DWiggs gives wife Panamera, Facebook drama ensues!

GBGallardo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your only option is to unfollow him on Twitter then delete him on LinkedIn.

But what about Razzi and XBox Live? :lol2:

Best thing I've heard all day Porter!!!

Your only option is to unfollow him on Twitter then delete him on LinkedIn.

LOL...also don't respond to his eHarmony wink.

Did you just refer to yourself in third person?!

"HEY CHIMMMAYYY!"

Chimay doesn't like that tone you are taking with him. Some would say Chimay is getting annoyed.

Chimay doesn't like getting annoyed.

Thanks Aram!

I had my reasons for doing it, and I don't care at all about the YouTube comments; totally expected it.

My problem was with a 'friend' who neither has the decency or courage to deal with me face-to-face and must, instead, resort to back-handed comments, and subtle bullshit.

That's not how I work. As everyone on LP knows, I speak my mind to whomever about whatever; and that's how I live my life. I don't have time for fakeness and since I had already attempted to resolve this issue privately on TWO separate occasions, I decided that a public 'calling-out' was in order. I cannot stand the hypocrisy.

David

You missed my point my friend. Your relationship with Scotty is your business and i don't see how a public calling out is justified. We are not here to act as judge and jury reagarding a situation that does not concern us. Dirty laundry should be done behind closed doors.

Words of wisdom:

-Private moments like surprising your wife with a really nice present for her birthday should most probably be kept PRIVATE. I am not telling you how to lead your life as it is none of my business but, do you give a fcuk if the whole world knows what you did for your wife on her bday ? I suspect your answer is going to be NO and if that is the case, why post it on youtube?

Yes, there are people that are haters, jealous, rude,inconsiderate, etc.... Why feed the fuel?

You are obviously doing very well financially and i am extremely happy for you but your actions reek of SHOW OFF and most people don't like SHOW OFFS. You might not have meant it that way and you can say you don't really care what people think.

If you really don't care, then you should not get upset at the reactions. On the other hand, if you do care, then it goes back to my first observation.

All i can tell you is that i would not have handled this event and everything else that has ensued the way you have.

congrats on the panamera, beautiful car.

also instead of taking a picture of your screen with a camera and then importing and uploading the picture, Prt Screen (on a PC) or Command+Shift+3 (Mac) to get a screenshot....just sayin.

David

You missed my point my friend. Your relationship with Scotty is your business and i don't see how a public calling out is justified. We are not here to act as judge and jury reagarding a situation that does not concern us. Dirty laundry should be done behind closed doors.

Words of wisdom:

-Private moments like surprising your wife with a really nice present for her birthday should most probably be kept PRIVATE. I am not telling you how to lead your life as it is none of my business but, do you give a fcuk if the whole world knows what you did for your wife on her bday ? I suspect your answer is going to be NO and if that is the case, why post it on youtube?

Yes, there are people that are haters, jealous, rude,inconsiderate, etc.... Why feed the fuel?

You are obviously doing very well financially and i am extremely happy for you but your actions reek of SHOW OFF and most people don't like SHOW OFFS. You might not have meant it that way and you can say you don't really care what people think.

If you really don't care, then you should not get upset at the reactions. On the other hand, if you do care, then it goes back to my first observation.

All i can tell you is that i would not have handled this event and everything else that has ensued the way you have.

See, that's what I would have written in my PM, but probably with a few expletives thrown in; 'cuz I'm folksy ya'll.

I am only posting a response to get the fact straight. This will be my last post.

I learned a long time ago in my business, that anytime there is a problem or an issue, the truth lies in the middle. Facts often screw up a good argument.

I met David at a car event shortly after purchasing my first Lambo. I friended him and treated him they way I treat many of my friends. I invited he and his wife to several dinners in which I treated. I also loaned him my tractor/backhoe when he purchased his new home. Much to my chagrin he kept it for two months and returned it without anything other than a thank you. Here us where we differ. I would done something in return, if nothing other than a hand written thank you. Maybe this us a generational difference of opinion, but just a casual observation. We had shared our life stories and one topic brought up was I achieved my success after my father died (he died young) and I could only hope he knew how well I was doing. That is when the atheist conversation came up. I judge no one. I am not anti anything. I try to understand how you got there regardless of your beliefs. I have never shoved my faith down anyone's throat. Per this thread.....I will not name call or rant. However I cannot say the same for David. If I disagree with you .....I tend to listen rather than attack.

As for the "Cult Attack".... Really,seriously? It was a pool party! It was a party that a friend threw for a bunch if exotic car owners, many if them fellow LPers. Lots of drinking and partying. The topic of atheism came up as many of the guests all attend the same church and David is very public with his Atheism. Hence the big "A" tattoo on his arm. There was no attack, but if he believes it...it was. Perception is reality. I apologize to Emily for that, if that was the perception, it was clearly not the intent. Many of the LPers that were there and are reading this, are in dismay. Some if our wives invited them to our church just to check it out. This is not the church I grew up in, it is a young church aimed at 16-30 year old people that my kids brought me to. They love it because it has a live band and is very upbeat. We thought they might enjoy experiencing it, as it is really different. Apparently not the case. I recieve from David the next day, two rather large emails explaining why I was an idiot for believing in God. Who got attacked?

Davids father was an Extremely Successful Man and growing up in that Shadow has to be hard. This brings up lots of issues, none for this forum. However, I wondered how a person deals with death when you are an atheist? Not judging, trying to understand. I would be sad if I thought that this was as good as it gets. This is where we have a disconnect. I did not want to debate only understand. I do not want to enter into a debate as it will have only one outcome. David will believe what he believes and I will believe what I do. Nothing would change, waste of time. Most verbal activists are not happy unless you turn their way.

As for my concerns with our differences......are two fold. Mostly integrity. I am a generous person, I will let my posts in LP speak for themselves. I support many charities and like to share My success with others, part of my upbringing and religion. Many are aware of my car barn, a few LP members have my security codes. David convinced a fellow LP member to let him and some buddies into my car barn without my permission. I have an elaborate video and alarm system and one evening I was texted that the barn was entered.... on a day no one was to be there, I looked at the video cameras in my iPad, low and behold, guess who is in there! I texted the LP member who had my codes and he seemed shocked that this was not discussed in advance with me. I texted another car owner to see if he had given permission and he stated No he had not. Integrity.

I believe that Facebook is for fun not for political or religious rants. Personally all of these take up way too much time. Funny political or religious is ok, but don't rant. When David's atheist rants began and I was told each day that I am an idiot for being Christian, well I just did not want to see that everyday.....thus I did stop the issue with a defriend. Guilty as charged. I also deleted about 150 other people that I really did not know well, so i could see my friends posts more easily.

Did I "Like" a goofy off handed comment on You tube to a video. Guilty as charged. I did not do it with malice and did not do it covertly. The comments to that video are horrible and I would be more offended at them than the misinterrpretation.

Not that this will change anything, but I wanted facts to be displayed. I will not post again. I never disliked David or have ever said anything bad, we just agree to disagree. I guess this is how the new generation handles it.

Btw I thought this was a car forum?

People can believe anything they want. We know SHIT, it's that simple. If my belief was that we all evolved from a giant dinosaur turd it would be JUST as right as any other belief out there. It's a question that will never be answered. Everyone has their own theory, but there is no reason for anyone to state anything as facts. The human race THINKS they know much more than then they actually know. Hell we can't even fight cancer properly and some people actually BELIEVE they KNOW how we fcuking evolved from nothing? Give me a fcuking break. IMHO religion is just as much BS as atheists. Make up your own mind since no one will know the truth, ever and keep it as that.

Dad brings up some good points. We are ALL happy for your success here Dwiggs but putting up a video on youtube about giving your GF a Panemera Turbo doesn't really cater to that many people. Put up a youtube video of your wife doing a drag race with you vs a lambo, then it becomes a CAR video. Right now it comes off to MANY as pure "look at how much cash I have so I gave my wife a Porsche" video.

People can believe anything they want. We know SHIT, it's that simple. If my belief was that we all evolved from a giant dinosaur turd it would be JUST as right as any other belief out there. It's a question that will never be answered. Everyone has their own theory, but there is no reason for anyone to state anything as facts. The human race THINKS they know much more than then they actually know. Hell we can't even fight cancer properly and some people actually BELIEVE they KNOW how we fcuking evolved from nothing? Give me a fcuking break. IMHO religion is just as much BS as atheists. Make up your own mind since no one will know the truth, ever and keep it as that.

What's up with this rant, religion wasn't the main topic right now.

Religion, much like Politics is a huge no no on LP

Anyway mentioning it is likely to receive a hefty ban.

It can act as a source of comfort and refuge to some but can also be a motivating factor in the cause for war, if the UN cannot sort out that shit then the LP mod team simply cannot be arsed to mediate the parties involved let alone read through it.

Next you are going to tell me you typed that whilst I posted my last post right?

I can't edit it my self either for some reason. Just quote and reply button.

.... simply cannot be arsed to mediate the parties involved let alone read through it.

Doesn't this mean "assed"? Sorry but my King's English is a bit rusty? :icon_mrgreen:

Facts often screw up a good argument.

And man do they screw up yours! :lol2: Let's deal in reality, shall we?

I also loaned him my tractor/backhoe when he purchased his new home. Much to my chagrin he kept it for two months and returned it without anything other than a thank you.

Your chagrin? Normally if people need something back, they ask or say something; especially when the borrower keeps you informed as to why he needs it longer. The tractor! Really?!!? :lol2:

I guess paying to have your tractor fixed (since the backhoe was broken when it was given to me) is insufficient. Must be a generational thing...

We had shared our life stories and one topic brought up was I achieved my success after my father died (he died young) and I could only hope he knew how well I was doing. That is when the atheist conversation came up.

Wrong. It came up, ironically enough, at your birthday dinner (at which we brought a gift; and come to think of it, received no thank you note or anything...must be a generational thing). It was so out of left field that YOUR wife said you were being inappropriate. Not to make you feel bad, I gave you a brief, polite, and PC answer at the table.

I judge no one. I am not anti anything. I try to understand how you got there regardless of your beliefs. I have never shoved my faith down anyone's throat. Per this thread.....I will not name call or rant. However I cannot say the same for David. If I disagree with you .....I tend to listen rather than attack.

False. You judge everyone who is not like you; it's not something you need to be that ashamed of; everyone does it, but don't lie about it. You, and your 'group' have not only tried to shove your 'religion' down our throats, you have apologized and, in the words of T-Pain, blamed it on the alcohol. I can post the apology you gave if you like...

As for the "Cult Attack".... Really,seriously? It was a pool party! It was a party that a friend threw for a bunch if exotic car owners, many if them fellow LPers. Lots of drinking and partying.

Doesn't seem terribly 'christian' here...but why let the facts, as you put it, get in the way

The topic of atheism came up as many of the guests all attend the same church and David is very public with his Atheism. Hence the big "A" tattoo on his arm. There was no attack, but if he believes it...it was. Perception is reality. I apologize to Emily for that, if that was the perception, it was clearly not the intent.

:lol2: This is a complete lie. The topic came up because YOU brought it up, as you always have. You said, "David, I want to have a 7-year conversation with you about religion". I said, "Sure. Would love to." You then went on about how you hoped your dad could see how well you were doing; that is one, if not the only thing factually correct about what you have posted. You said you needed to believe in something bigger than yourself. I said, that's fine; I don't need to believe in god in order to do that if I need to believe in something bigger than me at all.

The "A" is not for atheist, it's actually the sybol for the Atom; but I digress...

You came downstairs and responded to my question of, "where's M" with, "they are upstairs right now converting her". I said, "converting her to what?" and you responded, "christianity". I laughed at the time because that's never going to happen. I come to find out when we leave that 6-10 people, yourself included, were upstairs litterally pressuring her to convert and go to your church. You insulted Emily by accusing her of only being an atheist because I am (since she couldn't possibly have a belief of her own...guess that's a generational thing...)You and people there were spouting BS like, "god is you, and you are god...god expects you to make mistakes because he does too." That's a cult; period. And to try and convert someone at a birthday party is downright rude and tactless.

What exactly is the intent of trying to get someone to attend your church and believe in god if not to convert????

Many of the LPers that were there and are reading this, are in dismay. Some if our wives invited them to our church just to check it out. This is not the church I grew up in, it is a young church aimed at 16-30 year old people that my kids brought me to. They love it because it has a live band and is very upbeat. We thought they might enjoy experiencing it, as it is really different. Apparently not the case. I recieve from David the next day, two rather large emails explaining why I was an idiot for believing in God. Who got attacked?

Like I said, cult.

You received a single e-mail detailing what was to be, PER YOUR REQUEST, the begining of our 7-year conversation on religion. I outlined the most popular beliefs in god, debunked them, and the asserted my position. I said it was 'your move' and anxiously awaited your justification on your beliefs. If you took it as an, "I'm an idiot for believing in god", then I can only quote you when I say, "SORRY YOU TOOK IT WRONG."

You don't ask for a discussion of 7-years and then respond to the first e-mail with, "I think we should agree to disagree..." That's a cop-out.

Yeah Scott, YOU got attacked; clearly.

Davids father was an Extremely Successful Man and growing up in that Shadow has to be hard. This brings up lots of issues, none for this forum. However, I wondered how a person deals with death when you are an atheist? Not judging, trying to understand. I would be sad if I thought that this was as good as it gets. This is where we have a disconnect. I did not want to debate only understand. I do not want to enter into a debate as it will have only one outcome. David will believe what he believes and I will believe what I do. Nothing would change, waste of time. Most verbal activists are not happy unless you turn their way.

Not really the place for this so I'll be quick. My dad was very successful; I'm now even more successful. Carrying that legacy feels great. Dealing with death as an atheist is more difficult because you must deal in reality and not fuzzy fairytales. What is does do, is force you to appreciate LIFE, because you only get one and are not arrogant enough to think you DESERVE an eternal second one. The difference between our beliefs? I can justify mine. You refuse to (or simply cannot) justify yours.

As for my concerns with our differences......are two fold. Mostly integrity. I am a generous person, I will let my posts in LP speak for themselves. I support many charities and like to share My success with others, part of my upbringing and religion. Many are aware of my car barn, a few LP members have my security codes. David convinced a fellow LP member to let him and some buddies into my car barn without my permission. I have an elaborate video and alarm system and one evening I was texted that the barn was entered.... on a day no one was to be there, I looked at the video cameras in my iPad, low and behold, guess who is in there! I texted the LP member who had my codes and he seemed shocked that this was not discussed in advance with me. I texted another car owner to see if he had given permission and he stated No he had not. Integrity.

This is the part that is most disturbing here because you simply lie to improve your appearance. You told me that, "I was allowed to go to the car barn any time I liked, for any reason..." And how do I have proof of that? You gave me the gate code, the secuirty code for the building, and the code for the key box. To boot, and out of courtesy, I texted you and called you before the visit in question. I also texted, and had permission from, the person who's car I was there to see. I'm sorry that I took you at your word when you granted me permission...must be a generational thing...

I believe that Facebook is for fun not for political or religious rants. Personally all of these take up way too much time. Funny political or religious is ok, but don't rant. When David's atheist rants began and I was told each day that I am an idiot for being Christian, well I just did not want to see that everyday.....thus I did stop the issue with a defriend. Guilty as charged. I also deleted about 150 other people that I really did not know well, so i could see my friends posts more easily.

I never once named you or any likeness of you on Facebook. I can post anything I want about anything I want. You feel attacked because I state what I believe. You seem to forget that saying or posting religious stuff like, "praise god for this..." or "I'm praying for that..." is as insulting (and annoying) to atheists as the stuff you claim you had a problem with. That's a TWO-WAY street.

Did I "Like" a goofy off handed comment on You tube to a video. Guilty as charged. I did not do it with malice and did not do it covertly. The comments to that video are horrible and I would be more offended at them than the misinterrpretation.

Why did you do it then? What benefit did it have. If you intended it to be funny, you should have written it on my wall. Or at least typed it yourself instead of hiding behind some 17 year old moron who most likely MEANT what he wrote.

You know Emily. She has a Masters, 2 businesses of her own, and is independently successful. That's about as far from the comment the guy said as possible and yet that was the comment you chose to 'like'.

It was tactless, but maybe that's a generational thing...

Not that this will change anything, but I wanted facts to be displayed. I will not post again. I never disliked David or have ever said anything bad, we just agree to disagree. I guess this is how the new generation handles it.

Btw I thought this was a car forum?

Me too, and now they are. I've got copies and histories of everything I have said and will gladly post should you choose to deny and deflect as you have done in the past. I deal in reality and fact; something which doesn't bode well for you in this situation. I'm sorry you are so bothered by my success at a young age (as well as other LP members whom I shall not name), but that is YOUR problem, not ours. And to be so hypocritical, catty, disengenuous, and underhanded as you were speaks more about your 'character' than even what you did. And to come on here and then lie repeatedly is simply more evidence...But I guess thats how your generation deals with things.

And yes, this is a car forum and now that the real FACTS are out, we can get back to the cars.