There is big trouble in them there hills!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know traction control works on a roll on too?

of course I do. That's why I put it in my post. :icon_mrgreen:

my point is on the 458 platform you cant turn it off say from a second or third gear roll on big boost like you can with the G. The nanny system will be flashing all day long.

I haven't driven the 458, but here is how I see it:

LP560 TT Spyder:

Exterior Looks

Nice interior

Old design

1000rwhp of usable power on pump gas

Convertible which you don't currently have

AWD

you keep your screen name

F458(slightly modded)

Faster than your modded SLR in the quarter without the torque nanny

drama free fast car

newest "cool" exotic until the Mclaren and LP700 comes out

comes with a pair of red shoes, red hat, red shirt-all clad with dancing donkeys

Alex will beat you bad with a few mods in his white car

not a convertible

Sounds better IMO

MUCH Better transmission than the Lambo

GREAT interior

God the 458 is SO SICK looking in Black. :icon_thumleft:

I am not too fond of the interior layout (never been on any Ferrari, ever) but the looks, technology, and the performance all make up for that. Allan, when do you plan on picking one up? :icon_thumleft:

Awesome..sounds like deuce is covered when he's on his period then!

fcuking HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

of course I do. That's why I put it in my post. :icon_mrgreen:

my point is on the 458 platform you cant turn it off say from a second or third gear roll on big boost like you can with the G. The nanny system will be flashing all day long.

I haven't driven the 458, but here is how I see it:

LP560 TT Spyder:

Exterior Looks

Nice interior

Old design

1000rwhp of usable power on pump gas

Convertible which you don't currently have

AWD

you keep your screen name

F458(slightly modded)

Faster than your modded SLR in the quarter without the torque nanny

drama free fast car

newest "cool" exotic until the Mclaren and LP700 comes out

comes with a pair of red shoes, red hat, red shirt-all clad with dancing donkeys

Alex will beat you bad with a few mods in his white car

not a convertible

Sounds better IMO

MUCH Better transmission than the Lambo

GREAT interior

Stock for stock I dont think the ZR1 will win... I dont think this car is faster than my modded SLR.. The SLR would of trapped over 130 for sure.. and I went 11.02 in it with traction problems.. Maybe with a few bolt ons the 458 would be as fast, not sure yet, could be wrong not much seat time.. The lp700 doesnt interest me at all... If the Mclaren comes out and its awesome.. which it should be.. Ill trade up.. But from what i hear they are behind schedule and deliveries will start end of year now..

BIG Plus... Brownie points for possible future Enzo successor purchases..

Work some magic and get yourself one of the initial spyders and you won't lose a nickel for most of a year. Sounds like it is some type of hardtop covert with a slick way of folding. White with the bright red interior! :icon_super:

Man, seriously though, for the money you could rip a 560 Spyder for, you would love it. The 458 is going to cost you another 60-70k. I have put serious miles on a 560 spyder and it is truly, without doubt, one of the best cars just the way it is. I do agree with one thing though, the seats suck. They are responsible for the loss of all the interior room in that car.

Good luck with the choice. Both cars are sick. For the money I would likely go with the 560 Spyder. You know what the great thing for you is though, that you have the ability to make the decision in the first place. Have fun with it man.

God the 458 is SO SICK looking in Black. :icon_thumleft:

I am not too fond of the interior layout (never been on any Ferrari, ever) but the looks, technology, and the performance all make up for that. Allan, when do you plan on picking one up? :icon_thumleft:

The interior is strange.. Pics,, dont do it justice.. Was never crazy about it until my friend came over in his.. When you are in it, awesome...

When do i plan to pick one up....... The car I want is on cosignment... If they take my offer... TOMMOROW :icon_mrgreen: If not... I can order one.. will take a few months ... Dont know if I can wait that long..

Work some magic and get yourself one of the initial spyders and you won't lose a nickel for most of a year. Sounds like it is some type of hardtop covert with a slick way of folding. White with the bright red interior! :icon_super:

That was part of the discussion.. but this.. then maybe jump to a Spider..

Man, seriously though, for the money you could rip a 560 Spyder for, you would love it. The 458 is going to cost you another 60-70k. I have put serious miles on a 560 spyder and it is truly, without doubt, one of the best cars just the way it is. I do agree with one thing though, the seats suck. They are responsible for the loss of all the interior room in that car.

Good luck with the choice. Both cars are sick. For the money I would likely go with the 560 Spyder. You know what the great thing for you is though, that you have the ability to make the decision in the first place. Have fun with it man.

But would you still want a Gallardo having basicly owned one from 2006? Remember I had the 06 SE and the SLR,, then sold the SLR and got the GTT.. Even today after driving the Spider... I was like yes, nice whatever.... The 458 made me smile...

That was part of the discussion.. but this.. then maybe jump to a Spider..

:iamwithstupid:

And these should hold their value far better than anything else that's been discussed... Plus if you want the Enzo successor you need a lot of brownie points.

So which one did you make an offer on? The one you drove, or another one?

Stock for stock I dont think the Plastic mess-R1 will win... I dont think this car is faster than my modded SLR.. The SLR would of trapped over 130 for sure.. and I went 11.02 in it with traction problems.. Maybe with a few bolt ons the 458 would be as fast, not sure yet, could be wrong not much seat time.. The lp700 doesnt interest me at all... If the Mclaren comes out and its awesome.. which it should be.. Ill trade up.. But from what i hear they are behind schedule and deliveries will start end of year now..

BIG Plus... Brownie points for possible future Enzo successor purchases..

was thinking with Alex 458 with full bolt ons vs. Plastic mess-R1 intake, pulley, exhaust, tune. Stock vs. Stock I think 458 wins.

Quarter mile vs. Quarter mile before putting DRs on the SLR IIRC, the 458 should post a much better ET, and very slightly better trap

brownie points for that, and hopefully being able to order more cars at sticker, and being able to sell them at a profit after some driving.

OK..now the "Speak of reason"

1) When you are INSIDE the car driving it, thats all that matters..WHO gives a SH** what it looks like outside

2) Keep any NEW platform 12-18 months for best resale value

3) The car world will ALWAYS change yearly, so unless you plan to live 121 years take each year as an epsiode

4) LAST and not least, it is ALLAN'S money..unless someone else wants to buy him a car for the next year/...BUY what makes YOU happy and gest the most sex from your wife.. (cause I am sure getting tired of flying down to LA and stepping in for you) LOL

A car is a car..drive the F**K out of it and enjoy your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was thinking with Alex 458 with full bolt ons vs. Plastic mess-R1 intake, pulley, exhaust, tune. Stock vs. Stock I think 458 wins.

Quarter mile vs. Quarter mile before putting DRs on the SLR IIRC, the 458 should post a much better ET, and very slightly better trap

brownie points for that, and hopefully being able to order more cars at sticker, and being able to sell them at a profit after some driving.

I dont know.. My SLR trapped 128.7 at a real dragstrip bone stock.. Turbogallardo went 129 on Vbox which would be slower at a dragstrip.. Anyways, not really worried about that.. A ZR1 with pulley will certainly pull the 458..

Dont forget.. Ill still have a modded 997TT to go fast in..

350wbad.jpg

14jti6u.jpg

v4yweo.jpg

ix61cw.jpg

10cuhle.jpg

I know it's a challenge, but its soooo hot in black.

If HRE can make you some monoblocks with that size, offset and concavity, it would be a home run.

The ADV.1 458 is all I can think of when reading this whole thread. That is the SICKEST 1 to date.

The only one that is tolerable. We've said it before but obviously black is the only acceptable color on that car to hide the nonsense of that bizarre front-end.

If you can get the right price I say go for it, and don't touch it. No stupid bolt on TT kit, no nothing besides wheels and some cosmetics.

Then dump it in a year and go McLaren or something else.

Basically lets try not to light money on fire with this one for once... :eusa_wall: