It's a wonderful day to be a lamborghini fan!!

Guest Rob Burgundy

Just get a Drophead and take a break from exotics for awhile.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan I was pushing for a Drophead early on when this all started before. It's the best car out there IMO. That is, until you can get your hands on a Veyron.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Are you trying to say you dont like the carbon interior?

LOVE the added carbon. Just thought this one with 3k miles for just over 190k might be a good deal

Just get a Drophead and take a break from exotics for awhile.

:iamwithstupid:

This would make the most sense, play with that and either a PDK 997TT or have Alex build a Datsun for you... Then when you get bored with those maybe there will be some used McLarens or Aventabortions out there.

the SLS is a good car..but u'll get bored of it wayyyyy faster than the 458..trust me.

I agree, as much as I love the SLS it's not going to last very long with you. Personally I think that you wouldn't get bored of a Koenigsegg, but you ruled that out.

SLS = no. I dont get what you like so much about that car. I would rather see you do a GTR build and save up for a Veyron. I dont agree with the 10 mil a year thing.

We all know he is buying an Aventador and TTing it once it gets here.

Hannibal very few of us would purchase a new vehicle at that price point and immediately void the warranty via engine mods.

I dont agree with the 10 mil a year thing.

I understand the point trying to be made however agree it's more a function of net worth rather than annual cash flow.

Hannibal very few of us would purchase a new vehicle at that price point and immediately void the warranty via engine mods.

I understand the point trying to be made however agree it's more a function of net worth rather than annual cash flow.

It's a function of how bad do you want it and how much are you willing to sacrifice to get it. I dont see anything wrong with dropping down 800k on a Veyron if you have the money, and you are ok with affording the costs to maintain it. Are there "better" things you can do with the money? Sure, but IMO, there's nothing wrong with saving up for your dream car, even if it takes years, a lot of people do it on a smaller scale, including many (probably most) exotic and Lambo owners. Just because the Veyron is one of the most expensive cars out there, it doesnt really change the principle. The bottom line is, if everyone waited until they made 12 x the cost of a car (10mil for 800k Veyron) a year, almost no cars would ever get sold. A 30k mustang, well you need to make 360k a year to afford that, a 200k Lambo, well, you better be making 2.4 million a year before you buy one one those...umm no.

I see these exclusive cars (Veyron, Enzo, Pagani) as a challenge, something to strive for, cars that you just walk into a dealer and just write a cheque for become boring few months later, ask Allan, when you reach that point you strive for something else.

I guess being in a market where most exotics are unavailable or prohibitively expensive has its perks, you tend to cherish them for a bit longer, at least 6 months longer I would say :icon_mrgreen:

To put it perspective $800k to $1 mil Veyrons here would sell like hot cakes :icon_mrgreen:

SLS = no. I dont get what you like so much about that car. I would rather see you do a GTR build and save up for a Veyron. I dont agree with the 10 mil a year thing.

I dont agree with the 10 mill a yr thing either..

First of all, you can't touch a Veyron for 800K. Like I said, it would be a beat one and fixing it would be stupid. So 1 million is a probably pretty damn close.

So, if a car is lets say 1 million dollars and if you equate that to 2 million in earning before taxes, what would your yearly income have to be, to be able to afford a 1 million dollar car??

I'm not in that category so, I'd love to hear from some of the finance guys what that would take?

First of all, you can't touch a Veyron for 800K. Like I said, it would be a beat one and fixing it would be stupid. So 1 million is a probably pretty damn close.

So, if a car is lets say 1 million dollars and if you equate that to 2 million in earning before taxes, what would your yearly income have to be, to be able to afford a 1 million dollar car??

I'm not in that category so, I'd love to hear from some of the finance guys what that would take?

First off you can CERTAINLY touch a Veyron for 800k.. Not a ragged out beat one either.. Just out of warranty.. Its also impossible to equate what one can afford earning 1 million dollars..

You can have one guy with massive debt to income, vs the other with the home free and clear, zero debt etc who could easily afford a Veyron making 1 mill a year.

First off you can CERTAINLY touch a Veyron for 800k.. Not a ragged out beat one either.. Just out of warranty.. Its also impossible to equate what one can afford earning 1 million dollars..

You can have one guy with massive debt to income, vs the other with the home free and clear, zero debt etc who could easily afford a Veyron making 1 mill a year.

Yeah, as far as financing one, I have no idea what the requirements would be. I think that if you are in a position as you said, where you have little monthly obligations/debt, and can stomach the cost of owning one, 1 mil a year is plenty.

This is the "norm" for financing a vehicle over the 100K value currently..of course a lot tougher than it has in the past.

1) 20% of the purchase or lease fee down (less with extremely high credit score, own property for over three years and less then 10% debt to income ratio...but then most in this case pay cash)

2)Debt to income ratio under 64% based on credit report and verifyed last two years of income

3) Of the 64% no more then 31% revolving credit, so in another words debt of REAL property owned, at least last 18 months having REAL property ownership

4) Credit rating above 670 score

This is just the basics, of coures there is exceptions to any rule, I.E. more down, 40% down opens a lot more options.

I've got my money on a Mclaren next... which will be the greatest thing since sliced bread for a few weeks and dwindle out to boredom faster than the rest.

Another thing to keep in mind is where you live too...

$1 million a year to own a Veyron in Montana vs. a $1 million a year to own a Murci in Manhattan....comparable. :icon_thumleft:

It's a function of how bad do you want it and how much are you willing to sacrifice to get it. I dont see anything wrong with dropping down 800k on a Veyron if you have the money, and you are ok with affording the costs to maintain it. Are there "better" things you can do with the money? Sure, but IMO, there's nothing wrong with saving up for your dream car, even if it takes years, a lot of people do it on a smaller scale, including many (probably most) exotic and Lambo owners. Just because the Veyron is one of the most expensive cars out there, it doesnt really change the principle. The bottom line is, if everyone waited until they made 12 x the cost of a car (10mil for 800k Veyron) a year, almost no cars would ever get sold. A 30k mustang, well you need to make 360k a year to afford that, a 200k Lambo, well, you better be making 2.4 million a year before you buy one one those...umm no.

A Mercedes Benz marketing exec once said in an article that the typical client earns about 2.5x the price of the car per year.

S Class at $90k ~ $250k/year salary.

BTW, this Veyron thing is getting annoying. For such limited personal experience with the car, a lot of us are hyping it a bit much, IMO.

I'm gonna side with Kane on this one, not so much from an earning point of view but more because I think an F40/288 GTO or Murci SV/Diablo GT, etc. collection makes more sense.

To put all of your eggs in one basket for a Veyron....don't like the idea. If you have tons of money, fine.

In that case, any novelty is welcome. :icon_thumleft:

That dumb cunt Suze Orman would have a stroke if she saw this thread. :lol2:

1. "Out of warranty Veyron".

Can you even imagine what shit would cost to fix/replace on that car if godforbid ANYTHING goes wrong on it? How devastating that could be for the little guy who already stretched by using 25 to 50% of his net worth just to get in the driver's seat?

And that guy isn't going to be able to wheel it on down to SP or any other unauthorized shop to fix it, because the NEXT buyer will be vetting the entire repair history of the car with a magnifying glass. And the NEXT buyer matters greatly to the little guy, because he needs the money out of the car since it's such a major chunk of his post-tax earnings for the previous X amount of years.

The next buyer would walk away at any repairs not done by Mother-VAG, no question about it. This is not a Lambo or some limited mass-produced car like say an FGT. A big price concession would have to be made by the seller to sweep that stuff under the carpet.

Either way, the potential for financial devastation for that guy is rediculous.

Can you imagine when that thing's gasket blows or clutch goes out or timing belt needs replacement or WHATEVER bullshit-that-typically-happens-to-these-cars occurs, the hit for the low-net-worth guy is off the freaking CHART.

Everything with this car is a six-figure repair bill.

Keith is right, there is just no way the little guy can even think about playing with this loaded .357. It's not a Gallardo, or something where the maximum potential loss is easy to see and absorb.

A bad Veyron experience could cost someone 20% of the car's value in an instant. :shock: