Lamborghini Club of America Announcement

Destructo

Hey all, GREAT news! Andrew sent this to me this afternoon to pass along and break the good news on L/P.

Short and sweet: The club is his and he's back as President.

For those interested in the details his release is as follows:

Dear Lamborghini Friends,

The past few weeks for Lamborghini Club America (LCA), the world’s largest organization of members representative of Lamborghini owners and enthusiasts, have been a bit tumultuous, but a situation not untypical with any corporate acquisition. During the course of the sometimes difficult negotiations on the future management and potential sale of LCA, among other things, Andrew Romanowski resigned as President and Roger Wiersema volunteered to step in as President in the interim, as announced on April 8, 2011.

After assistance in the negotiations from various members of the LCA Advisory Board, including Roger Wiersema and Roy Cats, a successful conclusion has been reached.

On Friday, April 15th, 2011, Jim Heady will officially retire from LCA after over three decades of distinguished service. Indeed, without Jim and his wife Joan, the history of LCA would have ended in 1985. One cannot say enough about how important Jim and Joan have been to LCA, to the marque and to Lamborghini enthusiasts around the world. Their tireless support, warm and welcoming inclusive nature, has helped make LCA a car club that both owners and non-owners of Lamborghinis want to join and share experiences with similar car-passionate members.

With immediate effect Andrew Romanowski will return as LCA President, and the ownership transition of LCA to Andrew is expected to move forward smoothly and quickly now that the negotiations have concluded. Roger Wiersema will step down as President of LCA. Roger, who has been an active member of LCA since 1993 and the LCA Concours Chairman since 2005 and has the depth of experience running the placement and judging of all Lamborghinis at Concorso, as well as a wealth of knowledge of vintage Lamborghinis, has yet to determine his new role in LCA.

We thank you for standing by LCA during this time of transition, believing in the Lamborghini dream that we share as LCA members and your continued support of the best car club in the world.

Andrew Romanowski

Jim Heady

Roger Wiersema

It's been a roller coaster the past week, but everything has thankfully worked out.

A big thank you to everyone who has supported my work in the Lamborghini Community - the passion for Lamborghini and the friends made make all this well worth it.

Guest Rob Burgundy
For those of you that cut up your cards there is going to be a special treat. Details to follow!

I didn't cut mine up by I stuck it in dog shit and then flung it like a frisbee into the trash pile ....what a mess lol

I didn't cut mine up by I stuck it in dog shit and then flung it like a frisbee into the trash pile ....what a mess lol

You're covered Rob :lol2:

FYI: You guys will be getting the personalized VIP member cards.

Congratulations Andrew! You deserve this and and much respect for keeping it together during this ordeal.

And definitely a big thanks to Roy. I just have a feeling he helped a bit. :)

A GREAT turn of events!!

The Headys' were always very kind and gracious to me and my wife. All there work over the years is appreciated. Thank you Jim and Joan.

Andrew is THE MAN for the LCA of the future. His passion and depth of knowledge and caring is unmatched. The Club is in EXCELLENT hands. (Andrew, you have been FANTASTIC on Leno's Garage!)

Was worried, but now really looking forward to Monterey!!

And THANKS Roy! (also great job on Leno, the SV was most excellent!)

Give Mr. Cats a hand on this as well, cause i'm sure he was a motivating force behind it as well.

Thanks..just glad I got it worked out to all end all happy...it was my pleasure.

I do need to add that the Heady's past involment with the club is greatly appreciated for where it came to..thanks Jim and Joan...enjoy the retirement!!

For those of you that cut up your cards there is going to be a special treat. Details to follow!

i wanted to, but my lazy g/f pocketed the money :( bitch!

WELCOME THE fcuk BACK ANDREW!

now I have some suggestions for the Web site.... lol

Give Mr. Cats a hand on this as well, cause i'm sure he was a motivating force behind it as well.
this is totally worthy of another, separate post.

THANKS ROY!

It's been a roller coaster the past week, but everything has thankfully worked out.

A big thank you to everyone who has supported my work in the Lamborghini Community - the passion for Lamborghini and the friends made make all this well worth it.

Andrew this is great news, it was driving me crazy all week I couldn't figure out how it could possible be that they would not kill to keep you there, no one seemed to know what was really going on. But it turned out for the best. Looking forward to seeing you at our next event.

Best news I have heard all day, congrats Andrew! good to have you back in the mix of bullshit :bleh: