Norways first terrorist attack

vilhelm

Has there been a massive shipment of stupid pills been air dropped over the States?

Idiots in this thread have straight up put Islam in the firing line for this within the first couple of pages.

That is a fcuking stupid idea. That line of thinking is preposterous and utterly idiotic.

When no facts were given they jumped to a massively incorrect conclusion and it is a incorrect on a massive level.

Then people are reaching straight for AQ. Again not thought through.

So once again, look at the major atrocious actions that have happened in the USA, take the whole Western world. What is the profile of the people involved. Yet as soon as something big happens people post up about Islam. Utterly idiotic nonsensical and ludicrous.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been a massive shipment of stupid pills been air dropped over the States?

Idiots in this thread have straight up put Islam in the firing line for this within the first couple of pages.

That is a fcuking stupid idea. That line of thinking is preposterous and utterly idiotic.

When no facts were given they jumped to a massively incorrect conclusion and it is a incorrect on a massive level.

Then people are reaching straight for AQ. Again not thought through.

So once again, look at the major atrocious actions that have happened in the USA, take the whole Western world. What is the profile of the people involved. Yet as soon as something big happens people post up about Islam. Utterly idiotic nonsensical and ludicrous.

:rolleyes:

Search for 2083 A European Declaration of Independence on a torrent site to get his book. This guy is out of his mind!!! 1500 pages of how-to's, what to consider when planning an attack etc... WTF!!

Search for 2083 A European Declaration of Independence on a torrent site to get his book. This guy is out of his mind!!! 1500 pages of how-to's, what to consider when planning an attack etc... WTF!!

Good way to find yourself on a government watchlist.

Capt. I really don't want to make this thread political. As it should be to mourn the victims in Norway. The vast majority of major terrorist attacks have been Al Qaeda in the last 10 years including your country.

The hate westerners have asmentioned has nothing to do with Islam, it has 100% to do with Al Qaeda and terrorism in general.

Care to elaborate.

Capt. I really don't want to make this thread political. As it should be to mourn the victims in Norway. The vast majority of major terrorist attacks have been Al Qaeda in the last 10 years including your country.

I think Mike summed it up perfectly.

The hate westerners have asmentioned has nothing to do with Islam, it has 100% to do with Al Qaeda and terrorism in general.

You were making it political with your posts. I was aiming at the ignorant fools that blamed Islam.

The terrorist tag attack tag is a very broad stroke therefore inaccurate but we can get to that later. Right now you can answer this.

On actual US territory soil, name the attacks other than 9/11 that have been AQ.

Name actual attacks that have been foreign terror.

Ignore the the hits on US embassies and US Service people*, I am talking about what fits the profile of the kind of attacks in line with what has happened in the Norway.

Statistically the threat of international terrorism is low. Again take 9/11 aside the last couple of major attacks look at the profile of the people behind those attacks.

This sad, needless incident in Norway is a hate act. It does straddle the lines but it is essentially a hate act. Again, look at the profiles of the people behind hate crimes within the actual United States. Describe their profile.

Look at the profile of the person that was executed in Texas this week for a hate act.

With regard to your last comment, check the first couple of pages of this thread and count the mentions of Islam and AQ.

*Attacks on the US embassies in Yemen etc are outside of this type of attack simply because they are not actually on sovereign soil.

*Attacks on the US embassies in Yemen etc are outside of this type of attack simply because they are not actually on sovereign soil.

US embassies are considered sovereign United States soil last time I checked.

When I think terrorist, I think al Qaeda and muslim extremists. When someone else wipes out 3,000 innocent lives in one shot, I might start to think otherwise. I am pretty sure that total far eclipses all domestic terrorist acts on US soil.

You were making it political with your posts. I was aiming at the ignorant fools that blamed Islam.

The terrorist tag attack tag is a very broad stroke therefore inaccurate but we can get to that later. Right now you can answer this.

On actual US territory soil, name the attacks other than 9/11 that have been AQ.

Name actual attacks that have been foreign terror.

Ignore the the hits on US embassies and US Service people*, I am talking about what fits the profile of the kind of attacks in line with what has happened in the Norway.

Statistically the threat of international terrorism is low. Again take 9/11 aside the last couple of major attacks look at the profile of the people behind those attacks.

This sad, needless incident in Norway is a hate act. It does straddle the lines but it is essentially a hate act. Again, look at the profiles of the people behind hate crimes within the actual United States. Describe their profile.

Look at the profile of the person that was executed in Texas this week for a hate act.

With regard to your last comment, check the first couple of pages of this thread and count the mentions of Islam and AQ.

Last attack of this kind in the US would have to be Oklahoma City, '95 at the hands of an American. Originally was thought to be a foreign led operation.

We do have the World Trade Center bombing in '93, also AQ organized and executed.....*could* have been worse than 9/11 if the execution was better.

But that's as far back as middle eastern attacks go in the US. How quickly history changes.....Saddam & Bin Laden were US allies in the '80s.

Of this I am aware hence the use of italics. The theory is that an Embassy can be moved whereas to different property as per the countries needs whereas actual Sovereign land is defined by its borders which cannot be moved.

I am referencing to actual homeland attacks as this would fit the profile of what happened in Norway.

When I think terrorist, I think al Qaeda and muslim extremists. When someone else wipes out 3,000 innocent lives in one shot, I might start to think otherwise. I am pretty sure that total far eclipses all domestic terrorist acts on US soil.

I don't think Capt is trying to diminish the significance of the muslim terrorist attacks, just trying to isolate 2 attacks in last 20 years from the 80-100 before it.

I'm relieved this turned out to be a Norwegian and not al Qaida or something. First all of it feels safe again, since this most likely was a one man operation, and we won't get the race/religion crap. Had it been al Qaida, thinks would have been a lot more uncertain.

capt were your statements aimed at what I said? Because I still stand by that. Norway is harboring known terrorists and Norway is way too relaxed with their foreign policy.

capt were your statements aimed at what I said? Because I still stand by that. Norway is harboring known terrorists and Norway is way too relaxed with their foreign policy.

:iamwithstupid:

Not you at all and I would not expect you to post nonsensical stuff, I don't believe you are that kind of person.

Strangely enough British GQ this month have a story on Swedish immigration policy (which was deemed a successful concept) and how it is falling apart and inducing more hate crime and if I am not mistaken there is very little between the two countries immigration policy.

Whilst we are talking about different countries. The cartoon uproar, that was Denmark not Norway.

We are playing a game of semantics here. It doesn't matter which way you say it though, this was a TERRORIST attack.

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)

This sick fcuk targeted the building he hit because of the PM and the island because it is a camp for youth of the Labor Party.

I will be honest, my first thought was AQ or some other radical Islamist/Muslim group, because despite what has happened prior, the majority of recent terrorist attacks through out the world, were at the hands of AQ, Taliban or some other Islamic/Muslim Radical group. And because of that it doesn't matter what has happened further in the past. The fact is that it is only human to hypothesize when something like this happens. I am not saying that it's right, I am just saying that it happens.

I actually did go back and re-read the entire thread, and I only found 1 comment that may be construed as targeting Islam as a whole. Most of the other posts about allowing Islamists into Norway were usually referenced to Sprites post about letting KNOWN terrorists into Norway.

Obviously we know now that it is not a Radical Islamic based attack, but it was a fair assumption at first, given the type of attack and the fact the it was multiple attacks coinciding.

I think at the end of the day, we can all agree that "Radical/Extremist" anything, religious/political/otherwise is never good and that this attack, no matter the perpetrator, is a horrible event.

I'm relieved this turned out to be a Norwegian and not al Qaida or something. First all of it feels safe again, since this most likely was a one man operation, and we won't get the race/religion crap. Had it been al Qaida, thinks would have been a lot more uncertain.

I wouldn't feel that safe either... there are more right winged extremist movements who will commit to such actions in the following years. I don't know why the governments in Europe don't put them to a stop... all they do is infiltrate these movements to track their actions instead they should arrest everyone involved and lock them up for good.

And to continue why I don't want guns in Europe is because of this: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/24/...E76N0JR20110724

The incident began when an unidentified man drew a gun during an argument at a birthday party at the rink. He opened fire, shooting five people dead and wounding four others, and then shot himself, Brimmer said.

this happens too often, someone gets into an argument and the only solution in his current state of mind is to get his gun.

I just read that he might face a whopping 21 years in jail. With good behavior he can be back out in 14!!

Hey- Dont be such a hardass.... Thats 1.8 months in prison for each person he killed.... :rolleyes:

It appears a lot of people were more horrified about the fact this guy was a White right wing Christian and not an Islamist rather than the horror of the event itself. All that Muslim-bashing brought to an abrupt halt and replaced by a sudden 'oh sh*t he's one of us' realization. Right wing extremism is a bigger threat to Europe than AlQaeda/Islamist extremism. There has been an alarming rise in the number of right-wing hate groups in Europe in recent years and things could get uglier in the months ahead especially if the continent struggles economically.

You make a post to call out people who assumed and grouped a terrorist attack to AQ, then promtly went and assumed by grouping all Right wing Christians together under the same thinking. Even went as far to predict further attacks by "these people". So by normal intelect that means the terrorist attacks you see you assume "right wing extreamist". Interesting.

Pot meet Kettle.

Weird video... I hear the sound of the breaking glass.... But no explosion? Was the video off during the blast?

It looks like it just went off before he started filming, he didnt say anything..

One more died tonight from the wounds.

Mini submarines are searching 24/7 around the island, but harsh weather is making it hard.

I work a couple of minutes from the scene, not looking forward to tomorrow!

I do believe there is still 3 tonnes of fertilizer/bomb left, as he had 6 tonnes to start with.