What would the LEAST desired Countach be?

Allan-Herbie

Least Desirable Countach?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Least Desirable Countach?

• Carbed 2 Valve
    • F/I 2 valve
    • F/I Qv
    • Anniversary

Out of curiosity what would you consider to be the least desirable Countach available? I know we have many past and previous owners here so Id like to get your opinions...

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The anniversary cars!

Who let them add all that garbage to the cars? Notice all the CT's you see for sale are the anniversary cars.

I'm not saying they are bad cars, they just need a makeover.

Kind of like Lindsey Lohan..... Used to be naturally hot until she ruined herself hollywood style.

I voted Anniversary myself, BUT that is considdering the injected cars do not have the big ugly US bumpers. Any Anniversary way before anyone of these:

Lamborghini_Countach_US_spec_5000QV.jpg

The anniversary.....lambo with a toupe. Same thing happened to the Panteras. They kept adding "stuff", messing up the lines. Purely a tactic at that point to move an ancient car until they could introduce the Diablo.

A burned to the ground countach.

Frankly, there is no such thing as a less desirable CT. The anniv injected is desirable for those who really want to frequently drive. There are plenty for sale, low mileage and most reliable. There are less desirable in there of their values because there are too many and they tend to be arguable in their style.

Frankly, there is no such thing as a less desirable CT. The anniv injected is desirable for those who really want to frequently drive. There are plenty for sale, low mileage and most reliable. There are less desirable in there of their values because there are too many and they tend to be arguable in their style.

True.. The Anniv is over done, but it is probobly the best driving of the bunch.

True.. The Anniv is over done, but it is probobly the best driving of the bunch.

Correct. It's the highest evolution of the series where as the FI 2V car had the right looks but the worst overall performance. I remember looking at Udo's last red 2v FI CT at auction, the owner had included all the original carb components as well as the awful FI parts that were on the car to make it legal in case the new owner wanted to put the car back to the way it left the factory which IMO was the way the car should have been.

At the end of the day, the proof is in the price. The Anniversary cars still hover at just above six figures while the 2V FI cars are still in the high five figure range. Go figure.

On another note, while it's not the original unadulterated LP400, I'd still find it hard to kick this one out of the garage...

004.jpg

Well said.

I've always loved the 25th. I think the white One posted above looks awful. Is that an 88?

88 1/2 Romandad style

The highest production numbers made is the 89 model. The fact that they are still 6 figures says something about desirability. My preference is the earlier cars, like a 5000s. I like the deck lid over the QV. If I was going to mod one though, I would pick the QV. They all have their merits, and we are lucky dogs to get to play with them.

88 1/2 Romandad style

The highest production numbers made is the 89 model. The fact that they are still 6 figures says something about desirability. My preference is the earlier cars, like a 5000s. I like the deck lid over the QV. If I was going to mod one though, I would pick the QV. They all have their merits, and we are lucky dogs to get to play with them.

I think the black bumpers just really throw off the lines...might I add the 25th looks just as bad with the giant US spec bumper. The Silver one Abolfaz posted is perfect.

Then again a countach is a countach..you can go wrong with any of them.

For me, the least desirable Countach would be an early LP400 periscopo............

..............just 'cause I can't afford one. (LOL)

Correct. It's the highest evolution of the series where as the FI 2V car had the right looks but the worst overall performance. I remember looking at Udo's last red 2v FI CT at auction, the owner had included all the original carb components as well as the awful FI parts that were on the car to make it legal in case the new owner wanted to put the car back to the way it left the factory which IMO was the way the car should have been.

At the end of the day, the proof is in the price. The Anniversary cars still hover at just above six figures while the 2V FI cars are still in the high five figure range. Go figure.

On another note, while it's not the original unadulterated LP400, I'd still find it hard to kick this one out of the garage...

004.jpg

Yum.

004.jpg

Exactly. I think many owners of these cars have become delusional in what they think they are worth and are really selling for.. I think Im going to need 2 Countachs. One 88 1/2 F/I but with euro conversion, and a nice 25th, that I would change the wheels on like this.. I think this red Anniv could be incredible with a few changes.. I think the wheels of the 25th really kill the car..

CountachAny_192.jpg

CountachAny_193.jpg

I would say it's probably the last of the 400S cars or 5000 2 valve injected....from a performance standpoint.

But I think the big bumpers and the uglier US taillights stand out in any of the iterations. I'd take a perfect Anniversary car (generally my least favorite design) over a butchered QV or 5000 2 valve carbed.

I would say it's probably the last of the 400S cars or 5000 2 valve injected....from a performance standpoint.

But I think the big bumpers and the uglier US taillights stand out in any of the iterations. I'd take a perfect Anniversary car (generally my least favorite design) over a butchered QV or 5000 2 valve carbed.

When I speak of any of the cars, they would be in their ideal iteration. IE the Anniversary would have Euro bumpers, as would the Qv..

Disclaimer - I am not a countach expert. But...in my opinion the MOST desirable would be the visual purity of the 400 with the performance of the anniversary. And in a perfect world the 400 tyres would have a wider footprint.

knowing you would want to mod it allan, i have not seen any ct look good modded except the 25th... especially the first one you posted. Had a pic of it before it had all those other tacky add ons...when it just had wheels it looked very sharp. the styling of the 25th didnt look very clean with those 15" 3 piece that made the wheels look even smaller with those 13" centers... plus, if you got a 25th ct all you have to do is to add the euro bumper strip and you would be virtually identical to euro versions sans the rear engine lid... the least amount of correction needed of the ct with us bumpers...its not going to be the most desired ct variant, but with the proper mods, it can look really nice... just make sure the lip section is step design with a smaller center to make it more period.

knowing you would want to mod it allan, i have not seen any ct look good modded except the 25th... especially the first one you posted. Had a pic of it before it had all those other tacky add ons...when it just had wheels it looked very sharp. the styling of the 25th didnt look very clean with those 15" 3 piece that made the wheels look even smaller with those 13" centers... plus, if you got a 25th ct all you have to do is to add the euro bumper strip and you would be virtually identical to euro versions sans the rear engine lid... the least amount of correction needed of the ct with us bumpers...its not going to be the most desired ct variant, but with the proper mods, it can look really nice... just make sure the lip section is step design with a smaller center to make it more period.

I would do the SV type decklid too.. :icon_mrgreen:

So its safe to assume, that the reality is that a 2 valve F/I Countach is the least expensive of the bunch?

For sure.