Aventador sold out?

qvpower

http://wot.motortrend.com/geneva-2011-lamb...sold-35641.html

"As you may have heard, Lamborghini has a new V-12 supercar for the first time in 10 years and it’s already a smash hit with the entire first year’s supply already sold out at a reported super car price tag of $379,700 a copy.

Weighing in at nearly 200 pounds lighter than the outgoing Murcielago and packing 40 more horsepower — 700 ponies in total — the Aventador is Lamborghini’s baddest bull yet. You could argue that the styling is highly influenced by recent Lamborghini special editions and concepts and is less of an advance stylistically than the previous leaps from Countach to Diablo and Diablo to Murcielago, and you’d be right. It’s a moot point, though, because CEO Stephan Winkelmann announced today that the first 12 month’s supply is already sold-out even though the price has yet to be announced.

At a recent press event in Sant’####, Lamborghini told us that bringing production of the Aventador’s carbon-fiber monocoque in-house (the Murcielago’s tub was built by a supplier) has allowed it to up production capacity to 3.5 cars per day. Assuming they work five days a week, and discounting holidays, that means Lamborghini can crank out over 900 cars per year. To put that in perspective, the Murcielago sold 4099 copies during its 10-year run. With 900-plus cars presumably pre-ordered, the Aventador is on-track to become the most-successful V-12 Lamborghini the company has ever sold."

Wonder how true this is?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key word = "presumably".

Just the author adding an assumption, but at least he qualified it with an out.

http://wot.motortrend.com/geneva-2011-lamb...sold-35641.html

"As you may have heard, Lamborghini has a new V-12 supercar for the first time in 10 years and it’s already a smash hit with the entire first year’s supply already sold out at a reported super car price tag of $379,700 a copy.

Weighing in at nearly 200 pounds lighter than the outgoing Murcielago and packing 40 more horsepower — 700 ponies in total — the Aventador is Lamborghini’s baddest bull yet. You could argue that the styling is highly influenced by recent Lamborghini special editions and concepts and is less of an advance stylistically than the previous leaps from Countach to Diablo and Diablo to Murcielago, and you’d be right. It’s a moot point, though, because CEO Stephan Winkelmann announced today that the first 12 month’s supply is already sold-out even though the price has yet to be announced.

At a recent press event in Sant’####, Lamborghini told us that bringing production of the Aventador’s carbon-fiber monocoque in-house (the Murcielago’s tub was built by a supplier) has allowed it to up production capacity to 3.5 cars per day. Assuming they work five days a week, and discounting holidays, that means Lamborghini can crank out over 900 cars per year. To put that in perspective, the Murcielago sold 4099 copies during its 10-year run. With 900-plus cars presumably pre-ordered, the Aventador is on-track to become the most-successful V-12 Lamborghini the company has ever sold."

Wonder how true this is?

Sold out means they will sell all there cares to there dealers that is sold out, but than the dealers need to sell them, that's what really sold out is.

Sold out means they will sell all there cares to there dealers that is sold out, but than the dealers need to sell them, that's what really sold out is.

:iamwithstupid:

Maybe I wasn't clear...

The author was just speculating, and he told you he was, by using the word "presumably".

It didn't come from the factory.

It didn't come from PR.

It didn't come from anywhere.

The writer said "presumably" because he assumes that most new flagship models from luxury/prestige brands are sold out in advance. Sometimes that's true, sometimes it's not. So, he presumed that this one is too.

That's it. No smoke here, no fire.

"Presumably".

Our lesson for the day in Jounalism 101. :icon_thumleft:

I thought they said they won't be building cars unless they are preordered by a customer?

Besides, 900 per year has got to be with Gallardo, not just V12 models. In which case that's most likely 300-400 cars a year and it's not far fetched that they'd be sold out of that considering Asian market probably ordered about a 100 of them, another 50-100 in Europe and another 50-100 for the rest of the world.

I thought they said they won't be building cars unless they are preordered by a customer?

Besides, 900 per year has got to be with Gallardo, not just V12 models. In which case that's most likely 300-400 cars a year and it's not far fetched that they'd be sold out of that considering Asian market probably ordered about a 100 of them, another 50-100 in Europe and another 50-100 for the rest of the world.

See above.

Presumably. :eusa_dance:

Maybe I wasn't clear...

The author was just speculating, and he told you he was, by using the word "presumably".

It didn't come from the factory.

It didn't come from PR.

It didn't come from anywhere.

The writer said "presumably" because he assumes that most new flagship models from luxury/prestige brands are sold out in advance. Sometimes that's true, sometimes it's not. So, he presumed that this one is too.

That's it. No smoke here, no fire.

"Presumably".

Our lesson for the day in Jounalism 101. :icon_thumleft:

Read the article Mako. The reporter didn't presume, he just repeated what Winkelman said:

It’s a moot point, though, because CEO Stephan Winkelmann announced today that the first 12 month’s supply is already sold-out ...

Read the article Mako. The reporter didn't presume, he just repeated what Winkelman said:

It’s a moot point, though, because CEO Stephan Winkelmann announced today that the first 12 month’s supply is already sold-out ...

Where does it say that, why am I so blind...

Ha you are right, it wasn't just author speculation, Winky did say the words apparantly. Sorry all, my bad. Good catch Hovik.

I "presumed" I knew how to read basic English, and apparantly that presumption was too much... :icon_mrgreen:

Where does it say that, why am I so blind...

Ha you are right, it wasn't just author speculation, Winky did say the words apparantly. Sorry all, my bad. Good catch Hovik.

I "presumed" I knew how to read basic English, and apparantly that presumption was too much... :icon_mrgreen:

:aiwebs_017:

:icon_mrgreen:

yes, it's sold out for the factory as dealers have already ordered all this year production, but you can have the car this year as you buy from dealers and not from the factory...

and most of them are open orders so you can change colour and trims also next month...

Got this email today:

The bar has been raised with this new V12 model from Lamborghini. Ultra high technology and design have pushed Lamborghini to the top of the super sports car market once again. With super high demand Lamborghini Newport Beach still has 2 open slots available for 2011 delivery.....Call today to reserve yours

From what I know, the dealers are getting half of their annual allotment for 2011, which I believe all dealers now have committed orders for. The portal will not accept an order for a car from a dealer without a specific customer name and proof of deposit attached to it. The dealers are working on orders for the 2012 calendar year which they have up to 7 cars available for the largest dealers (of which there are only a few)--the majority of the dealers are receiving only a couple of cars. The U.S. is supposed to receive around 15% of the annual production.

I think every dealer can order maximum if 5 cars

Kuwait will receive 5 cars and we have 1 dealer

Bahrain the same

UAE 10 cars 2 dealers

KSA 15 cars 3 dealers

There are a LOT of cars ordered. Actually ordered with client names and deposits. Dealers that were falling flat on their faces have in excess of 20 cars with hard money on them. That might change when the rubber meets the road, but I would not be shocked if, according to what the factory requires from the dealer for an order, they are more than sold out for the year. Remember, the "year" is only going to be 6 months long for this car.

There are a LOT of cars ordered. Actually ordered with client names and deposits. Dealers that were falling flat on their faces have in excess of 20 cars with hard money on them. That might change when the rubber meets the road, but I would not be shocked if, according to what the factory requires from the dealer for an order, they are more than sold out for the year. Remember, the "year" is only going to be 6 months long for this car.

Question here please. If the "year" is only 6 months for this car, can we expect 2013MY car orders to start in late 2011/early 2012, and hitting dealers by June/July of 2012?

Thanks in advance!

Question here please. If the "year" is only 6 months for this car, can we expect 2013MY car orders to start in late 2011/early 2012, and hitting dealers by June/July of 2012?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Pete,

No, you will not see a 2012 car until either late December or early January. Then '12 cars will run through the whole year until the end. It is unusual, unless they are doing a mid year special edition model, for Lambo to roll a car early. Not impossible, but you will not likely see a 2013 car until just before 2013. Hope that helps.

Wow. So many mistakes. lol.

Like what has been said, Reventons were "sold out" too. We all know that wasnt true. I do believe that probably had a large amount of orders though.

Hey Pete,

No, you will not see a 2012 car until either late December or early January. Then '12 cars will run through the whole year until the end. It is unusual, unless they are doing a mid year special edition model, for Lambo to roll a car early. Not impossible, but you will not likely see a 2013 car until just before 2013. Hope that helps.

Got it, thanks Chris!!

Can you please explain what you mean by that the year is 6 months long? I must be confused about what the means. Thanks!

I believe Lambo is going down the right path with the introduction of the LP700. So much negativity here. What they don't want to happen is the scenario that has been too familiar the last 3 or 4 years, and that is cars sitting on dealer lots being discounted just to get them on the road and killing the resale market.

Wether it will work or not, time will tell but the car is hot and for a run of the mill superexotic, it is priced right and imo the most important thing, there is a dealer network that can support the car.

So, let's give Lambo some kudos for at least trying to fix what did not necessarily work in the past and stop the constant bashing that has been going on for the last while.

I believe Lambo is going down the right path with the introduction of the LP700. So much negativity here. What they don't want to happen is the scenario that has been too familiar the last 3 or 4 years, and that is cars sitting on dealer lots being discounted just to get them on the road and killing the resale market.

Wether it will work or not, time will tell but the car is hot and for a run of the mill superexotic, it is priced right and imo the most important thing, there is a dealer network that can support the car.

So, let's give Lambo some kudos for at least trying to fix what did not necessarily work in the past and stop the constant bashing that has been going on for the last while.

I agree. However, it remains to be seen whether we will see a plethora of lp700-4 variants like the G in the future... If Lambo's existing strategy of one new model a year continues and applies for the AV, expect the new LP-700 values to drop like rocks.... My suggestion would be to make strides in terms of power and performance and gap out the variants more. This way, better value retention by less market saturation.... That is why if there was 3 vehicles for Lamborghini, every vehicle can have slight changes every2 years through rotation while still adhering to Lamborghini's one new model a year strategy...