The "Ive got no choice... I have to bitch about Obamacare" thread

Roman

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healthcare should be very high on their agenda, it's equally as important as defense, I'd cut foreign aid and military support and look after the healthcare of my people before I'd help others outside my borders.

:iamwithstupid:

This.

And Wheels, while I may fundamentally disagree with you (and many others on here), you simply cannot say that "Government is historically terrible at running things..." and just walk away, dusting off your hands. Sweeping generalizations are never a good thing, but this one about gov't failure is a pervasive one in this country.

There are a few branches of the government that are HIGHLY effective and have successfully existed with private partnerships for quite some time. These are highly redundant, often quite costly, yet very necessary for our existence. These organizations do not have a profit motive and their leaders do not run their organization like a business, but rather a service to the citizens who pay taxes and even to some who pay none at all. Some would like to privatize them, but that would be a huge mistake. Military, federal law enforcement, national intelligence agencies, and even agencies such as the NWS or NASA are all essential to our existence as a civilized Western nation.

Nobody told the North Koreans.

I am sure Poland will be fine :icon_mrgreen:

Wheels talks about defending European countries from Russian and Chinese threat.

North Korea and Iran, granted are and can be a PITA but at the same time they can be dealt with in one afternoon and the US isn't the only country which can take care of it, anyway as I said I hate talking politics, I am interested in talking and learning about the welfare of others.

And Wheels, while I may fundamentally disagree with you (and many others on here), you simply cannot say that "Government is historically terrible at running things..." and just walk away, dusting off your hands. Sweeping generalizations are never a good thing, but this one about gov't failure is a pervasive one in this country.

do alittle research on medicare and medicaid fraud;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_fraud :

According to the Office of Management and Budget, Medicare "improper payments" were $47.9 billion in 2010, but some of these payments later turned out to be valid.[1] The Congressional Budget Office estimates that total Medicare spending was $528 billion in 2010.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/02/na...-fraud-20120503 :

The amount of bogus Medicare claims, totaling about $452 million

http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releases/...re-fraud-scheme :

$77 million Medicare fraud scheme

this is just the tip of the iceberg on medicare which only covers people 65 or older, if any private health insurance company had this much fraud they would have been bankrupt 100 times by now, with the government they just keep subsidizing it with tax payers money. do you really want to put the government in charge of health care insurance which is going to cover 100 million people?

This.

I didn't say that government is always terrible at running things, but generally-speaking, it almost always is.

There are a few branches of the government that are HIGHLY effective and have successfully existed with private partnerships for quite some time. These are highly redundant, often quite costly, yet very necessary for our existence. These organizations do not have a profit motive and their leaders do not run their organization like a business, but rather a service to the citizens who pay taxes and even to some who pay none at all. Some would like to privatize them, but that would be a huge mistake. Military, federal law enforcement, national intelligence agencies, and even agencies such as the NWS or NASA are all essential to our existence as a civilized Western nation.

These are roles of the government that I think all are in agreement on, minus maybe the most hardcore of libertarians. I think you are mistaking my criticism of government's ability to run things with saying that the government cannot do anything at all and thus we should have virtually no government. That is not what I am saying.

I am sure Poland will be fine :icon_mrgreen:

Wheels talks about defending European countries from Russian and Chinese threat.

North Korea and Iran, granted are and can be a PITA but at the same time they can be dealt with in one afternoon and the US isn't the only country which can take care of it, anyway as I said I hate talking politics, I am interested in talking and learning about the welfare of others.

Look at how Russia invaded Georgia. That was a blatant move aimed at intimidating U.S. allies like Poland and the Czech Republic. Putin, the head of Russia, resents the U.S. for winning the Cold War and is an old-fashioned KGB man who is all about expanding Russian power. Poland and the Czech Republic both felt very betrayed when the U.S. reneged on the promised missile defense technology.

China has been bullying the Philippines. In the 1990s, the Philippines told the U.S. to leave. So the U.S. did. Then the Philippines got a taste of what a real bully is like with China, and now they've been begging the U.S. to come back in (so the U.S. is).

Taiwan is under threat because China sees Taiwan as being a rogue portion of China. Getting control of Taiwan will give China a lot of power projection capability. And China need not invade Taiwan directly. They can do a technique whereby they parachute in a force and take control of the capital and install a puppet government that is loyal to China.

China wants to be the dominant power in that region. U.S. allies in the region will only stand against China if they are sure the U.S. will be there to protect them. If the U.S. is not going to do so, they will fold and side with the Chinese for appeasement purposes.

Regarding North Korea, I am not sure what you mean that they could be dealt with in one afternoon? Perhaps, but with a lot of death involved. And Iran I am not sure if it could be dealt with in one afternoon. Iran is four times the size of Iraq with a population of seventy million people. It has a lot of terrorist connections where it could really make things hellish for the U.S. It could also strike at Israel, and attacking it is not simple.

BTW, an example of how the U.S. underwrites global security and trade is this: about 20% of the global oil supply travels through the Strait of Hormuz every day. Disruption of this supply alone could severely damage global oil markets. Iran would be able to close off this strait, or threaten to, and thus bully the world big-time on this, except that the U.S. Navy protects it and keeps it open.

Be careful, the NSA will get ahold of this and Obama will blame you soon

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/17...care-steps?lite

I will be able to get away, see Wheels's post above, we are on the verge of WW3, everybody is plotting against everybody, the end is near, this is just the calm before the storm, now you better go and enjoy that Aventador of yours, while you still can!

This.

8.5 trillion unaccounted for.

You could literally hire somebody to try to do a worse job than the government at losing and mismanaging money and they still couldn't fcuk it up this badly.

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKB...131118?irpc=932

Oops

http://reason.com/blog/2013/11/19/woman-wh...obamacare-succe

I just watched my mom lose her choice of doctors at our close by hospital because her insurance company through complying with this bullshit has limited their options of where their customers can go. Now she has to go to some shitty regional hospitals out in the middle of the valley while simultaneously having her payments almost double.

I was I shock to hear my sweet little church going mother belt out "thank you so very fcuking much Obama" the other day. It shocked me and made me laugh out loud but I feel her frustration.

She's a cancer survivor and attributes her survival to the exceptional care she was receiving at the hospital of her choice with the doctor she picked. As she follows up and worried about relapsing she no longer has that option. I'm pissed on her behalf.

It is sad really. Everyone that voted for him was lied to on numerous occasions.

I just don't see how Obama or the administration come back from this. People will really start to question the other crap. IRS scandal, unemployment data, and etc now.

An independent analysis by the American Enterprise Institute warns the next wave of insurance policy cancellations could hit next fall. They estimate 50 million to 100 million cancellations.

Second wave of health plan cancellations looms

An independent analysis by the American Enterprise Institute warns the next wave of insurance policy cancellations could hit next fall. They estimate 50 million to 100 million cancellations.

And they implemented this "program" to cover an alleged 15 million without health insurance? Right?

Well, this seems well thought out :lol2:

It is sad really. Everyone that voted for him was lied to on numerous occasions.

I just don't see how Obama or the administration come back from this. People will really start to question the other crap. IRS scandal, unemployment data, and etc now.

Fcuk um'. They didn't and most still don't care as long as they get their free shit! Morals, integrity, pride are foreign to liberals. The end justify the means? The SAD thing is they took all of us with them (down the road to hell).

They questioned it when it was happening but the questioners we're bring called lunatics, wackos and the ever popular racist! And their questions/concerns were and are being swept under the rug. This administration is not being held accountable for ANY of their actions. And sadly, I don't look for this trend to end.

[/quotes]

I hate to say good because it's probably going to be bad for many people. But most Americans have very little memory of things that happened yesterday. So if all hell continues to break loose next fall. It will be a republican revolution at the polls unlike anything we have seen.

Obama is a lame duck president, he has nothing to lose and no real concern about coming back from this.

IMO his opinion is F_ck em all, I won and if you don't like me tough shit.

A real arrogant azzhat he is.