Floor

OCMurci

Hey guys... if you have'nt seen the RACEDECK site for your garage floor... check it out. You can custom make your floor to fit your car, colors, theme, etc.

I installed into my garage and it was very easy and looks great not to mention easy to keep clean.

015.JPG

006__2_.JPG

013__3_.JPG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.

I hope to do mine in Black Epoxy with silver flake when I have the time to get around to it.

Below are 2 examples. One is Black Epoxy only, and the M5 has the flake in it.

post-679-1320090946.jpg

garage.bmp

Go with the flake if you must choose between the two. It will get dirty at the shifting of the wind. It look gorgeous, but don't expect it to look that good 24/7.

I was going to do the plastic tile but after I looked at some samples, they looked a bit 'plasticky' to me so I ended up doing epoxy. I recommend going with a light color like tan, beige or light grey; it makes the garage look much brighter.

Img_2651sm.jpg

I ended up doing epoxy. I recommend going with a light color like tan, beige or light grey; it makes the garage look much brighter.

How old is the floor?

How has it held up?

Does the floor ever get wet (from a wet car), if so is it slippery?

Black floor sux. I did mine in AZ black. gets dirty immidietely.. Tire tracks etc. shows everything

Did it have flake or all black?

Ditto on the race deck and fluids. Oh and dont use jacks on it either since it will squash the floor. I hated the stuff and epoxied after it. Much much better!

How old is the floor?

How has it held up?

Does the floor ever get wet (from a wet car), if so is it slippery?

It's only a few months old so I can't speak for longevity

I poured water on it to test the slipperiness, and it's not slippery. The flakes create a high-friction surface. In fact it's much less slippery than the old concrete floor. IMO the flakes are a must, not only because they reduce slipperiness but because they hide imperfections like hairline cracks. You can also get a lot of different looks by using flakes.. like granite or marble even.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread....

We are considering a race deck "tile" floor.

Anyone care to weigh in on how they hold up? Ease of cleaning? Do you really need a plastic sheet underneath? (our garage has a drain).

We routinely jack up cars to do brake bleeds and sometimes to swap wheels or change brake pads. Does the race deck hold up to jacking up a car and leaving a car on jackstands possibly overnight or for a few days?

Is epoxy slippery when wet? How does it hold up to traffic, cleaning, etc?

Trying to figure out whether to opt for epoxy or a tile like race deck.

IMO racedeck is more novelty than any kind of function. If you use your garage for lore than parking it sucks.

Epoxy is great but slicker than Shit if you spiloil on it. They have stuff like sharkgrip you can mix in that makes it a lot more slip resistant.

Might I offer two other suggestion.

Acid stain the concrete and then seal with a super hard 2 part epoxy clear. It looks AMAZING! I did my garage this way in a brick red and it came out great. I'll get some pics later when I'm home.

Another idea. Use real porcelain tiles and tile the whole thing. Done right with the proper tiles its no problem to drive on, use Jackstands, etc.

IMO racedeck is more novelty than any kind of function.

This^

I've had racedeck down on my garage for the past 5 years - sort of OK but not that great really.. As others have mentioned it sort of looks and feels a bit cheap, not very practical if your car drops oil and totally unsuitable for jacking....

It's coming out next month and being replaced with porcelain tiles.

Yeah I have it and wouldn't do it again. It wasn't too expensive but like others have said, Jacks end up leaving massive dents in the tile, and fluids go straight through. It expands quite a bit in the heat. No doubt I would go the epoxy flooring that others use when I update the garage.

I had race deck tiles for a few years. I had a 4 post lift on it and used jacks and never had any issues. Under the cars I had a plastic framed rubber "sheet" for lack of a better term. Cant exactly remember what it was called but that would keep any fluids, melting snow,etc off the race deck tiles.

I had race deck tiles for a few years. I had a 4 post lift on it and used jacks and never had any issues. Under the cars I had a plastic framed rubber "sheet" for lack of a better term. Cant exactly remember what it was called but that would keep any fluids, melting snow,etc off the race deck tiles.
why don't you have race deck currently? What is your current floor?

Would you do race deck again?

Interesting that you had no issues with jacks leaving dents while others have had problems with dented tiles.

RaceDeck does a commercial line designed for auto shops and such you can drive forklifts on that would be much worse than any floorjack. I would look into that if you're concerned about denting.

RaceDeck does a commercial line designed for auto shops and such you can drive forklifts on that would be much worse than any floorjack. I would look into that if you're concerned about denting.
Yes - we saw that on the website. Thanks - good suggestion.

Acid stain the concrete and then seal with a super hard 2 part epoxy clear. It looks AMAZING! I did my garage this way in a brick red and it came out great. I'll get some pics later when I'm home.

:iamwithstupid: Had epoxy, last a few years then got dull and then started to lift. Plastic tile well it's plastic so looks cheap. I loved to see your concrete floor Emanon.

Sorry I should clarify, it's not floor Jacks that leave dents but Jack stands. Unless you have some Jack sands with wide feet or some kind of flat bottom to spread out the pressure. For example, my kickstand on the hayabusa is roughly a quarter sized bottom and it doesn't leave an imprint.