Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Roman

Lot to be thankful for......as usual. Time to take a break and recognize those who are important in our lives.

Thank you lambopower for being my number one go to forum.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a lot to be thankful for. Take a moment and think of the troops overseas who are away from their families on Thanksgiving protecting our freedom. They go where they are told and fight whoever they are told to fight. God Bless Them and Keep Them Safe!

Happy ThanksgivIng my fellow United Statesians.

Happy belated Thanksgiving Canadians

Happy Gariciasgiving Mexicans.

From Romandads 2009 Thanksgiving thread when someone from another country who wasn't familiar with our holiday asked what it was all about. Of course a great answer was given..

"The English Settlers of Plymouth Massachusetts, in 1621, landed in what was basically a wilderness, and decided to settle there. They had already survived a HORRIBLE, two month journey at sea. They faced horrible weather, and had to ultimately abandon their original destination when the provisions ran low. When they disembarked, they ran into further hardships. They were able to find some supplies, but the land they were on was terrible, and having good intentions, they felt guilty that they were on a stretch of land they didnt have a right to (unlike the original landing spot). They ultimately had to abandon the first settlement within a few weeks, get back on the boat, and ultimately landed again at Plymouth in mid December, which to this day is an area of the country that has some of the WORST WINTER WEATHER of anyplace in the America's.

There they werent even able to begin building shelters until Christmas Eve, because of the fierce wind and cold. Building of the settlement was SLOW and Arduous, as the pilgrims, unlike previous, almost ALL MALE settlers to the Americas, were seeking RELIGIOUS freedom, and thus brought their FAMILIES with them. In Late Winter, they made their first contact with the Native Americans, and as providence would have it, they had the great fortune to find that among the Indians they encountered was one who had lived in Europe for five years and who was fluent in English. Squanto acted as a negotiator for the Pilgrims and the Indians, was crucial in a declaration of peace between the two, and gave a great deal of support to them during that first winter.

But the winter was VERY hard. Half of the 100 settlers died before it was over. But despite their horrible losses, the remaining Pilgrims recognized that it was a miracle ANY of them survived. They viewed the ASTRONOMICALLY UNLIKELY presence of an English speaking native in the area they mistakingly landed at as another sign of God's intervention. And when the first year was over, they sat down to have a feast, with their Indian benefactors to thank GOD for preserving them through it all."

Happy thanksgiving! Wish everyone the best.

My plans were spun around, my grandma called me this morning not to tell me to come pick her up for thanksgiving dinner but she needed to be taken to the ER. So here is to my grandma (Bubba I call her) getting better, watching football and LP in the ER!

Happy thanksgiving! Wish everyone the best.

My plans were spun around, my grandma called me this morning not to tell me to come pick her up for thanksgiving dinner but she needed to be taken to the ER. So here is to my grandma (Bubba I call her) getting better, watching football and LP in the ER!

Have an extra serving of turkey