So... a Royal wedding tomorrow

capt_chaos

Don't care. However...

It would be fun to make a drinking game out of it. Shot for every time Princess Diana is mentioned.

lol! That's actually genius. Cue late night drinking party plans!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Can one of my friends sleep with us tonight?"

"would you like a sandwich?"

"Can we just watch ESPN classics?"

"I only want you to put it in this hole tonight"

"it certainly feels bigger in here than it does in my hand/mouth"

"Can I invite one of my friend's over to make you a sandwich and then we can all sleep with her, I will hold the camera"

"I know this is the first shop we have gone into and I know this dress/shoes are just perfect so we do not need to go in any other shops"

Bingo.

Notice how most of these never happen, except the sandwich and sometimes watching the game without bitching? There is also cooking for you, doing laundry, cleaning, stuff like that - but the guy is usually doing something as well..

my point is, I don't know if it's just me, but the dynamic is kind of messed up. Guy has to get brownie points and redeem them for something like a night out with friends at a questionable location or putting the mastercraft places things only come out from.

For a girl, then, it would seem brownie points would make the guy go "Damn, this girl is cool, I should make sure she sticks around' leading to more serious commitment. For a guy, it is to do stuff she isn't cool with, but this time she will be because you traded enough BP in..

And despite all that, there is 95% your relationship will come to an end and more than 50% chance marriage will fail.

There is a trail of truth somewhere in here..perhaps domesticated animal metaphors could shed some light - but does anyone else see how it is a really strange system?

Bingo.

Notice how most of these never happen, except the sandwich and sometimes watching the game without bitching? There is also cooking for you, doing laundry, cleaning, stuff like that - but the guy is usually doing something as well..

my point is, I don't know if it's just me, but the dynamic is kind of messed up. Guy has to get brownie points and redeem them for something like a night out with friends at a questionable location or putting the mastercraft places things only come out from.

For a girl, then, it would seem brownie points would make the guy go "Damn, this girl is cool, I should make sure she sticks around' leading to more serious commitment. For a guy, it is to do stuff she isn't cool with, but this time she will be because you traded enough BP in..

And despite all that, there is 95% your relationship will come to an end and more than 50% chance marriage will fail.

There is a trail of truth somewhere in here..perhaps domesticated animal metaphors could shed some light - but does anyone else see how it is a really strange system?

It's a very annoying system that started mostly with the sexual revolution of the '60s and '70s and has gotten pretty nauseating over the last 15 years or so.

Something that legitimately angers me is seeing this in real life and glamorized in sitcoms, movies, etc.

What you have is men becoming more like women and women becoming more like men. That dynamic is not healthy nor sexually attractive, nor intimacy building, etc. etc.

People may see it as sexist, chauvinist or whatever but I truly believe that a relationship is at its best when the man is slightly more powerful/desired than the other way around.

You guys are crazy! This is going to be off the hook! I love weddings especially those of the British Monarchy.

Here, let me fix that for you:

OK fair enough but... think of the brownie points with the missus if you know about the dress and the cake.

I am going to be watching it with 6 other women and a shit load of booze and fancy dress in the evening for the general party.

#losing

Banging them all simultaneously for 48 hours while fucked out on coke would be winning.

Re. the wedding: I hate weddings.

What does the royal family actually do besides basically being PR people for the England? Do they have any actual duties in the Government or is it just symbolic?

This is all I have been wondering with all the coverage this week.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government.

I love you fcuking limeys.... But the maintenance of this inbred clan of nar-do-wells is beyond me.

Wait, WHAT? CAPT., you mean you're not IN the wedding??? I thought you'd at least be a bridesmaid! :shocked:

Well I'd stay up and watch if it were this entertaining, but it won't be so...

My GF is waking up at 4AM to start watching it all. :eusa_wall:

I have some bad news for you.. she really wants to get married!

First I have to say I am an absolute Monarchist. The current Queen especially. Someone asked what do they actually do. Well for one they work extremely hard promoting Britain and Britains business and our traditions. This on its own earns hundreds of millions of pounds every year in tourism.

No one else in the world can do pagentry like the Brits can.

Look around the world for the most stable countries, they are all part of ( with the exception of the US ) part of the British commonwealth ( and of course we exported most of the US population from various parts of old empire ) (lol )

So stand up and raise your glasses one and all !!

Show of hands from those of us who couldn't give a fcuk about this whole production. :icon_thumleft:

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: hows this, enough hands..................:D

Speaking as an Englishman...

"Can one of my friends sleep with us tonight?"

"would you like a sandwich?"

"Can we just watch ESPN classics?"

"I only want you to put it in this hole tonight"

"it certainly feels bigger in here than it does in my hand/mouth"

"Can I invite one of my friend's over to make you a sandwich and then we can all sleep with her, I will hold the camera"

"I know this is the first shop we have gone into and I know this dress/shoes are just perfect so we do not need to go in any other shops"

Here there is hope.

Bingo.

Here there is truth.

Here, let me fix that for you:

Banging them all simultaneously for 48 hours while fucked out on coke would be winning.

Re. the wedding: I hate weddings.

Here there is genius; I just soaked my laptop in coffee, thank you Joe.

Not a monarchist myself, but I do appreciate what the Royal Family do for our country as far as tourism & overseas representation is concerned, Phillip's gaffs aside, although they are funny because they are sooo genuine &, I believe, without true malice.

I didn't even realize the wedding was tomorrow. Shows how much interest I have.

i didn't even know about the wedding till i got home and saw my sis watching it on TV..watched it for about 1hour and fell asleep after they got into the church...that was soooooooo boring..

(Royal) weddings are always like this. :)

The kiss was a bit "lame", I thought he was such a partyboy with his brother and didn't expect this.

The kiss was a bit "lame", I thought he was such a partyboy with his brother and didn't expect this.

Just commenting on the kiss makes you a hoooomooooo. :eusa_naughty:

I like Prince Charles because he is a fan and proponent of classical architecture, which I love, and has stopped some outright nutty buildings from being constructed in the UK. I admire Prince Harry and William for their military service. I like Kate Middleton a lot.

I love you fcuking limeys.... But the maintenance of this inbred clan of nar-do-wells is beyond me.

I had been told (I think on this forum) that to actually get rid of the monarchy would require too much of a change to British law is the thing.

I had been told (I think on this forum) that to actually get rid of the monarchy would require too much of a change to British law is the thing.

I bet I could do it in about 15 fcuking minutes.

1. You will now be known as Liz Motbatten. We arent going to call you queen or king or duke or prince. Welcome to the modern world you inbred fuckstains.

2. You're not getting any more tax money, and you're going to pay taxes on whatever job you are able to secure for yourself.

3. You can keep your various properties, but I suggest you sell some off or put up a turnstyle and sell tickets, because based on your objective lack of marketable skills, I think #2 is going to be difficult and you're going to need the scratch.

4. We're going to drop the charade of the house of lords, and the requirement that you agree to the laws the house of common passes. Lets face it, you dont dare object because youre afraid to end up like your cousin the czar. So lets just cut the crap... We can handle the job of running the country just fine without the approval of the red velvet and horsetooth clan.

First I have to say I am an absolute Monarchist. The current Queen especially. Someone asked what do they actually do. Well for one they work extremely hard promoting Britain and Britains business and our traditions. This on its own earns hundreds of millions of pounds every year in tourism.

No one else in the world can do pagentry like the Brits can.

Look around the world for the most stable countries, they are all part of ( with the exception of the US ) part of the British commonwealth ( and of course we exported most of the US population from various parts of old empire ) (lol )

So stand up and raise your glasses one and all !!

:eusa_think:

I bet I could do it in about 15 fcuking minutes.

1. You will now be known as Liz Motbatten. We arent going to call you queen or king or duke or prince. Welcome to the modern world you inbred fuckstains.

2. You're not getting any more tax money, and you're going to pay taxes on whatever job you are able to secure for yourself.

3. You can keep your various properties, but I suggest you sell some off or put up a turnstyle and sell tickets, because based on your objective lack of marketable skills, I think #2 is going to be difficult and you're going to need the scratch.

4. We're going to drop the charade of the house of lords, and the requirement that you agree to the laws the house of common passes. Lets face it, you dont dare object because youre afraid to end up like your cousin the czar. So lets just cut the crap... We can handle the job of running the country just fine without the approval of the red velvet and horsetooth clan.

Off on the Mayflower you go!

So I am watching it right now, three things come to mind:

1) The music is very beautiful

2) I would never have the patience to go through with something like that

3) How pointless it is when the priest asks if anyone knows of a reason why the couple should not wed, speak now or forever hold your peace (as if anyone was going to shout, "Yeah, HERE!!!").

So I am watching it right now, two things come to mind:

1) The music is very beautiful

2) I would never have the patience to go through with something like that

3) How pointless it is when the priest asks if anyone knows of a reason why the couple should not wed, speak now or forever hold your peace (as if anyone was going to shout, "Yeah, HERE!!!").

1. some parts of it are alright..but most parts of it is a mess..i hear it playing in the background and was thinking "what music is that..sounds like 10 different music going on at the same time".

2. same...wayy too boring and long..i was waiting to see who would give up and yawn first..but i fell asleep before i could see it.

3. very lol

Do you understand where this tradition came from and its purpose? (And I have actually been at a wedding where somebody stood up and objected....)

Do you understand where this tradition came from and its purpose? (And I have actually been at a wedding where somebody stood up and objected....)

What was the result?

What was the result?

They got married.... And I won the pool (divorced in less than 6 months, which is REALLY not easy given the time constraints of the paperwork)