UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Yeah, I get that they have to hype the "franchise" player, but Rogan went a cut above that IMO. If you watch some of his interviews it's ridiculous. There a snippet of one where he is practically crying, praising Rousey's skill as a gifted athlete from another planet..

I'm glad for Holly. Rhonda was the bully and got served. Hopefully Holly will get some of the well deserved spotlight.

Rogans use of TRT, growth Hormone and probably steroids more than likely have him on an emotional rollercoaster...I have seen other people like this on that stuff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Part IV of those videos is being made.

Also, does anyone know why Ronda would not have flied private to avoid the media? (or did she fly private and the media went into the private airport?). I mean she has to have the money to be able to fly private I'd think.

In this interview, she said that she works harder than Holly and is willing to die for the sport, whereas Holly just wants a paycheck (!!!). That about a multi-time world champion boxer who fought with a broken arm and still won: LINK

Rogans use of TRT, growth Hormone and probably steroids more than likely have him on an emotional rollercoaster...I have seen other people like this on that stuff

I wonder why he'd need that stuff. I mean he's like forty-eight years-old, he ought to be able to maintain a decent physique and health with weight training and proper nutrition. That kind of stuff I'd think would be if he had to make a career out of fighting at his age, and thus was using every little thing to help.

This is the fourth video. It is a combination of footage of the first three, along with totally new footage as well:

I wonder why he'd need that stuff. I mean he's like forty-eight years-old, he ought to be able to maintain a decent physique and health with weight training and proper nutrition. That kind of stuff I'd think would be if he had to make a career out of fighting at his age, and thus was using every little thing to help.

Vanity

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/23/9600...rousey-mma-news

I had no idea Joe Rogan had fallen so much for the Ronda myth. I mean there's where you say someone is clit-sucking (or cock-sucking), but he really seemed to have fallen for the whole thing. And yet he's a knowledgeable martial artist and martial arts commentator. I wonder if the Ronda hype is like a case study in how some people can so fall for something that it causes them to end up completely suspending their critical faculties and see what they want to see versus what is actually there if they fall for the hype of something (people who knew boxing and even MMA but who were not on the Ronda cult easily saw the holes in her game).

And Joe Rogan's face after the knockout is just gold.

Rogan says so much stuff he knows is wrong, but it is his job, and not his professional opinion.

It's always "toughest challenge yet", "no holes in his/her game", "he/she has the perfect style to beat X" etc.

Aldo vs McGregor (W)

Wideman (W) vs Rockhold

Who you got??

Going to be a great main card!!

Aldo vs McGregor (W)

Wideman (W) vs Rockhold

Who you got??

Going to be a great main card!!

On paper, best card of the year. Will be great.

I think McGregor grinds out a W in a war. Weidman submits Rockhold.

Souza v. Romero and Maia v. Nelson will be good to watch too.

On paper, best card of the year. Will be great.

I think McGregor grinds out a W in a war. Weidman submits Rockhold.

Souza v. Romero and Maia v. Nelson will be good to watch too.

it will be great to see McGregor against Aldo finally. I wonder how much damage Aldo can do with the kicks. I'd honestly love another Holly Holm moment with Aldo shutting the Irish's mouth...I think McGregor will likely attack the body of Aldo to try to find that weak rib...if it goes to a 5 round grind though, I would not be surprised to see Aldo win. I just hope his weight cut goes well and has gas in the tank, because Connor certainly seems to have a lot of gas.

Weidman vs Rockhold...tough tough fight to call. I would not be surprised to see Rockhold win it. Woodman has great wrestling, Rockhold great BJJ, but I feel like Rockhold has the stand-up game...and supreme confidence...

Jacare vs Romero...I go with Jacare on that one...Romero always gasses...it will be a perfect time for a trip by Souza.

Maia vs Nelson...I'll go with youth and Nelson here...rapidly improving athlete...must have had a great camp with SBG...

I hope Max Holloway can pull it off too against Stephens...

I'm VERY excited for this card.

-Olivier

I'd honestly love another Holly Holm moment with Aldo shutting the Irish's mouth...

Me too! Conor went from entertaining to annoying to obnoxious really quick. Aldo is on another level compared to what Conor been fighting so far, I hope he comes in motivated and in good shape. Over a year since his last fight though. Aldo by TKO in round 3?!

Weidman vs Rockhold - I predict 5 boring rounds ending in UD for Weidman :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the weigh-in and I found that Conor looked soooooo strained due to the weight cut. He looked TIRED...it looked like a tough weight-cut honestly. He did not look exactly like this in his other weigh ins. Maybe just me, but that was my impression. Aldo looked like his normal self.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow night. Having a bunch of friends over and making 5 lbs of pulled pork with beer tasting. It's going to be a good evening. :)

Conor looked like a meth addict at the weigh ins, but he didn't look too healthy at the last weigh ins against Mendes yet he did OK.

I felt bad for Vanzant. Another overly hyped fighter getting a taste of defeat when faced against an actual skillfull fighter.

Conor looked HOOOOORRRIBLE at the weigh-ins. Truly like a concentration camp victim. And with a fighter (in Asia, I think) recently dying from weight-cutting, this looked really, really scary-bad to me. I think the banning of IV's for rehydration is going to cause serious problems sooner or later. Someone's either going to die (or close to it) at or around weigh-in time, or someone is going to die or get horribly concussed in the fight the next day because their brain has no protection, since it's not adequately rehydrated.

That said, even with the weight-cutting issues aside, I think Aldo is going to embarrass Conor. It's not going to be competitive. Might not end in the first round or anything, but Jose is going to dominate him pretty much the whole time, and finish him in Round 2 or 3. TKO of some sort.

I think Weidman-Rockhold is going to be a GREAT fight and is really, really hard to call, but I'm thinking Weidman is just a half-notch above Luke. Luke will land some good shots, some flashy kicks, and he'll push the pace a lot, but a lot of his shots won't land as effectively, even though he'll throw a ton of them. I think Chris will control the octagon space more, be the aggressor, often smother him with pressure, back him against the cage, take him down a fair amount, and probably do damage with his top game. It probably goes to a decision (win for Weidman). Second most likely is Weidman submits him in Round 4 or 5. Those are more predictions. :icon_mrgreen:

Mendes losing to Frankie Edgar by KO on Friday was quite surprising. It puts in perspective what Conor did to him...Conor throws heavy leather, no doubt, and has impressed massively in the last few years. Yet, I can't shake the thought that Aldo will probably make him look quite a bit worse than his previous fights. Not saying it will be easy for Aldo, because I don't think it will be, but he is more versatile than Conor, which is quite uni-dimensional to be honest.

The only truly impressive wins from Conor are Poirier (how easy it made it look to KO a pretty solid guy) and Mendes (he was coming off the couch, with like 14 days warning). The rest of the guys he faced are simply not really impressive wins in terms of quality of opposition. Aldo has been beating everybody in the division, and making it look pretty easy, for quite a few years now; Conor simply faced a couple of selected guys who tried to bang with him instead of taking him down like Chad did.

Anyways, it will be VERY interesting. There is a lot of pressure riding on his shoulders, and I don't give a fcuk what he says about how "light it feels" to carry this whole game, it is now. He wants that $100M contract and all the perks that come with it? He needs to demolish Aldo, plain and simple, to silence the doubters and get that money. If he loses tonight, everybody, except the Irish nation, will point and laugh. If that does not mess with your mind, just a bit, the day following a horrendous weight cut, then he truly deserves to be world champion.

I just don't think it will happen. :)

Conor looked HOOOOORRRIBLE at the weigh-ins. Truly like a concentration camp victim. And with a fighter (in Asia, I think) recently dying from weight-cutting, this looked really, really scary-bad to me. I think the banning of IV's for rehydration is going to cause serious problems sooner or later. Someone's either going to die (or close to it) at or around weigh-in time, or someone is going to die or get horribly concussed in the fight the next day because their brain has no protection, since it's not adequately rehydrated.

That said, even with the weight-cutting issues aside, I think Aldo is going to embarrass Conor. It's not going to be competitive. Might not end in the first round or anything, but Jose is going to dominate him pretty much the whole time, and finish him in Round 2 or 3. TKO of some sort.

I think Weidman-Rockhold is going to be a GREAT fight and is really, really hard to call, but I'm thinking Weidman is just a half-notch above Luke. Luke will land some good shots, some flashy kicks, and he'll push the pace a lot, but a lot of his shots won't land as effectively, even though he'll throw a ton of them. I think Chris will control the octagon space more, be the aggressor, often smother him with pressure, back him against the cage, take him down a fair amount, and probably do damage with his top game. It probably goes to a decision (win for Weidman). Second most likely is Weidman submits him in Round 4 or 5. Those are more predictions. :icon_mrgreen:

You probably shouldn't bet on these.....

I know it's easy to say it now in retrospect, but Aldo was mentally defeated. I mean, the first look at Conor was after the 1st bell. Some may call it strategy or protocol, but I saw it as a scared man.

Rockhold did a great job. Not much to criticize there. Props to him.

Looks like UFC 200 will have a few rematches.

Was very surprised Rockhold manhandled Weidman like that. He just looked like a bigger, stronger fighter. Not sure what to say about McGregor. That left was nasty, but it happened so quickly it still leaves me wondering how the fight would have gone if he didn't land it. Maybe he would have beat Aldo up and KO'd him a bit later, or maybe not.