - me too. Where did you go to school?

Florida International University in Miami. Kappa Gamma Chapter.

I actually see/hang out with the top brass of Pike once or twice a year too at various events through my work. Really cool group of guys.

Yes, it did. I am pretty sore today, although I also did traps and some extra bicep work after the 100 pullups. To give you an idea of how I did the 100... I did 3 sets of 10, then 8 sets of 5, then 8 sets of 3, and finally 3 sets of 2. It was brutal.

]

Getting through a plateau ? I know one is supposed to switch things up but then I have bright guys tell me it is all BS and just stack your weight up high first, then switch sometime later every 2 weeks or so (high rep, low rep for example)

Florida International University in Miami. Kappa Gamma Chapter.

I actually see/hang out with the top brass of Pike once or twice a year too at various events through my work. Really cool group of guys.

Pretty cool. I was at UF (Alpha Eta) in the mid-nineties. Enjoyed myself thoroughly.

On another note - time to hit chest. Going to overdose on Phenom Amped and NO Igniter shots and listen to the new Stanton Warriors podcast. I'll try not to puke on someone.