Visit to the mothership.

Just thought I'd quick post up some of my current trip to Italy. I edit with some commentary later.

Below:

Me, Emilio, Fabio (Lamborghini), Alberto, Greg

Emilio & Wife

post-1035-1305897573_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1305898345_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Fabio Lamborghini's Museum and the monument erected in the square of Lamborghini's birth place.

I've been here a week and will be here for another week and a half so more pics to come.................................

post-1035-1305898499_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1305898524_thumb.jpg

Beautiful..so lucky.. I stayed at a Hotel on Lake COmo as well for a week..was great to just waslk around the top of the lake, all the little eating places and at night a pretty good bar life as well. The private museum and the center statue were a blast as well. EMillio look like he lost a little weight? He was such a great guy to meet when I was there as well, had me out to a GREAT lunch and then we went to the first Home of the man him self where he had a garage of old stuff still...

Correct on the LP700..I dont think you will see the first customer car to the USA till late Sept early October at the BEST case!

Have fun!

Was the trip to Mecca worth it? Going to Rome next month, and I want to make sure it is worth the 2-4 hour trip before I e-mail or call them.

Great pics, nice afternoon with mr. Fabio, pleasant group: glad to meet you, your wife and your friends.

Next time i will wait for you at Garda Lake, that's even better. And with your Diablo, not with a Ford.

:icon_thumleft:

ciao

Great pics, nice afternoon with mr. Fabio, pleasant group: glad to meet you, your wife and your friends.

Next time i will wait for you at Garda Lake, that's even better. And with your Diablo, not with a Ford.

:icon_thumleft:

ciao

Albert,

What are the best places to see in Italy other than the tourist traps. I love to see the awesome places only the locals know about.

Again-I am staying in Rome for 3 days pre and 1 days post my 7 day cruise.

Going to be there on Monday, well hopefully, I've had a lack of response to my emails to the factory. Have to hope they are open when I get there. Can't wait to see the Estoque!

Albert,

What are the best places to see in Italy other than the tourist traps. I love to see the awesome places only the locals know about.

Again-I am staying in Rome for 3 days pre and 1 days post my 7 day cruise.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...53414&st=40

there are so many beautiful places in Italy that you can go everywhere you want.

I live 300 miles north of Rome, i do not know perfectly that zone. Go to have dinner in Trastevere quarter at night, go to Piazzale Garibaldi to see Rome from an high point.

Tuscany region is very beautiful: Firenze, val d'Orcia (bagno Vignoni, Rocca d'Orcia, Pienza, Capalbio).

Portovenere, 5 terre, Santa Margherita Ligure, Portofino (all in Liguria Region).

We have 4 beautiful lakes in the North: lake of Garda, lake of Iseo, lake of Como, Lake Maggiore.

Venezia is a MUST.

Elba isle is very beautiful.

It depends also in what you are interested in and where you are: let me know

ciao

It was great meeting the northern Italy contingent of LP! A GREAT bunch of guys!

OK - the LP700

As of last week they only had 2 assembly stations setup. Now all the stations are set up and all stations have a LP700 tub in place with groups being trained at each station. I also found out that they are not all going together as planned but I would suspect this is typical for something like this. There were only two finished cars there and no pictures allowed. There was one which was 90% finished in flat black that looked positively evil! There were an additional 9-10 in various stages of assembly. We were told that the current cars are exclusively for dealers showroom. None will be made for customers until ALL dealers get 1 showroom car. We were also told that at peak production they will be producing 2.6 cars a day 5 days a week. YES only 2.6 cars a day! They were not sure that with the current crew that they could do that and may have to hire a second shift which would delay them more because of training.

I'll arrange some gelato photos for Alan.

Got to run to Malpensa airport to pick up some friends. Will report more soon.....................

Was the trip to Mecca worth it? Going to Rome next month, and I want to make sure it is worth the 2-4 hour trip before I e-mail or call them.

Honestly if you don't get/do the factory floor tour don't go. The museum is now very small. Just about everything you see in the few pictures I posted is about all that's there. The museum is only open 4-1/2 hours a day. It opens at 10AM and closes for lunch. We had first tour (10AM) and it appeared that if your name was not on a list you didn't get in. Also keep in mind (no offense) things happen on Italian time. The museum was supposed to open at 10AM (tour enters through museum) it did not open until almost 10:20. Though everything comes across as very exclusive it can be a rather informal one on one adventure if you make contact with the right people. If you have any choice/pull connect with Christina (left below). Very nice person and very knowledgeable.

There was some Dutch/German putz there who greeted me at the door and kept following me around asking if I was here with my husband!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

post-1035-1305969563_thumb.jpg

ciao David!!

we had a really good time toegether

all nice and very friendly people

just a pity that with 4 lambos we had none at the meet :eusa_doh:

we will do better next time!!! ;)

say ciao to Denise for me!

EMillio look like he lost a little weight? He was such a great guy to meet when I was there as well, had me out to a GREAT lunch and then we went to the first Home of the man him self where he had a garage of old stuff still...

correct

i lost some 15 lbs from that meet :icon_thumleft:

sure, and i can say the same for you, Roy

a pleasure for me

hope we can meet soon here in Italy again