The "Ive got no choice... I have to bitch about Obamacare" thread

Roman

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's insane the guy is nuts! When will his term be up?

Absolutely laughable!

"In the school context, the federal government is now arguing that if a disciplinary rule results in more black, Hispanic or special education kids being suspended or otherwise sanctioned, the rule must be suspect. The "Dear Colleague" letter explains that a disciplinary policy can be unlawful discrimination, even if the rule is "neutral on its face ... and is administered in an evenhanded manner," if it has a "disparate impact" on certain ethnic and other groups.

The inclusion of special education students is particularly perverse, as special ed students frequently get that designation because their emotional disturbances cause them to misbehave in various ways. So if a rule against, say, knocking over desks, is found to be violated more frequently by special ed than regular ed students, then the rule must be questioned? That's circular."

• 3 weeks later...

So... The CBO now projects Ocare will cost 2 trillion dollars over the next ten years. There will be zero change in the number of uninsured (so that would mean if nothing else its a waste of two trillion dollars, since it doesn't do what they said they wanted it to) AND, it will cause two million more people to become unemployed...

Great law...

We could have just hired a bunch of people to throw stacks of taxpayer dollars on a giant bonfire, and watch the money go up in smoke... At least that would have created a job for the guy lighting the match...

So... I have a friend... A good friend actually... He has a sick teenaged daughter... She has celiacs... Found out near the end of last year...

Was being treated for it, but she had lost quite a bit of weight before they figured out what the problem was...

Told me this story last week....

They lost their insurance thanks to Obamacare.

So they went to the exchange... Found a plan... Its expensive... A lot more than what they were paying... But, when it came to the checkout time, evidently the payment side of the website still isnt talking to the coverage side, and neither are talking to the actual third party insurers. This was in around Christmas..

He "thought" he had insurance, but, he didnt know what provider or who the doctors would be. He mailed in his payment... 5 weeks later the check hadnt been cashed and he didnt have any cards... And his daughter is losing weight.

So he calls the help number... Multiple times... Nobody is able to tell him what his status is. Worse, when he calls, he is getting people in India, so the government that is always bitching about outsourcing has outsourced that part of the program. He finally gets "JR in Dallas", who can see him in the system, can see he tried to pay, but cant figure out why he still isnt covered.

"JR in Dallas" calls him back at 4AM (probably much later in bombay) can give him a policy number, and tell him who his group and providers will be.

He lives 200 yards from a hospital.

But his Obamacare hospital is 17 miles away.

None of his old doctors are his new doctors, but his kid is sick, so he calls one. They can see her in... wait for it... 4 months. he says "yeah, shes losing about 10 pounds a month... In 4 months she'll weigh 40 pounds. We need to see a doctor to adjust the medication and her diet and such."

Their answer?

Emergency room! Which isnt very cost effective, nor can it really do what she needs which is ongoing maintenance of a chronic illness...

But it got me to thinking... How many people like him are going through this? But for cancer? And are literally dying thanks to this bullshit....

But it got me to thinking... How many people like him are going through this? But for cancer? And are literally dying thanks to this bullshit....

I think, most likely A LOT. And I'm fairly confident they are very aware of this. . .

With your connections RD, i'm surprised your friend isn't going to be on Hannity this afternoon.

I think, most likely A LOT. And I'm fairly confident they are very aware of this. . .

With your connections RD, i'm surprised your friend isn't going to be on Hannity this afternoon.

He actually one of my connections. Very successful... Somewhat famous. Extremely private. He'll go on Hannity when I join the Brady campaign.

My dad is diabetic AND has celiacs. A lot of things the family will have to get used to as well. Things are definitely much better now than they used to be and almost every big restaurant has gluten free menus. Hope your friend's daughter is back on the mend soon.

Few hospitals around us just released they're not accepting any of the policies provided by the state. One being Stony Brook Hospital (one of the best in the nation). The return claims are just not worth it for them, they're losing money on it. It's a disaster.

So... I have a friend... A good friend actually... He has a sick teenaged daughter... She has celiacs... Found out near the end of last year...

Was being treated for it, but she had lost quite a bit of weight before they figured out what the problem was...

Told me this story last week....

They lost their insurance thanks to Obamacare.

So they went to the exchange... Found a plan... Its expensive... A lot more than what they were paying... But, when it came to the checkout time, evidently the payment side of the website still isnt talking to the coverage side, and neither are talking to the actual third party insurers. This was in around Christmas..

He "thought" he had insurance, but, he didnt know what provider or who the doctors would be. He mailed in his payment... 5 weeks later the check hadnt been cashed and he didnt have any cards... And his daughter is losing weight.

So he calls the help number... Multiple times... Nobody is able to tell him what his status is. Worse, when he calls, he is getting people in India, so the government that is always bitching about outsourcing has outsourced that part of the program. He finally gets "JR in Dallas", who can see him in the system, can see he tried to pay, but cant figure out why he still isnt covered.

"JR in Dallas" calls him back at 4AM (probably much later in bombay) can give him a policy number, and tell him who his group and providers will be.

He lives 200 yards from a hospital.

But his Obamacare hospital is 17 miles away.

None of his old doctors are his new doctors, but his kid is sick, so he calls one. They can see her in... wait for it... 4 months. he says "yeah, shes losing about 10 pounds a month... In 4 months she'll weigh 40 pounds. We need to see a doctor to adjust the medication and her diet and such."

Their answer?

Emergency room! Which isnt very cost effective, nor can it really do what she needs which is ongoing maintenance of a chronic illness...

Stories like this break my heart. I can't imagine not being able to remedy it.

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. Conservatives have believed it has happened and Liberals pretty much don't care (and probably think it's justified).

Sadly, I doubt any wrong's will be righted. Just like Benghazi. Nobody will be held accountable.

My policy already went up $14.25 per person covered per month. As far as the premium, we are locked in until July. Then Im sure we will have a 30-40% gain if we are even still covered under our group plan.

Has anyone else kind of been ignoring health care? I just haven't really felt the need to get it but I think it's time. UGH.

I have not had insurance in a while and peeked at the Obamacare BS. Im now in my 40's and sorta have to find something. It's not not a matter of "if" something happens but "when and what?" now. Before all this ObamaBullshit, my premiums were pretty high, deductible was somewhat decent and my ass was actually covered if something major happened.

Now? It's totally screwed. My monthly premium would be half price, but the deductible is now double, then a 20% coinsurance after the deductible. In summary, if it's a small issue the insurance is totally useless, if I have something major, I'm ABSOLUTE TOAST. Like Roman said. It's not unheard of to get a $500K+ bill. If something major happens, I like most people would be wiped out.

It should be called the Totally Useless and Fucked Plan. I will be paying for insurance and still can't afford to get sick, which is SUPPOSED to be what insurance is for. It's only "affordable" if you don't get sick.

It should be called the Totally Useless and Fucked Plan. I will be paying for insurance and still can't afford to get sick, which is SUPPOSED to be what insurance is for. It's only "affordable" if you don't get sick.

Hey I think you are close to a good name.

May I suggest calling it the TUFF SHIT plan. Totally useless and forever fucked since health insurance tripled.

And the emperor is delaying another provision until after hes out of office... (which he cant do... But hes made himself king).

And the emperor is delaying another provision until after hes out of office... (which he cant do... But hes made himself king).

Until someone or some party decides to grow a pair and do what they are supposed to do.