The "Ive got no choice... I have to bitch about Obamacare" thread

Roman

In fact the more I think about those three twerps the angrier I get.

They are a cancer in the industry. Their uninformed opinion makes other uninformed people think that what those three stooges is saying gospel.

Then you get some dickwad company owner matching over to his IT department in the morning and fires half of the team because he thinks he does not need dedicated people to look after Dbs and so on, all he needs are these three rectum dwelling halfwits to run his infrastructure.

Tits.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 100% agree with capt_chaos (!!!) When I first heard about the website by the three guys, my first thought was similar: what about the back-end infrastructure required to handle all of the traffic?

I agree with Wheels (perhaps a first) and mad. Unfortunately the GOP doesn't have anybody in the wings that doesn't have the typical party hard line stance, hence the strong possibility of another Dem in the White House in the next election.

Losing Va gubernatorial race was hopefully a wake up call to the GOP. But, sadly I doubt it

IMO, the VA race was a wakeup call for both. McAuliffe went from a double-digit lead to winking by with a three point win. If there had been a few more days before the vote, Cuccinelli might have won. And if Cuccinelli hadn't been so hardline conservative he probably would have won. It came down to the wire due to Obamacare, which now has the Democrats scared to death.

I don't know how accurate the numbers are, but my understanding is that Mitt Romney lost by approximately three million votes. Consequently, three million Republicans stayed home and didn't vote, who were disenchanted with Romney. If those three million GOPers had come out and voted, Romney either would have won or lost by a much smaller margin. And this was after his being made irrelevant for awhile due to Hurricane Sandy while Obama got all sorts of good press from it.

If the above is accurate, then Romney was in fact a viable candidate. If the vast majority of those three million GOPers were white, it also would mean that the claim that the white vote is no longer adequate for the GOP to count on is also incorrect (although IMO the GOP ought to be working to attract non-whites regardless).

The problem though, if all this is true, is that the type of GOP candidate that might pull out those three million Republicans to vote could turn away three million independents who did vote for Romney ( ::bangs head:: )

Functionality on different scales.

The databases they will have to show off their "functionality in three days" will be minute compared to the DBs that the government site will handle.

I know people that could draft a simple site with small scale functionality in less than three days and show them up... When the big traffic loads come that is when you have to pay big dollar and that is why it is not easy.

Then factor in you have to over engineer the site for the initial run.

That means every Tom, Dick and Pablo will log into the site when it first goes live. That load level is not indicative of usual running and you have to design it to cope with that level otherwise people complain that the site crashed. 3 months down the line the load levels are different.

So much I could go into and no doubt there are football fields worth of piping hot bullshit to do with OBCare but rest assured that website by three guys is dog shit.

It is not that hard.

You have a web front end and a DB backend. You would basically build 3 to 5 geo separated datacenters with round robin DNS to each datacenter then build 32 - 96 node SQL or Oracle clusters on the back end and load balanced web servers on the front end. You could set all this up in less than a week. I set up 45 SQL servers in 3 datacenters yesterday in about 3 hours.

They didn't have to build the code for the website they just stole what was already there, so building it in 3 days isn't that hard to believe.

Here is the fact of the matter in dealing with the government and why it sucks most of the time. I go out and spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars preparing a proposal on how to do this job, dealing with RFIs, and RFPs, then they put the job out to bid and the lowest bidder with the worst, cheapest coders in the world wins this thing. This is how it has to be done for every government bid. Building and maintaining websites is not a big deal, so there is no way they could sole source this.

To be honest with you if I had to pay more because of my medical conditions, so be it, I wouldn't expect anybody else to pay for it. What gets to me is we are ALL paying for the people who don't have insurance and once again they are taking more hand outs at the expense of others.

85% of the people are paying for 15% that don't have insurance. Ugh sounds like another welfare program to me

President Obama announced Thursday he would offer an administrative “fix” to a provision in the Affordable Care Act -- or ObamaCare -- that forces millions of Americans to lose their existing health coverage by directing insurance companies to allow affected policy holders to renew their old coverage.

The president said states and insurers can extend current policies canceled under health law for a year.

White House officials say a letter going out to state insurance commissioners will specify that current plans sold to existing customers will not be considered out of compliance with the health care law in 2014

While the administration is granting new flexibility, it remains to be seen if state regulators and insurance companies will exercise the option.

Who says insurers will follow it. He "directs" them to, but it doesn't seem to mandate that they comply. Won't this just postpone the madness a bit longer for some?

This is a thinly-veiled PR stunt, not a solution to any current problem.

Who says insurers will follow it. He "directs" them to, but it doesn't seem to mandate that they comply. Won't this just postpone the madness a bit longer for some?

It is exactly that. A PR stunt to make the insurance companies look "evil" to the consumers and position it for a one-payer system push.

So you piss people off now, or piss them off later. What's the difference, it is going to happen. Lets see you already pissed them off, then you are going to go back to them and tell them they have it back, then piss them off again. If I was them I would just say no and make them get a new plan. What can they do? Only thing they could do is switch and they would never get grandfathered in there. If the new plans cost more money then the insurance providers are making more money, they can blame it on Obama and keep the extra in their pockets. They probably didn't like the people on the low policies anyway.

For one, everything he said in todays press conference is bullshit. Its a law, he cant just come in, and change a law by throwing a press conference. And you have to love the free market understanding by our POTUS. Force all these bad business deals on insurance, now try to force them to just eat the bad deals. Thatll work alright. And the most frustrating part, is so many of us saw this from a mile away....

And my dads current policy dropped his dr of 15 years, so now he is struggling to find a policy that will allow him to stay with his current dr. And not get raked over the coals....

^above video^

:jester: :icon_toilet:

For anybody who doesn't get what happened today, let me give you this analogy.

ObamaCarCare was passed on the promise that if you have a car, you can keep your car.

Then last month, we found out that if you have a car, you actually cant keep your car unless it is a five seat sedan, and if not, the car was to be repossessed and destroyed.

Millions of people screamed they didn't need a five seat sedan, but their cars were taken and destroyed and they were supposed to go get a new car through obamacarcare.com, but obamacarcare.com doesn't work yet. And when it does the price for that 5 seat sedan is a lot more expensive than people were used to paying.

Then today, Obama realized his popularity was tanking (37% +/-) he said "if you were notified that you couldn't keep your car, I changed my mind. You can. Go get them from the companies who I ordered to destroy them, but they're not obligated to give them back." And waltzes out of the room like that fixes anything.

Those plans are gone. He has taken a fcuking wrecking ball to the system, and now thats its fcuking broken, (and it is, its a crisis, and nobody ANYWHERE, (left, right or middle) has any idea how to fix it now), he wants to push it off on others to take the heat.

You break it, you own it.

ObamaCarCare was passed on the promise that if you have a car, you can keep your car.

Then last month, we found out that if you have a car, you actually cant keep your car unless it is a five seat sedan, and if not, the car was to be repossessed and destroyed.

Millions of people screamed they didn't need a five seat sedan, but their cars were taken and destroyed and they were supposed to go get a new car through obamacarcare.com, but obamacarcare.com doesn't work yet. And when it does the price for that 5 seat sedan is a lot more expensive than people were used to paying.

Then today, Obama realized his popularity was tanking (37% +/-) he said "if you were notified that you couldn't keep your car, I changed my mind. You can. Go get them from the companies who I ordered to destroy them, but they're not obligated to give them back." And waltzes out of the room like that fixes anything.

Those plans are gone. He has taken a fcuking wrecking ball to the system, and now thats its fcuking broken, (and it is, its a crisis, and nobody ANYWHERE, (left, right or middle) has any idea how to fix it now), he wants to push it off on others to take the heat.

Great analogy.

Don't worry according to Obama it will buff right out.

x04_ferrari_dino_308_gt4_crash_art_.jpg.pagespeed.ic.L5LKEpg9W3.jpg

Wait. So Obama is Milus Cyrus?

miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-video-4-650-43

Sounds like 'Cash for Clunkers.'