Anyone here owned an H1?

oufan2929

I've always loved H1's and have been contemplating buying one. Like any toy it wouldn't be driven except when I'm in the mood. It's been years since I've ridden in/driven an H1 and I remember them being pretty tight and VERY slow, but I still love em. Any thoughts from owners? Very expensive to make repairs to? I wouldn't want to drop the coin on an Alpha 1, so it's going to be an even slower less powerful 6.5l diesel motor. Any input is appreciated. Thanks--Andy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned the Alpha and test drove a standard H1.

Some random thoughts on it.....

I parked it in a condo carpark with no trouble - never once found it too big - never really got any hate - in future I intend to get a Lm002A but loved my time owning the H1.

The standard is not just slow; its like a milk float - in my test drive of the standard I had a hard time merging with traffic safely - at that point I decided to open my wallet for an Alpha - however I know a couple people who have standard h1s and drive them around town ok.

You can also find some standards with the Alpha interior which while still basic is a big improvement looks wise - if I had to get a standard I`d upgrade to the alpha interior.

I had the softtop H1A which looks sick with the roof off - The roof is also super thick and even in snow and wind you dont realise its a softtop - not like a canvas roof at all - I added a soft slant back when the roof was on and it was awesome looking - a slant back for a soft top is like 3.5K IIRC.

I put 10 foot long army antennas on mine, tied down to the front, also replaced the lights with the army ones as well (paint matched to the car) - so many small things to do to make it badass.

Good luck finding your car.

I owned the Alpha and test drove a standard H1.

Some random thoughts on it.....

I parked it in a condo carpark with no trouble - never once found it too big - never really got any hate - in future I intend to get a Lm002A but loved my time owning the H1.

The standard is not just slow; its like a milk float - in my test drive of the standard I had a hard time merging with traffic safely - at that point I decided to open my wallet for an Alpha - however I know a couple people who have standard h1s and drive them around town ok.

You can also find some standards with the Alpha interior which while still basic is a big improvement looks wise - if I had to get a standard I`d upgrade to the alpha interior.

I had the softtop H1A which looks sick with the roof off - The roof is also super thick and even in snow and wind you dont realise its a softtop - not like a canvas roof at all - I added a soft slant back when the roof was on and it was awesome looking - a slant back for a soft top is like 3.5K IIRC.

I put 10 foot long army antennas on mine, tied down to the front, also replaced the lights with the army ones as well (paint matched to the car) - so many small things to do to make it badass.

Good luck finding your car.

Pics?

What kind of mileage did it get? I don't really consider gas expensive, but one major reason I don't buy a G class is that 10mpg is just ridiculous when you think about it. It just feels weird knowing I'm spending like $8 just to drive to the movie theater. I feel like if I'm burning gas, I better at least be moving fast.

Pics?

What kind of mileage did it get? I don't really consider gas expensive, but one major reason I don't buy a G class is that 10mpg is just ridiculous when you think about it. It just feels weird knowing I'm spending like $8 just to drive to the movie theater. I feel like if I'm burning gas, I better at least be moving fast.

It has two gas tanks - once one runs out you flick a switch and the needle rises - that was always cool. Filling it up was like 170+ bucks or so iirc.

I never thought about gas - I think it was 10km a gallon or so - I have a heavy foot and a H1A consumes.

The H1 Alpha is my daily driver. I take it to NYC, Philly, all around, never a problem. I love it!! I bought it new in 2006 and have 80k miles on it. The only way I replace it is with another. When the advert said, "Like Nothing Else" that was 100% spot on. Any questions, feel free to ask, but all you will hear from me is praise. Of all of my automobiles, Lambo, Ferrari, Cayenne Turbo S, RR, Bentley, C63 (wife's car), etc. The Hummer H1 Alpha is the only one I could not live without. Nothing else comes close for me. But, I grew up hard core military, going to Military school from 6th grade on, service, etc.

The H1 Alpha is my daily driver. I take it to NYC, Philly, all around, never a problem. I love it!! I bought it new in 2006 and have 80k miles on it. The only way I replace it is with another. When the advert said, "Like Nothing Else" that was 100% spot on. Any questions, feel free to ask, but all you will hear from me is praise. Of all of my automobiles, Lambo, Ferrari, Cayenne Turbo S, RR, Bentley, C63 (wife's car), etc. The Hummer H1 Alpha is the only one I could not live without. Nothing else comes close for me. But, I grew up hard core military, going to Military school from 6th grade on, service, etc.

STFU, you're making me jealous :icon_thumleft:

What did you serve as in the military if you don't mind my asking?

I've always loved H1's and have been contemplating buying one. Like any toy it wouldn't be driven except when I'm in the mood. It's been years since I've ridden in/driven an H1 and I remember them being pretty tight and VERY slow, but I still love em. Any thoughts from owners? Very expensive to make repairs to? I wouldn't want to drop the coin on an Alpha 1, so it's going to be an even slower less powerful 6.5l diesel motor. Any input is appreciated. Thanks--Andy

First off, Hummers are awesome. However you have to love them. Hummers and Range Rovers are similar in that respect. If you can't live with the quirks then they will drive you crazy. But then again you have to be crazy to own either.... :icon_thumleft:

1992 & 1993 Had the 6.2 Natural Aspirated Engine. These also have a 25 gallon main tank. They also had a bulletproof 3 speed transmission, but can't go above 55. They have very cold air conditioning units as they run on R12 refrigerant.

In 1994 AMG upgraded to a 6.5 NA engine, and four speed GM 4LE80-e transmission. You can go 60-65mph, and the transmission really helped to save fuel and cut down on drive train stress.

1995 models had two engine options, 6.5 NA Diesel or the 350 Gasser. The gasser was for pansies.

In 1996, AMG offered the 6.5NA, 350 Gasser, and finally the 6.5 Turbo Diesel. In 1996 this was the year that AMG added a second fuel tank to the hummer, for the diesel models this meant a combined 42 gallons of fuel storage, 350 Gassers had a 23 gallon tank which sucks when getting 7mpg.

1997 marked the only half year model, or 1997.5. This mid year updated upgraded the HVAC system, and this is the system you will want in any Hummer you look at if you plan on driving. It can be retrofitted to any Hummer for about 5 grand.

Through 1997 and 1998 most were sold as turbo diesels, although they did still sell some NA diesels.

1998 and up were all 6.5 Turbo Diesels, ABS and TT4 (TorqTrac4 traction system) were added. Although the TT4 system this year was pretty weak. 1998 H1s are actually sought after because they lacked ABS and TT4, two systems that some don't like when offroading.

In 2000 AMG offered 16.5" inch aluminum wheels, although in 2002 they discontinued these and replaced them with 17" aluminum wheels.

In 2001 AMG introduced a newer 6.5 TurboDiesel block, which fixed some issues that the #8 Cylindar had on some TD units from 96-2000.

In 2003 the H1 got an Eaton electrical rear locker. Works just as well as the early H1s with torsen l differentials.

2004 they sold the 6.5 Turbo Diesel "Optimizer" motor Had 10 more HP than the old 6.5 Turbo Diesels. The ECU was supplied by Caterpillar. Thiswas the best engine until the Alpha came along.

No Hummers were sold as 2005s.

In 2006 the wonderful Alpha came :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: . Almost everything under the truck is new. The only parts that were the same on an Alpha a 2004/earlier Hummer were the control arms. This is due to the 12,100 GVW rating upgrade. New brakes, half shafts, springs, and sway bars. New steering using a stronger steering gear box. Because the Duramax/Allison engine/transmission was longer than that of previous years, the transfer case had to be pushed further to the rear. This meant AMG had to use a longer front drive shaft. This in turn meant a new fuel tanks. AMG noticed they had an extra two inches of space with the Alphas undercarriage, so they increased the fuel tank size to 51 gallons. Finally, the geared hubs got helical cut gears which helped to reduce noise.

I'm pretty sure those are the biggest changes you need to know of. Hummers actually had changes constantly. This was due to the agreement the US had with AMG over the military trucks. When a flaw was found on the military side, it was changed ASAP and thrown into the civilian trucks.

The worst spot in the truck is the front passenger seat. Nicole Richie would feel cramped there.

In every Turbo diesel I have driven (2001,2004, Alpha) I have gotten between 13-18mpg. Natural diesels still will get double digits. Gassers on a very good day will get 10mpg, but expect single digit economy. Around 55mph in a TD you can get 17-18MPG, this is the sweet spot for the truck on the highway. At 65 you will get around 13mpg, 65 puts a lot more stress on the drive train than 55.Turbos can top out at 83mph, however the transfer case and transmission will get much warmer, and transfer cases tend to implode at this speed.

Figure out what style and year you want.

There are two door with/without extended cabs

Four door open top with full or half doors

Four door hard top

The Wagon

and the rarest model is the 2000 model year Slantback, of which there are only 39.

The most popular H1 is the wagon, followed by the open top, followed by the solid top....

Don't drive one for an extended period of time. Driving one for 3+ hours will exhaust you. They are fun trucks, not comfortable ones.

/public announcement/

I would say that buying a used hummer means you should prepare yourself for the first year of ownerships (this mainly applies to pre Alphas). Often, although not always the case, you are buying a vehicle from someone who didn't want it (usually cost related), so you may have some work to do. Those type of owners (usually the ones buying an H1 for the image and not abilities) neglect them and don't provide them with the proper care required. These are heavy duty vehicles, and as such have a serious (although not difficult, typical diesel truck ) maintenance schedule to follow.

/ end public announcement/

It's very rare to come across someone who doesn't love their H1. Look for ones taken off road. These are almost always in better condition than the highway cruisers. H1s owners who take them off road and beat the crap out of them take care of them. The guy who drives one to the city and mall does way more damage to their drive train than the guy scratching the skid plates. But then again the guy who drives it to the mall is crazy because it would take him ten days to get there, and he would be deaf upon arrival. :lol2:

I hope that answers some of your questions!

Pics?

The key is to move closer to the movie theater :lol2:

Wow you sure know your Hummers! Is the slantback modeled after the one the military uses (I think a lot of the military ones are slantbacks?)?

Wow you sure know your Hummers! Is the slantback modeled after the one the military uses (I think a lot of the military ones are slantbacks?)?

Yup. Same exact press was used for the parts. The difference is the civilian slantbacks got windows, and the military spec got vents. But again, there are still a few variations of military slantbacks.

First off, Hummers are awesome. However you have to love them. Hummers and Range Rovers are similar in that respect. If you can't live with the quirks then they will drive you crazy. But then again you have to be crazy to own either.... :icon_thumleft:

1992 & 1993 Had the 6.2 Natural Aspirated Engine. These also have a 25 gallon main tank. They also had a bulletproof 3 speed transmission, but can't go above 55. They have very cold air conditioning units as they run on R12 refrigerant.

In 1994 AMG upgraded to a 6.5 NA engine, and four speed GM 4LE80-e transmission. You can go 60-65mph, and the transmission really helped to save fuel and cut down on drive train stress.

1995 models had two engine options, 6.5 NA Diesel or the 350 Gasser. The gasser was for pansies.

In 1996, AMG offered the 6.5NA, 350 Gasser, and finally the 6.5 Turbo Diesel. In 1996 this was the year that AMG added a second fuel tank to the hummer, for the diesel models this meant a combined 42 gallons of fuel storage, 350 Gassers had a 23 gallon tank which sucks when getting 7mpg.

1997 marked the only half year model, or 1997.5. This mid year updated upgraded the HVAC system, and this is the system you will want in any Hummer you look at if you plan on driving. It can be retrofitted to any Hummer for about 5 grand.

Through 1997 and 1998 most were sold as turbo diesels, although they did still sell some NA diesels.

1998 and up were all 6.5 Turbo Diesels, ABS and TT4 (TorqTrac4 traction system) were added. Although the TT4 system this year was pretty weak. 1998 H1s are actually sought after because they lacked ABS and TT4, two systems that some don't like when offroading.

In 2000 AMG offered 16.5" inch aluminum wheels, although in 2002 they discontinued these and replaced them with 17" aluminum wheels.

In 2001 AMG introduced a newer 6.5 TurboDiesel block, which fixed some issues that the #8 Cylindar had on some TD units from 96-2000.

In 2003 the H1 got an Eaton electrical rear locker. Works just as well as the early H1s with torsen l differentials.

2004 they sold the 6.5 Turbo Diesel "Optimizer" motor Had 10 more HP than the old 6.5 Turbo Diesels. The ECU was supplied by Caterpillar. Thiswas the best engine until the Alpha came along.

No Hummers were sold as 2005s.

In 2006 the wonderful Alpha came :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super: . Almost everything under the truck is new. The only parts that were the same on an Alpha a 2004/earlier Hummer were the control arms. This is due to the 12,100 GVW rating upgrade. New brakes, half shafts, springs, and sway bars. New steering using a stronger steering gear box. Because the Duramax/Allison engine/transmission was longer than that of previous years, the transfer case had to be pushed further to the rear. This meant AMG had to use a longer front drive shaft. This in turn meant a new fuel tanks. AMG noticed they had an extra two inches of space with the Alphas undercarriage, so they increased the fuel tank size to 51 gallons. Finally, the geared hubs got helical cut gears which helped to reduce noise.

I'm pretty sure those are the biggest changes you need to know of. Hummers actually had changes constantly. This was due to the agreement the US had with AMG over the military trucks. When a flaw was found on the military side, it was changed ASAP and thrown into the civilian trucks.

The worst spot in the truck is the front passenger seat. Nicole Richie would feel cramped there.

In every Turbo diesel I have driven (2001,2004, Alpha) I have gotten between 13-18mpg. Natural diesels still will get double digits. Gassers on a very good day will get 10mpg, but expect single digit economy. Around 55mph in a TD you can get 17-18MPG, this is the sweet spot for the truck on the highway. At 65 you will get around 13mpg, 65 puts a lot more stress on the drive train than 55.Turbos can top out at 83mph, however the transfer case and transmission will get much warmer, and transfer cases tend to implode at this speed.

Figure out what style and year you want.

There are two door with/without extended cabs

Four door open top with full or half doors

Four door hard top

The Wagon

and the rarest model is the 2000 model year Slantback, of which there are only 39.

The most popular H1 is the wagon, followed by the open top, followed by the solid top....

Don't drive one for an extended period of time. Driving one for 3+ hours will exhaust you. They are fun trucks, not comfortable ones.

/public announcement/

I would say that buying a used hummer means you should prepare yourself for the first year of ownerships (this mainly applies to pre Alphas). Often, although not always the case, you are buying a vehicle from someone who didn't want it (usually cost related), so you may have some work to do. Those type of owners (usually the ones buying an H1 for the image and not abilities) neglect them and don't provide them with the proper care required. These are heavy duty vehicles, and as such have a serious (although not difficult, typical diesel truck ) maintenance schedule to follow.

/ end public announcement/

It's very rare to come across someone who doesn't love their H1. Look for ones taken off road. These are almost always in better condition than the highway cruisers. H1s owners who take them off road and beat the crap out of them take care of them. The guy who drives one to the city and mall does way more damage to their drive train than the guy scratching the skid plates. But then again the guy who drives it to the mall is crazy because it would take him ten days to get there, and he would be deaf upon arrival. :lol2:

I hope that answers some of your questions!

The key is to move closer to the movie theater :lol2:

Great info! Thanks! Will an NA diesel be over the top miserable to drive? Or is it bareable if I'm prepared for it to be a slow pile?

I love mine, four years last week and I still enjoy it every time I drive it.

Mine is on 42's, so I am sure it rides rougher and drives worse than most of the other guys, but I love it.

Straight pipe and re-gear and it has moderate power, the 42's kill any fuel economy it may have had.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMGds_0013.jpg

_cid__1227081006.jpg

IMG_00d20.jpg

Mine is on 42's, so I am sure it rides rougher and drives worse than most of the other guys, but I love it.

Straight pipe and re-gear and it has moderate power, the 42's kill any fuel economy it may have had.

What size lift and what brand of lift does yours have to compensate for the 42" tires?

What size lift and what brand of lift does yours have to compensate for the 42" tires?

Just a three inch body lift, they are cheap and it gives you enough to run the 42's.

Travis at Rubber Duck 4x4 is where I order most of the parts for my truck, I know, strange name, but Travis knows his stuff.

Great info! Thanks! Will an NA diesel be over the top miserable to drive? Or is it bareable if I'm prepared for it to be a slow pile?

Bearable, but, IIRC you can retrofit a turbo.

how much is a decent alpha 06'? they look insane!

Heres a general cost range....

92 - 95 cost about 15k - 26k

96-00 cost about 29k - 39k

01 - 04 cost about 45k - 75k

04 - 06 range from 75 to 150k

Alphas are usually 120-150K

I don't know much about the H1 as a whole, but motor wise here is the breakdown:

The 6.5 is somewhat of a bucket. It's a GM built motor that also came in the 3/4 and 1 ton chevy trucks. They can be finicky and even with some mods will never make huge power. For the $$ it cost to mod a 6.5 to do anything special you would be better off buying a 6.6 Duramax (LLY or LBZ model) and swapping that in.

The Alpha comes standard with the 6.6 Duramax LLY and allison 5 spd tranny. The 5spd and 6spd allison are essentially the same, with some changes in the TCM and valvebody. It is possible to convert a 5spd to a 6spd.

That DMax has the potential to make some serious power depending on your budget. For $500 you can slap on a tuner that will bump it up by 160hp/240 ft/lbs. I'm sure that REALLY helps move 4 tons of AMG steel.

If you have the $$, do some motor work, set of compound twin turbos, a dual fueler setup and you're making 800hp :D

12 second H1?

If/when I get one, I'd put a Cummins turbodiesel in it I think.

This is mine. I dont have words for how much I love this thing. I use it off road and its my wifes daily driver.l

Must be quite a woman to drive one those things daily!

As awesome as your Hummer looks, I am most impressed by the fact that you got out in 2 feet of water to take a picture.

Some awesome looking Hummers in this thread. The slant back has always been my favorite looks wise.

Didnt some of the Hummers have a 502 BBC? I thought I remember reading about one a few years ago. Maybe that was an aftermarket swap?

Guest Rob Burgundy

Yes please.. Some pictures

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=820201

Up for auction is the Finest, Original Owner, Lowest mileage and most customized 1999 Hummer H1 that you are ever going to find. This is a fully customized, Level 5 Armored, Dura-Max diesel Hummer H1. This vehicle is perfect inside and out! You will not find a Hummer in better condition. An incredible amount of thought and sweat went into this vehicle to make sure it would be the finest driving, most comfortable armored Hummer ever built. The interior is perfect, the exterior is perfect, the motor and custom suspension is perfect! This vehicle has been lovingly cared for. This Hummer has always been Garage kept and meticulously maintained.

In 1999, this Hummer H1 was bought new by the original owner, At the time, the Hummers sticker price was approximately $110k. The dealer installed about $25k in options. This included the Heavy Duty front brush guard, 6 Hella HID Offroad lights and rack, Custom steel and aluminum roof rack, interior side storage racks and a Warn Series 12 Industrial winch. The Hummer was brought home, stored inside and rarely driven.

In 2003, the Hummer was brought to International Armoring Company in Ogden, UT. Approximately $75k was spent on this phase of the Hummer build. At their facility, it was given Level 5 Armoring with additional crowd control and personal protection devices. These additional options include 40mm Grenade tubes, Remote discharged, Rear deployed Road Spikes, Gun Ports, Roof Access and Electrified Door handles. All devices are armed from a panel in the drivers compartment. This Armored Hummer has fully operable, power front windows. These are a custom option that not only set this Hummer apart from others but really make this vehicle a practical driver. Here is a document from International Armoring listing the work that was completed:

ARMORING SPECIFICATIONS

For: Hummer H1 – IAC Level 5 (Euro B6 / NIJ III)

Base Armor Specifications:

IAC Level 5 (EN 1063 B6) HANDGUN AND HIGH POWERED RIFLE

.357 Magnum (full metal jacket, coned bullet, or soft core), 10.2 g, 425 ms / 158gr. 1450 fps

9mm Luger (full metal jacket, round nose or soft core), 8 g., 381 ms / 124gr. 1250 fps,

.44 Magnum (Full metal jacket, flat nose, or soft core), 15.6 g, 460 ms / 240gr 1510 fps

7.62 X 39mm, 9.3g, 713ms / 145 gr., 2,430 fps

7.62 X 39mm, 7.9g, 822 ms / 123 gr., 2,697 fps

7.62 x 51mm M80 (full metal jacket - or soft core), 9.5 g, 830 ms / 147 gr., 2,700 fps

5.56 x 45 (full metal jacket, pointed bullet, soft core, SS109), 4 g, 950 m/s, / 62gr. 3116 fps

Base Armoring Specification:

Transparent Armor (Glass areas): Windshield, rear glass and side glass was removed and replaced with 41mm bullet-resistant transparent armor. This ballistic multi-layer glass is designed and combined with a polycarbonate inner layer which will prevent spalling upon ballistic impact. The glass is curved and contoured to retain the appearance of the original glass and provided from Isoclima or equivalent source. The ballistic glass would have been tinted to match the OEM tint unless otherwise specified. Driver side should be operable with approx 6"of travel. The co-driver window may or may not have been designed to be operable.

Body: Doors, pillar posts, side panels, kick-panels, firewall, header areas, cargo compartment, rear wheel arches, and rear cargo doors/hatch would have been armored with Armormax ballistic composite material and/or ballistic steel in accordance with IAC Level 5 (Euro EN1063- B6) level of defeat. Elitus® overlap system will have been used around each window and throughout the vehicle to ensure complete protection.

Roof: Will have been armored with Armormax® ballistic composite material in accordance with NIJ IIIa standards level of protection at a 30 degree angle.

Floor: Floor areas will have been armored with multi-ply rigid ballistic fragmentation material combined with Armormax® PAC300, molded to form fit contours of floorboards and panels. Floor protection will have been installed to protect against the explosion of grenades (single German DM51 or US M-67).

Vehicle Structured Modifications: IAC will have reinforced all pillar posts and hinge mounts, added high pressure heavy duty shocks where required, and upgraded other suspension components as required to maintain original appearance and maneuverability of this vehicle. This included: HD sway bars, high tension coil springs and polyurethane suspension bushings.

Additional features included in the base armoring package:

Battery: 2 Optima® bullet-resistant battery.

Door Supports: Hardened plastic door risers installed on all doors to support closed doors at rest. Overextension straps installed to protect door hinges from damage.

Fuel System: Locking Fuel cap.

Fuel tank: Ballistically wrapped.

Operable Window: Driver’s door and front passenger door

Runs flat tire system installed on all 4 tires

Optional Features:

Siren P/A with intercom system.

Operable Driver and Co-Driver Door Window

Load Range "E" Tires for improved stability/Handling

Electric Shock door handles

Smoke Screen

Tack dispenser

Grenade/Rubber bullet launcher

The attention to detail and level of perfection show how serious we were about this project. If you visit International Armoring Corporations website(www.armormax.com), you can read all about their company and the type of work they are known for. If you look in Corporate Information, you will see a photo of this very Hummer. The armoring is of the highest quality and workmanship. From the outside of the vehicle, there is nothing to give away the level of protection this Hummer provides. Very stealth, Very cool.

After the Armoring, due to the additional weight and change of mass, it was decided that more power and better handling was needed. At this time, it was also decided to spare no expense and fully customize the interior and finish off every aspect of the Hummer inside and out. The H1 was delivered to H-Line Conversions (www.hlineconversion.com) in Wichita, KS. Here it was once again stripped to its bare chassis for a complete engine, drivetrain and interior customization. H-line is known for their Dura-Max conversions and this is one of their best. A 750HP/1200 ftlb torque LB7 monster was built for the Hummer. From intercoolers to custom ceramic wrapped stainless steel exhaust, no detail was overlooked. An Edge with Attitude allows selection of power levels from Stock to Race. An Allison heavy duty automatic transmission handles shifting duties. As if this was not enough, a dual bottle nitrous oxide system was installed. This is activated by the green button on the MOMO steering wheel. Very cool! This Hummer is a fire breathing Monster. You will be amazed at the power this Armored Hummer has. Between the weight of the armor and the power of the engine, it was obvious that we needed an upgrade for the suspension and the brakes. The Brakes were upgraded to a Military Spec component. The increase in stopping power is phenominal. Safety and comfort is achieved in all conditions. The Suspension is a custom air ride system designed just this vehicle. It is fully adjustable at each wheel with the digital controller on the dash. From super plush to super stiff, this suspension will handle anything you throw at it. It is truly a work of art! Next, they focused on the interior. Something nicer and more refined than the H1 Alpha wasdesired. That goal was surpassed by far. Every surface in this Hummer is covered either in hand stitched custom leather, Alancantra suede, carpet or custom brushed aluminum. Seats, dash, door panels, headliner, armor and gunports, everything is finished. All four of the leather covered seats are heated. The in dash gauges were replaced with custom Pro Comps. The stereo is an Eclipse AVN5495 6.5" touch panel display CD/DVD/SAT/Navigation unit with amplifiers. Speakers and Sub-woofer are by Kicker. Passenger and rear seats each have a 7" Planet Audio video screen. Front and rear Bel Pro Remote Plus radar and laser detectors and blockers were installed. There is a combination CB/PA/Siren. Each Hella HID light has its own switch in the Cab. A custom set of HID Headlights were installed. A set ofAMP Research automatic steps were modified to work with the armor clad body. For tires and wheels, we chose 18" Beadlock Rims With 38"x15.50 Toyo Open Country M/T tires. Ceramic run flats were used for their bullet proof protection and lightweight. The interior of this Hummer is unbelievable. To my knowledge,there is nothing out there like it. Not only does it offer comfort and performance, it offers the protection of Level 5 Armor. The work that went into this build is really phenominal. You will not be disappointed. This Conversion took over 9 months!

I know it is hard to believe but this H1 has approximately 5,000 miles on it. I cannot verify this by the odometer as all of the gauges were replaced. The Hummer had about 3,000 miles on it before the conversion. Since that time, I have driven about 2,000 miles. Whether you believe it or not, every component on this vehicle is almost new. I have no reason to mislead you!

I have priced this vehicle to sell it very quickly. Don't hesitate or it will be gone. This will be your only chance to buy a vehicle like this at a quarter of the price. Over $400K has been invested in this vehicle. Even if you decided to build your own, it would cost you way more and take over a year to produce. zCall around and see how long the waiting list to get a Hummer armored is!

To the purchaser of this Hummer, I will include a set of Factory wheels and tires. These are 37x12.50x16.50 Military Spec GoodYear Wranglers with solid rubber run flats. They are CTIS ready. I will also include an almost new set of 38x15.50x18 Nitto Mud Grapplers. These were installed at the time of the conversion but they were replaced due to road noise.

To buy this vehicle, a $10k non-refundable deposit must be made to end the auction. The balance is due by wire transfer within 5 days. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. I will assist at my end by meeting your carrier. After the vehicle is paid in full, you can ship it anywhere in the world.

This vehicle is sold as-is. There is no warranty. You will not be disappointed!"